• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hm thats interesting, i have downloaded some animations from a resource including the z move activation animation and animation for every z-Move. But the animation for the beginning of the z move is not playing and e.g Light that burns the sky plays a wrong one

Years
    • Seen today
    Hm thats interesting, i have downloaded some animations from a resource including the z move activation animation and animation for every z-Move. But the animation for the beginning of the z move is not playing and e.g Light that burns the sky plays a wrong one

Idk what to tell you. Whatever resource you downloaded wasnt made by me, nor am I familiar with it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    To assign thr animation to the move for example light that burns the sky do I need to name it a certain way? By the way the resource I am using is the gen 8 move animation project.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    To assign thr animation to the move for example light that burns the sky do I need to name it a certain way? By the way the resource I am using is the gen 8 move animation project.

There is no difference between Z-Moves/Max Moves and normal moves. So however you implement the animation for a regular move is the same way you implement an animation for a Z-Move.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Can anyone help me? I just installed the ZUD Plugin and I get this error when I enter into battle with pokémon in routes:

[2022-12-10 00:16:50 -0300]
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:332:in `register'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Overrides.rb:58:in `pbSetSeen'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:293:in `block in pbSendOut'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `each'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `pbSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:240:in `block in pbStartBattleSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:197:in `each'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:197:in `pbStartBattleSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:284:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'

Years
    • Seen today
    Can anyone help me? I just installed the ZUD Plugin and I get this error when I enter into battle with pokémon in routes:

[2022-12-10 00:16:50 -0300]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:332:in `register'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Overrides.rb:58:in `pbSetSeen'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:293:in `block in pbSendOut'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `each'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `pbSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:240:in `block in pbStartBattleSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:197:in `each'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:197:in `pbStartBattleSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:284:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'

Start a new game, as stated in the installation instructions of Essentials Deluxe.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 70 (coords 9,35), map 146 (Gimnasio de Sorrento Ortega)

***Full script:
    pbReceiveItem(:WATERIUMZ)

Backtrace:
    256:PokemonBag:274:in `quantity'
    256:PokemonBag:68:in `quantity'
    256:PokemonBag:72:in `has?'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Data_Item.rb:87:in `add'
    227:Overworld:800:in `pbReceiveItem'
    (eval):1:in `execute_script'
    033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
    033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'

When trying to give the player any Z crystal (WateriumZ for example), that's the message that appears. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me. Great work.

Years
    • Seen today
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Script error in event 70 (coords 9,35), map 146 (Gimnasio de Sorrento Ortega)

***Full script:
    pbReceiveItem(:WATERIUMZ)

Backtrace:
    256:PokemonBag:274:in `quantity'
    256:PokemonBag:68:in `quantity'
    256:PokemonBag:72:in `has?'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Data_Item.rb:87:in `add'
    227:Overworld:800:in `pbReceiveItem'
    (eval):1:in `execute_script'
    033:Interpreter:143:in `eval'
    033:Interpreter:143:in `execute_script'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:1112:in `command_355'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'

When trying to give the player any Z crystal (WateriumZ for example), that's the message that appears. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me. Great work.

You had an existing bag prior to installing ZUD, so bag slot 9 (that holds z-crystals) doesnt exist. Please reset your bag by either starting a new game, or using the debug tools to fully empty it.

Please note that pbReceiveItem will still cause an error though if you dont have a graphic for bag slot 9 in Graphics/Icons (I forgot to include this, ill add one in the next update). So for now youll have to make your own.

Years
    • Seen today
    Major Update (v1.1.1)

• Simplified a lot of redundant code related to changing the move type of Z-Moves/Max Moves when certain effects are in play.
    • Raid Pokemon will no longer continuously attack multiple times in a turn if the number of remaining Pokemon on your side of the field is less than the number of moves the Raid Pokemon would normally use on that turn. This should help prevent Raid Pokemon from snowballing you when you're already losing.
    • Added a missing bag icon sprite for the Z-Crystal pocket (bag slot 9) in Graphics/Icons. This missing icon would previously cause an error when giving the player a Z-Crystal.
    • The SHOW_ZMOVE_ANIM, SHOW_ULTRA_ANIM and SHOW_DYNAMAX_ANIM settings have been merged into a single setting named SHOW_ZUD_ANIM. Toggling this will now hide the animations for all three mechanics, instead of individually. There wasn't any real point to having them separate before.
    • Added a new Dynamax setting named MOVE_TYPES_TO_WEAKEN. This is an array that contains all of the Max Moves types that are reduced in power due to the strength of their effects. By default, this contains :FIGHTING and :POISON types, as these are the only move types that are weakened in SwSh. You may add whatever types you want to this array to weaken the strength of all Max Moves of those types.
    • Added an entry for Paldean forms in the REGIONAL_FORMS plugin setting.
    • Updated various Max Raid code with native support for Gen 9 species and Paldean forms.
    • Updated various PBS files with placeholder data for Gen 9 species and Paldean forms.
    • Moved some code around in preparation for the release of the Pokemon Birthsigns plugin.

Years
    • Seen today
    Major Update (v1.1.2)

• Added missing placeholder data for female Oinkologne form that was overlooked in the previous update.
    • Fixed a bug with Max Guard that was accidentally introduced in the previous update. This would call a different Max Move when the base move was a type other than Normal.
    • Capturing new species in a Dynamax Adventure no longer records that species in the Pokedex unless you decide to keep that species upon completing the adventure.
    • Moved the Dynamax debug tools implemented by this plugin so that it is now located in the "Deluxe" debug menu added by Essentials Deluxe.
    • Added the following debug options to the general debug menu under "Deluxe Plugins..."
      • Toggle switches that enable/disable Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, and Dynamax.
      • Toggle the owenership of the Max Raid Database.
      • Quickly set up and test Raid Battles and Dynamax Adventures.
      • Automatically reset all Raid Dens on all maps simultaneously.
      • Add or edit saved routes for Dynamax Adventures.
      • Toggle whether or not Endless Mode is unlocked in Dynamax Adventures.
      • Reset your Endless Mode record in Dynamax Adventures

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.1.3)

• Fixed an error that would occur when a Dynamaxed Pokemon used the move Transform.
    • Fixed an error that would occur when using the Cheer command during Raid Battles in very specific situations.
    • Fixed an issue with Raid Den events that could cause large lag spikes when the game attempts to reset them.
    • Updated the AI so that it will no longer trigger ZUD mechanics on its own if it has been flagged to only use them as part of a scripted battle event using Essentials Deluxe.
    • The GENERATION_LIMIT plugin setting will now automatically scale to Gen 9 if the Generation 9 Pack is installed.
    • Moved all switches introduced by this plugin to Essentials Deluxe settings, for tidiness.
    • The DYNAMAX_ANY_MAP and CAN_DYNAMAX_WILD settings have been converted into game switches, and may now be toggled on/off in-game through scripts or events.
    • New Debug tools have been added to the ZUD Debug menu to quickly toggle Dynamax availability.
    • Removed the POWERSPOTS and ETERNASPOT arrays from the plugin settings. Instead, you may now simply flag each individual map with PowerSpot and EternaSpot. This can be done in map_metadata.txt, or through the in-game editor.
    • Added a new PBS file that automatically adds the PowerSpot flag to eligible default maps.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Thank you very much for the updates, although in my case my Pokemons are not getting the Gigantamax sprites - I changed the dynamax level to 10 and have the proper _gmax sprites - but they never get the correct sprite and just dynamax. Can you double-check that?

Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you very much for the updates, although in my case my Pokemons are not getting the Gigantamax sprites - I changed the dynamax level to 10 and have the proper _gmax sprites - but they never get the correct sprite and just dynamax. Can you double-check that?

Are you putting the sprites in the appropriate Gigantamax folders?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Are you putting the sprites in the appropriate Gigantamax folders?

my bad - I didn´t notice there is an extra setting in the debug menu to set the G-Max factor - I thought just setting dynamax level to 10 was enough.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Any idea how to fix this?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Any idea how to fix this?
    Spoiler:

Are you on Map 46 when this triggers? Your game seems to think that the map doesn't exist.

Back