• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #14: Jetpac - Who remembers this from DK64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• XAOkAO0.jpg

Jetpac
    - Week #14 -
    Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

Jetpac.gif
    "In the game, Jetman has to first assemble his rocket (which comes in kit form), and then fill it with fuel before taking off to the next planet (where the procedure is broadly repeated). Along the way Jetman has to defend himself from the planet's aliens, and for bonus points collect valuable resources which occasionally fall from the sky.

After the first level, the rocket stays assembled and just requires refuelling. However, every five levels, the rocket is changed and the replacement has to be built before it can be fuelled for take off. Each new model has a new design with a higher number written on it, although the gameplay is unchanged."
    Rules

✯. You can access the game via the link provided here. You'll want to select "Jetpac" mode. To replay the game, don't hit replay but rather refresh your browser. Thats the only way you can start the game over from the beginning.
    http://www.arcadeplay.com/game/jetpac-the-remake

✯. After your game is officially over, immediately take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. Standings will be determined by level. There is a very short window transition between when you die and the 'game over' screen, so take it as quick as you can. Tie breakers will be determined by high score.

✯. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

✯. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be September 20th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

RPXi2G5.jpg
    Standings
    1. O'aka XXIII - Lv. 13 (117,250)
    2. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - Lv. 12 (103,050)
    Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I got to level 5 but I didn't screen on my death, but I clicked restart and screened what level I died at, which should be fine.
    Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I forgot about this game...it's so tough. I might give it another go later.

I know right? The game is so much fun though. After experimenting playing with the game for this week's challenge, I actually continued playing the game for a good solid 30 minutes. The game gets really hard once you hit Lv. 8 - that's when the poop really starts to hit the fan.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Never played this game before, but it's really fun.

Spoiler:

Mhmm; just for next time around, try to take a screenshot immediately right after your last death to capture the level number. Or do what O'aka did and replay the level to get a second screenshot.

I'm still going to accept it though because I have a score of my playthrough and it's corresponding level so I know that this run was legit.

Years
  • Mhmm; just for next time around, try to take a screenshot immediately right after your last death to capture the level number. Or do what O'aka did and replay the level to get a second screenshot.

I'm still going to accept it though because I have a score of my playthrough and it's corresponding level so I know that this run was legit.

Ohh my bad. I just glanced at the other screenshots without really reading the rules. :x Next time I attempt this (tomorrow?) I'll do it right.

Years
  • That bloody speed boost killed me more times than it helped. I did bad but thought I would at least have a go while I had a bit of spare time.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Yo! Emblems will be given out sometime this week; in the meantime, the YOG is going to take a week break so expect it back up and running next Sunday!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back