Male
Chicago
Seen April 10th, 2022
Posted August 21st, 2021
7,239 posts
13.4 Years

Temple Run
- Week #2 -

Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

"In Temple Run, the player controls an explorer who, having stolen a treasure from a temple, is chased by "demonic monkeys" who want to eat him/her. As the game is an endless running game, there is no end to the temple; therfore, the player plays until the character falls off the temple to his/her demise or is eaten by the crazed monkeys."

Rules

☠. To access the game, it is available free in the app store for your phone. Note: if anyone can find an equivalent of it online, I will love you forever.

☠. After losing your last life, take a screenshot of your score - which in the case of this challenge will be the distance you've traveled - and comment below with it.

☠. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the farthest distance. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

☠. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be June 28th, 11:59 PM ET.

Emblem

Standings

1. O'aka XXIII - 59,616m
2. WarPaint - 51,373m
3. acatfrommars - 25,160m
4. Issac - 20,697m
5. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 16,273m
6. Juno - 10,885m
7. Omicron - 5,151m
8. Roaming Murkrow - 4,104m
9. Lord Scalgon - 3,548m
10. Arc - 2,677m
11. Satoshi Ookami - 881m

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
Challenge #1: Pac-Man
Brendino, acatfrommars, Satoshi Ookami

The Mad Blogger

"Look, whatever you're thinking,
do me a favor; don't let go."

Daily Bloggity
Twitter
My Daily Articles
My Anime
Food Fight #18
VIPQOTD #4

Gamerscore: 629,694

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori

Age 29
Male
Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Seen August 5th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
Yahoo, I'm in the hall of fame.

Anyways, el, I don't think phone games are a good choice...
Some people may not be eligible due to not having smart phone to play on...
Well, not that I'm part of them but I can see that being a problem for some...
Plus... how are we supposed to take screenshots of a mobile game?
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro

Male
Chicago
Seen April 10th, 2022
Posted August 21st, 2021
7,239 posts
13.4 Years

Most people do have smart phones though. It's also why I left a comment in the rules saying if someone can find me an online version of it as well, then the rare people who don't have smart phones can use that as their source for the game.

The majority of smart phones are able to take screenshots by hitting a combination of buttons. Either experiment by hitting random buttons, or Google your type of phone and you can find out that way.
The Mad Blogger

Daily Bloggity
Twitter
My Daily Articles
My Anime
Food Fight #18
VIPQOTD #4

Uh I am pretty sure hitting the home button and power button together will do the trick, for phones without the physical home button aka non apple stuff, hitting the the volume button and power button will do the trick, some phones have it in the power button menu too.

El Héroe Oscuro

Male
Chicago
Seen April 10th, 2022
Posted August 21st, 2021
7,239 posts
13.4 Years
idk if i should enter or not because i feel like i will be beaten by a mile lol
You'll never know if you don't go for it, mate! You'll do just fineeeee (:
The Mad Blogger

Daily Bloggity
Twitter
My Daily Articles
My Anime
Food Fight #18
VIPQOTD #4

Pepperton

Male
Texas
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted February 3rd, 2021
3,397 posts
8.7 Years
A quick question for you Matt, does this challenge include Temple Run 2, or is it just the original Temple Run?

El Héroe Oscuro

Male
Chicago
Seen April 10th, 2022
Posted August 21st, 2021
7,239 posts
13.4 Years
A quick question for you Matt, does this challenge include Temple Run 2, or is it just the original Temple Run?
I'm just going to say stick with the original Temple Run. I haven't played the second before but it looks like you are able to get power-ups and stuff that could give a person an unfair advantage. The first Temple Run is free anyways so it shouldn't be an issue accessing it.

Can I just post a picture of my all time record or do I have to actually put forth effort?
Haha actually put some effort into it, mate (;
The Mad Blogger

Daily Bloggity
Twitter
My Daily Articles
My Anime
Food Fight #18
VIPQOTD #4

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Your hairdresser.
Seen August 16th, 2018
Posted June 7th, 2016
270 posts
13.4 Years
Here's mine so far:

Liu Kang ftw.

YouTube (mostly uploads of bullet hell shmups)
Clash of Clans = Town Hall 11, Level 151. Max balloons, max wizards, max P.E.K.K.A.'s, max golems, max witches, max valkyries, maxed base except for walls and heroes. Crimson Reborn fighting.

Juno

Age 28
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,467 posts
8.6 Years

That'll do for now. c:
RPTKANTOHOENNHISUIAVATAR

Juno

Age 28
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,467 posts
8.6 Years
Man, you and your super high scores. D:

Updating mine.
RPTKANTOHOENNHISUIAVATAR

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Your hairdresser.
Seen August 16th, 2018
Posted June 7th, 2016
270 posts
13.4 Years
Even though my new best is 5,575, I don't think I'll ever top that high score...

*ragequit

(I'll only upload this image if this warrants at least 3rd place in the end)
Liu Kang ftw.

YouTube (mostly uploads of bullet hell shmups)
Clash of Clans = Town Hall 11, Level 151. Max balloons, max wizards, max P.E.K.K.A.'s, max golems, max witches, max valkyries, maxed base except for walls and heroes. Crimson Reborn fighting.

Austin

Age 26
he / him
Arizona
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,721 posts
13.2 Years
I will never get as far as O'aka.

edit: updating my score before elheroeoscuro adds it to the standings.
paired with Aslan
moderator of Video Games

Sonata

Don't let me disappear

Age 26
Male
Indiana
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
13,565 posts
9.3 Years
I would say that we should disable upgrades if the player has them. Because it is unfair.

Edit: I would also say no items. Since there is a running item that you can use at the start that automatically gets you to 2500 m. And then the ressurection wings basically give you a do-over for anything. So if you have a lot of coins you can just stock up and run forever.

El Héroe Oscuro

Male
Chicago
Seen April 10th, 2022
Posted August 21st, 2021
7,239 posts
13.4 Years
Are you taking upgrades into account?

Anyone that has better upgrades will have a huge advantage here. Not everyone is on equal ground, especially since getting the upgrades can be hard, so it's unfair to anyone who only started on this or started a new game.
I would say that we should disable upgrades if the player has them. Because it is unfair.

Edit: I would also say no items. Since there is a running item that you can use at the start that automatically gets you to 2500 m. And then the ressurection wings basically give you a do-over for anything. So if you have a lot of coins you can just stock up and run forever.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not the most versed in Temple Run; I just know it's a really popular game and it was requested, so I thought it would be a good idea to use it as a challenge. That being said, like I stated with Temple Run 2, power ups can give the person an unfair advantage which was why I said you couldn't use that version of the mobile game.

I'm leaving it up to y'all how you want to handle this. We can either do a hard reset when it comes to the standings and start over from scratch, or if you want to play by the honor system we can keep the current standings and people who used upgrades can resubmit a new score. Just let me know how you want it.
The Mad Blogger

Daily Bloggity
Twitter
My Daily Articles
My Anime
Food Fight #18
VIPQOTD #4