• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #10: Nyan Cat FLY! - No, no, not that song!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• XSOQ5R7.jpg

Nyan Cat FLY!
    - Week #10 -
    Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

RhgozHq.jpg
    "You try to fly through space and collect yummies ,while avoiding veggies. There are also stars and wikis you can collect. If you hit a veggie ,you can't collect yummies, wikis, or stars for a few seconds. If you hit veggies 3 times, you lose your ability to fly, and you get redirected to the game over page with a real life nyan cat picture. You can also submit your score, play again or go back to the main menu. At the main menu you can type in using your keyboard (and not in gameplay or the game over screen,custom nyan cat or credits) some secrets. You can also customize your nyan cat and give it a different look!"
    Rules

✪. You can access the game via the link provided here.
    http://www.silvergames.com/nyan-cat

✪. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your nyans and comment below with said screenshot. This is how you enter into this challenge. For this challenge, I will only be accepting current nyans, not the best nyans.

✪. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest nyan. However, only the top 3 nyan scoring members will obtain an emblem.

✪. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be August 23rd, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

0wGYM3Q.png
    Standings
    1. Oryx - 13,222 nyans
    2. Juno - 12,251
    3. Satoshi Ookami - 12,000 nyans
    4. Starlight - 11,499 nyans
    5. Roaming Murkrow - 6,573 nyans
    6. O'aka XXIII - 5,436 nyans
    Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This is good for someone's first try, right?

I can listen to that song all day

EDIT:
    nyan1_zps2d45bb4f.png

I'm having fun~

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I don't know why this thread was closed when I got online, but it's back open and everyone's nyans have been inputted in!

Years
  • Eat yummies, avoid vegetables, story of my life haha

My eyes can't take it after 5k, maybe cause it's night and i should be in bed haha

brez-naslova.png

Gonna try again tomorrow

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Most celebrated and annoying meme of 2011. <3

Also, in the game description, it says
    Controls: Arrows = Move the Nyan Cat, X = Shoot
    But so far X just seems to make me move down. Is that not actually a thing in the game or am I missing something obvious?

f7mhTNt.png

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Everyone's been updated! So far, Oryx (11,983 nyans), Starlight (11,499 nyans) and Satoshi Ookami (11,353 nyans) lead the pack, but it's anyone's game! Keep it up!
    But so far X just seems to make me move down. Is that not actually a thing in the game or am I missing something obvious?
    I had the same issue, don't worry. I think there's just a glitch in the game or something that prevents the game from allowing you to shoot, or the host site just has a problem when it coming to servicing the game. Either way, it'll create more of a competitive nature to this challenge as the scores will be a lot closer and the margin of scores will be a lot smaller. At least that's what my take from this is.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Not anymore, Satoshi, sorry. :P

SbSKU6z.png

I had the same issue, don't worry. I think there's just a glitch in the game or something that prevents the game from allowing you to shoot, or the host site just has a problem when it coming to servicing the game. Either way, it'll create more of a competitive nature to this challenge as the scores will be a lot closer and the margin of scores will be a lot smaller. At least that's what my take from this is.

Yea, it doesn't seem to do anything...

Cool, as long as it's not just me lol. And yeah, it's more challenging without that ability anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Stop beating my scores this game is blocked at work so I can only play at home :(((

PX7Xm2O.png

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'll give the top three to you guys. Dang I still want to play this game and beat you all, but I can't even open it during the last 3 days due to my internet connection suddenly becoming so ******. D:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Although not that much of a turnout this time around, Oryx, Juno, and Satoshi Ookami took home the prizes for this week's challenge! It's about 230 am right now so I'm not exactly in much of a mood to make the next challenge at this very moment, so expect it to be up later today folks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back