• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #3: Tetris - Wait, should my screen be doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• tetris-logo.jpg

T e t r i s
    - Week #3 -

Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

Tetris_screen006_vf1.jpg
    "Tetriminos are game pieces shaped like tetrominoes, geometric shapes composed of four square blocks each. A random sequence of Tetriminos fall down the playing field (a rectangular vertical shaft, called the "well" or "matrix"). The objective of the game is to manipulate these Tetriminos, by moving each one sideways and rotating it by 90 degree units, with the aim of creating a horizontal line of ten blocks without gaps. When such a line is created, it disappears, and any block above the deleted line will fall. When a certain number of lines are cleared, the game enters a new level. As the game progresses, each level causes the Tetriminos to fall faster, and the game ends when the stack of Tetriminos reaches the top of the playing field and no new Tetriminos are able to enter."
    Rules

To access the game, use the link provided here. Note: it has to be this version of Tetris; no other score will count towards this challenge if not used from this link.
    http://www.firstpersontetris.com/

After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said picture. This is how you enter into this challenge.

You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be July 5th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

NeeoP1L.jpg
    Standings
    1. Juno - 36,960
    2. Klippy - 22,840
    3. O'aka XXIII - 18,180
    4. Brendino - 17,240
    5. Mr. X - 6,180
    6. Roaming Murkrow -5,300
    7. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 920

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I actually prefer this version to regular Tetris. ;x This was my third attempt. I'm gonna do one more try tonight before I jump in bed!

EDIT: Nevermind! Beat that score ;)

tpuipFp.png

Last edited:

srinator

dahell..... tetris isnt supposed to be this hard, 5 secs in and my brain died >_>
    the memories of playing teris on those small video game box thingies, thanks for destroying my childhood >_>

lolol kidding this seems very interesting.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think the hardest part of this is unlike other Tetris games I've played, the second the block touches something you can't adjust it anymore - other ones usually give you that millisecond to shift it a bit before it stops moving, that usually helps me a lot. :P

But this is kinda fun, I like Tetris.

Uf7YmvL.png

Years
  • I just wish I can see many of your reactions when you first see the challlenge and think "oh, tetris pffff" and then see the screen flip for the first time xD

yeah i thought his was gonna be easy, and then the screen flipped when i pressed space.

EDIT: I somehow broke my game (probably from mashing the buttons cause i had no idea where to put the piece). What happened is that i can still move the tetris block i'm supposed to place freely, even rotate it and the screen rotates with it.

Also got a new high score that still isn't even close to the other 2 lol

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Well, that wasn't cool.
    Spoiler:

I didn't realize it was a game mode at first haha, thought it was like a music/sound option or something. But it kinda makes the 'normal' mode easier to play after.

Spoiler:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Here's my entry. Now I need to find me some aspirin.

pqSA9v4.jpg

Also, shouldn't this contest be done already? Says it right in the intro - You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be June 5th, 11:59 PM ET.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Also, shouldn't this contest be done already? Says it right in the intro - You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be June 5th, 11:59 PM ET.

Just meant for it to be July 5th instead of June 5th. Fixed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back