• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #5: Flappy Bird - Where's Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• 14852-b.png

Flappy Bird
    - Week #5 -

Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

aUFfZ8t.jpg
    "Flappy Bird is a side-scrolling mobile game featuring 2D retro style graphics. The objective is to direct a flying bird, which moves continuously to the right, between each oncoming set of pipes without colliding with them, which otherwise ends the game. The bird briefly flaps upward each time the player taps the screen. If the screen is not tapped, the bird falls due to gravity. The player is scored on the number of pipe sets the bird successfully passes through, with medals awarded for the score."
    Rules

★.Anyone who has the app on their phone can use that version of the game to play it. For those who don't own the app, you can access the game through the link provided here.
    http://www.crazygames.com/game/flappy-bird

★. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said picture. This is how you enter into this challenge. Note: I will only be accepting current scores, not your "best score." As such, make sure that you take screenshots of your scores each time you finish.

★. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

★. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be July 19th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

T3X4rYS.png
    Standings
    1. Umbreon - 929
    2. <<Chuckles>> - 913
    3. Roaming Murkrow - 444
    4. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 395
    5. USC Yuuka - 247
    6. Pepperton - 152
    7. DJTiki - 115
    8. Juno - 55
    9. Orpheus - 24
    10. Klippy - 15
    11. Illusione Tempus - 11
    11. Mega Venusaur - 11
    Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Is it possible to do it on my phone? I'm on vacation and only have access on my phone lol :(

If there's no way that you can get an advantage from the game on a mobile device than the PC version, than I'll allow it. I never downloaded the Flappy Bird app when it was available, so if there's a "pay to play" system in place I really don't know about it.

Years
  • If there's no way that you can get an advantage from the game on a mobile device than the PC version, than I'll allow it. I never downloaded the Flappy Bird app when it was available, so if there's a "pay to play" system in place I really don't know about it.

There isn't. The only thing different could be the physics of the game, but if they are not the same then it's not Flappy Bird anymore.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I hate you for doing this.

Spoiler:

I just looked at the app on my phone, and now I wonder on how all my friends can reach the 30s. No, the actual question is... they kept on borrowing my phone for Flappy. Why?

Years
  • If i could take a screenshot without having the score screen skip because i pressed Space at the moment i died, that would be great

Years
  • Feeling fairly confident about this. I'm going to use my phone since the web version keeps freezing on me.

Years
  • flappy-bird.png

I also feel kinda confident about this. I don't hate Flappy Birds as much as most people do, if i get frustrated i just take a break, watch some AH videos and that stuff.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • dx7VPs3.png

This PC version controls somewhat differently than the phone one. It's kind of noticeable, but probably only because I got 100+ on the mobile one and this one is harder. :'(

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Everyone who has submitted a score has been added to the standings! Keep up the great work everyone! And remember, no matter how you do in this challenge...
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Everyone who has submitted a score has been added to the standings! Keep up the great work everyone! And remember, no matter how you do in this challenge...
    Spoiler:

You are gonna need to show me that pic when somebody totally destroys my top score like in the other years of gaming lol.

Well at least i feel confident about this one.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I'm also going to allow using the app if there's no advantage (I'm editing it into the rules now.) The PC version is available for those who want to participate but have no way of playing the game.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • You are so cruel I HAD TO GET back on the Flappy Bird Train, I think I'm used to it again. Here's my entry,which is attached to the reply. But I won, sooooo

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back