• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the heck did you turn into that?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • This new section needs some new threads!

Anyways - what Pokemon do you find to have a strange evolution?

I'll go ahead and name the obvious Trapinch line - from that to Vibrava certainly surprised me and still doesn't quite make sense to me. XD

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Well, BnB, this article should help you understand Trapinch's line
    Well, I don't really know, although Magikarp shocked me, I now the backstory ...
    But if I must pick one,it'd Feebas I guess, how do that become a Milotic?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I think Oshawott's evolution line doesn't make sense to me, imo.
    It evolving into a Sea Lion-like creature with a big horn thing; just doesn't seem like it evolved from Dewott.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    dragonair into dragonite. don't get me wrong, i love dragonite, but they shouldn't be related imo.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Is it just me or should I say Feebas & Milotic should fit into this category too?

It's sorta like the Magikarp/Gyarados situation, only Feebas can actually fight lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Apologies for being too technical here:
    I feel that way about Magikarp and Gyarados.
    Magikarp and Gyarados are based on the legend that whenever carps leap over waterfalls, they turn into dragons.
    Remoraid evolving into Octillery, what is it with a little fish turning into an octopus?
    Remoraid and Octillery are also based on weapons, particularly guns, because of their ability to learn projectile or beam based attacks. (I also don't see how fish can turn into octopi; I mean, Remoraid could just evolve into a larger fish that looks more like an artillery weapon while retaining the fish concept).

I find Whismur evolving into Loudred weird, aesthetically. I mean, I just find it weird that a pink rabbit like thing can turn into a boombox.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Feebas/Milotic. Just as jarring as Magikarp/Gyarados, but no legend behind it.

Dragonair/Dragonite is actually another good one... one is serpentine, the other is a winged beast with developed arms and legs.

I could also sugggest Snorunt/Froslass since how does a little guy who looks like a cone turn into a icy ghost thingy?

Don't get me started on Glameow/Purugly. Yeah, they have similar features, but how could cute little Glameow become something so... atrocious?

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • About Magikarp/Gyarados there's this legend of how a Koi jumps a waterfall to become a dragon;
    And about Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite I read the story somewhere but forgot, it is still weird though

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Well, obviously Remoraid to Octillery, Oshawott's evolutionary line, Magikarp and Feebas to Gyarados and Milotic, respectively.

I'd suggest Combusken to Blaziken, sure they have the same origin but it's pretty weird that Combusken evolves to Blaziken.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Other than Magikarp/Gyarados I would say the Timburr line (I know they look alike but thats not where I am getting at) but Timbur is holding a big piece of wood and then when it evolves, it now is holding steel and then finally after the final evolution, it would hold two concrete bolders or something.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Oshawott's evolutionary line

Wait till you see Marriland's reaction to Samurott and how he reminisces that moment when he played Black in Japanese and how a "cute" Dewott could evolve into this "giant bearded thing with a giant horn" called Samurott.

If you watch Pokemon White 41: Celestial Tower Part 1 from his Pokemon White Adventure videos, it's near the end (after defeating a Psychic) that his Dewott evolves and he remembers that moment when he first saw Samurott back when he was playing the Japanese Black.

Marriland as you know, adds comedy to his videos just for that laughter factor.

When I first watched that video, I totally laughed!

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Well I dislike Tepig's Evolution line, he should have stayed on all fours.
    Something like this
    Pokabu_Evolution_by_PashaPup.jpg

Shuppet and Banette, I see that they are both dolls but when I first saw them I couldn't see any connection. I didn't even release they were related.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • There are so many I can think of...
    But, I'm gonna go ahead and say the one that just makes me all types of LOL

Drowzee to Hypno.... it got a nose job and lypo. Thats what I thought when I played it the first job, and started calling it the 'model' evolution. yeah....

And also Karrablast and Excavalier... where did a bug pick up a knight suit and javelin?

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • None of them are stranger than real life, e.g. tadpole into frog, but I would have to say that the Dratini line could have done with a more serpent like third evolution, Dragonite should have had two other predecessors or should have been more of a snake, like serperior for example.

Personally also I think Dragonite should have looked scarier, he's a bit to cutesy for my liking.

Zeus

Back