• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ABP #20] Infernape and Tauros

Who's your favorite?

• Infernape

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Tauros!

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • After a very close match, Donphan bested Palpitoad!

250px-Ash_Infernape.png
    VS
    225px-Ash_Tauros.png

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Infernape and I have reasons for it. Infernape had a huge plot going on during the Sinnoh region and had proven to be one of Ash strongest Pokemon in my eyes. Starting off from a Chimchar, being part of Paul team, Chimchar had went over to Ash to become stronger. The Pokemon had started to improve with Ash training and had then turned into a Monferno. It kept on proving itself until it gotten the chance to become a Infernape. It wanted to show how strong he is (This is what I think) To Ash, giving these two a good bond within the series. I have seen Tauros with Ash a few times, mainly because I barely remembered the old series but I didn't like Tauros that much. Tauros was a good Pokemon but Ash had caught a lot of them so it's hard to figure out which one of them he had used the most and had a bond with. So my vote is going towards Infernape for this one.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Infernape for me hands down. There is absolutely no uniqueness to the 30x Tauros. I don't even remember then having a shining moment where you would say "aw these Tauros sure are something". For me Primeape did more in his short stay with Ash then any of the Tauros, to me I felt they made no impact what so ever. Infernape on the other hand added fuel to the fire for an already intense rivalry. He added more to the story then just about any pokemon Ash has ever had, so on that alone he is awesome. But that's not the only thing great about him, guy dominated vs. Paul in the Lily of Valley Conference and is one of the biggest Powerhouses period.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Infernape, because it had plenty of development during its ownerships with Paul and Ash. I liked how it always tried hard for Ash, especially during its battles against Paul.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • tauros' capture episode was banned I think, that's why it was blighted. So, Infernape for me. It is a lot more stronger, had a longer airtime, and a deeper story.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Just banned in countries outside of Japan. The capture itself was an after thought. Not like with say Snivy where the episode focused on its capture. The primary focus was seeing Dratini(who was then a Dragonair). I think it would have been better though if he didn't capture Tauros in bulk that way maybe it would have been used more often and actually developed some what of a personality or had moments of its own.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yeah, too many Tauros to bother with. None of them really seemed special. Besides, Infernape was a huge focal point for the DP series and it finally able to control Blaze was pretty sweet, especially in the battle against Electivire.

Years
  • Infernape, because it had plenty of development during its ownerships with Paul and Ash. I liked how it always tried hard for Ash, especially during its battles against Paul.

I agree with Matt (PlatinumDude) there, I voted Infernape because of its backstory and the development it got. I remember when Paul used to own it as a Chimchar and then during the Hearthome Tag Battle saga that Paul released Chimchar and Ash caught it.

Infernape even managed to defeat Paul's Electivire so that's why Infernape was my fave of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I think this is a no-brainer. Infenape, a completely powerful and significant pokemon to the Pokemon Anime VS A casual non-used insignificant Pokemon in Ash's party.

I cannot add more on why I like Infernape except for the beautifully made design...just epic and powerful 8)

Tauros...well... If it only had spotlight, then we could have considered a slight debate :\

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I am voting for Tauros because he is a very strong pokemon, beating Anabel's Metagross and nearly Drake's Dragonite. While As has 30 Tauros it is assumed each time that he uses the leader of the herd. This Tauros also has a cheerfull perosnality and if he is ever given more screen time there is a lot of room for development.

I also dislike Infernape for some reason, maybe because Blaze was used so muc with him.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I don't really like Infernape that much. He's okay, but.
    I voted for Tauros. Mainly because everyone else was rushing at Infernape, but also because I adore Tauros.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Infernape got my vote. The 30x Tauros isn't something unique in my eyes. I feel like Infernape got the plot going and very well I might add. With his ability to control his Blaze ability, he turned out to be a exceptional partner for Ash.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pretty much what both Kenshin and Symbonite said about the Tauros, there isn't much unique about 30x. But yeah, you should also take into consideration that it could've been that Ash has used the same Tauros in a lot of those battles, but that's pretty much unknown.

We've seen Infernape grow throughout the D/P saga, it's had just as much more screen time than those Tauros, and proved itself countless times, it'd be unfair to go for Tauros imo.

Years
  • I'm definitely part of a minority here.

Tauros gets my vote! I felt Infernape was extremely overhyped and still miss its Chimchar form. D/P was by far my least favorite season so that's most likely contributing to my dislike for it... but I'm just not a fan. Tauros just appeals to me more even though it's not as "unique" since Ash has so many of them.

But yeah, big buff monkeys aren't appealing to me, lol. I do think Infernape had a good story; growing up from an abused little Pokemon to a powerhouse who proved Paul wrong was one of the anime's best plotpoints, so I'll give it that.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I chose Tauros. They are really tough Pokémon, that showed us beautiful battles. And, they are THE 30 Tauros got in a banned episode !
    About Infernape, I don't really like this Pokémon, even if the plot concerning it is more interesting for some, this Pokémon annoys me.
    So between both I prefer Tauros.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I went with Infernape because we were able to see its character develop more than Tauros and besides we don't know which Tauros Ash uses each time since there are like 30 of them.

:t354:TG

Back