• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The iPhone's cost went down

Years
  • That's the best news I've heard from Apple in ages.

What are your takeaways from yesterday's presentation?

Years
  • In no particular order...

7th Generation iPad: I think it's certainly enticing if someone doesn't already own an iPad. No further thoughts here; although I dislike how Apple is pushing hard at it being a PC replacement. While the iPad Pro is certainly powerful, I'm not quite sure it'll really reach that level of being a PC replacement.

Apple Arcade: I honestly don't care about this in the slightest. Good for those who use their iPhone/iPad for gaming, I guess?

Apple TV+: We really have reached an era where every Bob and Sally wants to launch their own TV streaming services to compete with Netflix, huh? I'm withholding my opinion on this for now, except to say that I'm... not really that enthralled with what I've seen. We'll see if Apple TV ends up being a gimmicky service that barely anyone ends up using, or whether it'll gain steam. As it stands though, I find it hard to convince someone who's already subscribed to Hulu and Netflix to also subscribe to Apple TV. Those subscriptions add up.

Apple Watch: Probably the most drawn out thing this presentation, to the point where I was honestly kinda starting to get tired of Apple rambling on about it. Sure, the 5th series Apple Watch is perhaps great, and you can customize your watchband and it apparently saves people's lives. You don't.... have to go on and on about it. That's just kinda being pretentious, but maybe that's just me.

iPhones: And here we have the meat of the whole presentation. I gotta admit, it's hard to say that one isn't impressed by Apple's price-lowering strategy. I can't help but feel, though, that this is a slap to the face to anyone who purchased a X, XR, XS or XS Max because why pay a thousand bucks when you could've stuck with your iPhone 8 until this came out? Granted, I don't think anyone foresaw Apple lowering prices on... anything, much less their iPhones, but I feel like if I were a user that purchased an iPhone within the last two or three years, I'd feel a bit cheated, to be honest. Not that I'd have a whole lot of reason to upgrade to begin with, but it would've saved me time and money, at least.

I do feel like this is a stopgap year, though. The biggest thing Apple is touting about in the iPhone 11 series is the camera. I see that their approach is to compete with both the Pixel and the P30 Pro, so we'll see how that goes. But I think if you purchased an iPhone within the last few years, unless you're a professional/hobbyist photographer or cinematographer, I don't see a very strong reason to upgrade. It seems like this presentation was more or less geared towards those in the media industry wanting this rather than your everyday layperson utilizing this. I'd wait until 2020 to see the truly exciting stuff.

Years
  • Iphones went down in price? EEEEEEEEEE! My Mom will be so HHHAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYYYY Because she's buying me one soon. I don't care what model of iphone she buys me, just not like my current flip phone cause the flip phone is a pain in the *** to text with!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • As an owner of an iPhone XS I feel cheated that I spent so much on my current phone when I could have waited a few months to upgrade, but I like the design of the XS more than the 11 so I think I'll hold on to the phone I got for now. The dual camera on the 11 and triple cameras on the Pro are a nice touch but I feel like the placement of the camera could look way better. And it's not like I need to the extra cameras when my phone takes perfectly pictures already.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    The screen resolution of iphone 11 is not the best and the base storage is only 64gb.

Years
  • I don't feel too cheated buying an XS since I like the design a bit better myself, and I also bought a regular (non Max) XS so the price difference isn't too huge between that one and these. Still, like the color options a lot this time around, especially purple! Looks very good. 👍

Years
  • I really think the base storage on both models should be 128GB at this point. :\

I'm excited but conflicted! I really want the size of the Pro Max, but I want the purple iPhone 11. I'm inclined to think I'll wind up going with the former as I can just get a case for aesthetics. :thonk:

Back