• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
Years
I need help please...

I entered a code for Leaf Green in PokeScript and it says that all of the commandes are invalid:
Code:
 #OFFSET: 0, 0
Invalid Command : Lock
Invalid Command : Faceplayer
Invalid Command : message

#INLINE: 0, 1
9: Encoding text: Hi, how you doing?\p Here's a Potion to help you on\I your journey.
Invalid Command : release
Invalid Command : end
This is the code I entered:
Code:
#ORG $ShowText
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Hi
$Hi 1 = Hi, how you doing?\p Here's a Potion to help you on\I your journey.
release
end
Does anyone know why this code is invalid.
Thank you.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
okay.okay, I was on PHCompany the other day and a saw this REALLY cool R/S Patch there.

Now the site is gone and I was wondering if anybody has it? (I belive it had like... D/P Tiles or something)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
didn't you read my post? there is only ONE R/S Patch... AND IT'S NOT THE ONE I WAS TALKING ABOUT!

I say it again:

It was WICKED AWESOME, and I belive it had D/P Tiles.

I want it. NAO.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
in theory
if i took a blank .txt document, and pokemon gold
then used windhex32 to make a patch of pokemon gold
and told it the blank .txt was the original
would it create a patch to turn blank.txt into pokemon gold?
and if so would it be against the rules to distribute this patch?

EDIT: i just tested this

by making a patch of a ROM and choosing a blank .txt as the original, you can reproduce the rom using the patch. however, you need to rename the file to .gbc instead of .txt for VBA to read it correctly. so now my only question is - is this against the rules to give out?

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
(Please excuse me if I'm repeating a question, since I looked through the first few pages to see if it was there.)

How do I add a custom sprite from a .png file or something similar into the game?

also...

Are there any rom hacking programs for Mac?

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
in theory
if i took a blank .txt document, and pokemon gold
then used windhex32 to make a patch of pokemon gold
and told it the blank .txt was the original
would it create a patch to turn blank.txt into pokemon gold?
and if so would it be against the rules to distribute this patch?

EDIT: i just tested this

by making a patch of a ROM and choosing a blank .txt as the original, you can reproduce the rom using the patch. however, you need to rename the file to .gbc instead of .txt for VBA to read it correctly. so now my only question is - is this against the rules to give out?

Errr. Yeahhhh...... (insert Duhhh! here)

The file is still a ROM image it is not a patch, just because it now has the extension of .txt doesn't make it legal.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
Errr. Yeahhhh...... (insert Duhhh! here)

The file is still a ROM image it is not a patch, just because it now has the extension of .txt doesn't make it legal.

it isnt changing the extension to .txt, it is making a patch that would convert a blank .txt document into a gold rom named as a .txt

i meant is distributing such a patch legal?

PikachuEX

A Rare Pikachu Lover
Years
I have a few PokeScript questions:
How do I start a battle like the one where Wally catches Ralts?
How do I make someone push the player out of the way?
How do I make someone follow the player?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hello there pipz...
I got a question... :\

If, we change some tiles in a map through scripts... Let's say there's a stairway to go up a mountain, but then, we put a script there and once the player steps on the script, the stairs will vanish...

Now, my question...
Will the changed tile become permanent all throughout the game?

Thankies~

Well, when changing tiles through a script the changes aren't permanent. In fact, each time you leave the map and you come back again, the tiles will be loaded again from the ROM.

And now to my problem, how do you change the Pokemon that Old Man catches in Viridian City? I'm trying to change it to Entei if that helps. Also, which tool can change Attack Names?
It would require some ASM hacking skills, but I'll tell you what you need to edit.
So, load your ROM with a hex editor. I'm assuming you're hacking FireRed.
Go to offset 0x07F88C. Once there you will see 0x0D. Change it to 0xF4.
Go to offset 0x03F7A0. You will see 0x7C. Change it to 0x20.
In case you're interested in the level too, simply change the byte at 0x07F88E.
Now, using the special 0x9D in any script you would see something similar:

oqyxkz.jpg

Regarding your second question, you can use NEA (Name Editor Advance) or any hex editor which supports tables.

Cartmic

Years
it isnt changing the extension to .txt, it is making a patch that would convert a blank .txt document into a gold rom named as a .txt

i meant is distributing such a patch legal?

All that is happening there is it is comparing the rom with a blank text file, so as there is no data in the text file it copies across all the rom data. Even with patches with most peoples hacks these days, they are not legal, as what makes it illegal is the copyrighted nintendo content such as tiles copied form Diamond.

Its not the fact that its a ROM image, its the copyrighted content within the file thats the problem.

How does one change the back sprites for the trainers?

What game are you using?

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
How Do You Change The Title Screen For Pokemon Emerald?

i think i heard somewhere that is the hardest to do 0__________o
but i know there is a title screen changer, i have the tool but do not use it.
try going to the toolbox section and look around in there, not specifically 'title changer' or something like that, look in people's toolboxes =]
TheTheThe usually has some BA tools, but there are A LOT there so.... Blah, just go look :D

Uh, ok... Needs ME an answer... Loading custom tiles?
how you do it nukka? :D
I have now made a coolie house, that i want to put in... buuuuuuuut do not know how, i have an idea/hunch, but i can't just go off on that.
plus i've already tried most i know...
any help?
:B

Cartmic

Years
i think i heard somewhere that is the hardest to do 0__________o
but i know there is a title screen changer, i have the tool but do not use it.
try going to the toolbox section and look around in there, not specifically 'title changer' or something like that, look in people's toolboxes =]
TheTheThe usually has some BA tools, but there are A LOT there so.... Blah, just go look :D

Uh, ok... Needs ME an answer... Loading custom tiles?
how you do it nukka? :D
I have now made a coolie house, that i want to put in... buuuuuuuut do not know how, i have an idea/hunch, but i can't just go off on that.
plus i've already tried most i know...
any help?
:B

Have you extracted the current tileset?
If so you need to make sure the colours are right, then carefully place it onto the house tiles you are replacing, now load up Advance Map, load an outside map, click tools>block editor>picture>load tileset

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Okay, so I found the offset for Oak's image in the beginning. It's located at 0x461734.

Now, question is, how do I get there in unLZ?

Because it just takes numbers, not offsets.

Last edited:

Cartmic

Years
Okay, so I found the offset for Oak's image in the beginning. It's located at 0x461734.

You convert that address into Decimal, which would be 4593460.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Okay, I tried that.... but, it still didn't go there.

IT says its at a different image offset than I specified.

It says it's at 008E37DC, and doesn't show the image of Oak.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, when changing tiles through a script the changes aren't permanent. In fact, each time you leave the map and you come back again, the tiles will be loaded again from the ROM.

Oh~
Thankies for that info, - HackMew -... :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back