• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
map one is pretty good very plain but thats how all starter towns are, 7/10

map two is not bad but you need to put more grass, i can get through that without going through any grass.
6/10 without the grass 8/10 with the grass.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Here my work
2one.gif

Map name: Kymoto Town
Map game: Crazy[V]ie version...
kymototowncn0.png

Map name: Route Plate
Map game: Crazy[V]ie version...
mjzurerouteuq0.png

Description: anyway... non
user203074pic1413391221si3.gif
user203074pic1413391221si3.gif

Credits by Kyodole ^^

Please comment and rate my maps ^^

Not bad maps at all!
First map: It's good for a starting town, just too sqaure.
Rating: 7.5/10
Second map: I really like this map. The shape is great.
Rating: 8.7/10

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
hey i made 2 maps here they are !

map 1 :

town.jpg

map 2 :

route1-8.jpg

please rate !!

Add different trees besides the same border ones throughout the map. Give the cliff more amazement, more rocks couldn't hurt either.

7/10 both maps.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
New map by me :D
starttown.png

Well, pretty good map but I can notice some tile errors on the mountain and also in the waterfall.
Also it is a little square and the paths' shapes are disturbing, and the palettes... are too light...
Rate 7/10.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I didn't know where to post this. I just wanted people to certify if its a nice remake or not...

Map Name: Ecruteak City

Map Game: Leaf Green

Comments: It's the map of Ecruteak City, for the remake of G/S/C that I have started to work on in Leaf Green. Ignore the sprites for the people. Those were not originally there, they've been pasted over with MS Paint.

JohtoEcruteakCity.jpg

Qwilfish

Years
I didn't know where to post this. I just wanted people to certify if its a nice remake or not...

Comments: It's the map of Ecruteak City, for the remake of G/S/C that I have started to work on in Leaf Green. Ignore the sprites for the people. Those were not originally there, they've been pasted over with MS Paint.

JohtoEcruteakCity.jpg
Almost perfect. There should be a door in the middle-left house though. Other than that, a near-perfect imitation.

95%

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2017

(need 15 posts for images)

Hmm I can't see any real errors in the map but yet again I'm pretty sure that the house behind the Gym has a door. Also what about flowers? I mean the map is really well done but there are no flowers...

I'm gonna give it a overall rating of 7/10

Originality= 4/10

-*Sigh* another G/S/C remake... because if it is, I hope there will be some form of an original storyline to it.

-Are you planning to use custom tilesets or just sticking with FR/LG. But I see in this City you have placed some different types of houses and the R/S/E Gym, Pokemon Center and Mart.

Decorations (Flowers) = 2/10

-Not a flower in site! I would strongly recommend placing some on the plain patches of grass and around some buildings.

Layout= 5/10

-G/S/C in LG... It is more of a Revamp of Ecruteak City... But it looks to scale too.

This is what i think of it but still it doesn't mean you have to stop map editing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Being the competitive person that I am (seeing a map of the week thread open) I'm gonna go for it :D

Comments: This is a requested academy, therefore the owner had permission to use the tiles, and he told me to make this map. This map has everything I wanted it to have, (yes, the waterfall is not right, but is in my intention to have it like this, because these tiles make it look 10x better) also: there is a reason for everything. Trust me. (including the empty space on the beach, and every secret exit).

THIS IS AN ACADEMY! NOT AN OVERUSE OF THE MANSIONS.
Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

JohtoEcruteakCity.jpg
It's on LG...So why did you change the Gym, PC and PM? They looked better in LG graphics. The mountains, yeah, they look better, but the houses, no. I'd say the grass too should be changed. Oh, the houses look a bit out of proportion. :\

9/10
It's definitely a good remap but...not so much of a good map overall. Not saying Nintendo's way of mapping is bad, but this feels a lot more crammed and flowerless than the old Ecruteak. Dunno, it's not bad but...It feels like there's something missing. Like the fact that Ecruteak isn't meant to be in Adv. Gen games... Oh, and the tree shading is wrong. Well, there's no tree shading.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014

JohtoEcruteakCity.jpg

That's a nice remake.
Change the gym to the FR one,it suites better.
Nice tiles inserted.
Rating: 8.2/10

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
A map for my hack Pokémon Breakdown! (link in sig)
Map name: Route ???
Map on: Fire Red
Credits: Found in first post of my hack
BREAKDOWNMAP.png
Rating: 4/10
Reason: Let's see, there is a lot of empty space, and NO trees in the middle at all. The rock needs more shape, and every waterfall does not work. You can also see the cliff go into the border on the right.

Otherwise, it's a pretty fair map.

Years
Rating: 4/10
Reason: Let's see, there is a lot of empty space, and NO trees in the middle at all. The rock needs more shape, and every waterfall does not work. You can also see the cliff go into the border on the right.

Otherwise, it's a pretty fair map.
Thanks I'll add a few trees in the empty spaces etc. BUT the cliffs have to go in the border ;) It connects to other maps :P lolz

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I'm not using these tiles for any hack! I just used them for the map!
Spoiler:
Hmm...
Rating: 8/10
Reason: There shouldn't be any tall grass in "towns", and I hate the way you made the trees go into the rocks like that, it shouldn't be like that. Otherwise, fine map.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Skillz time!
This is just a random map I made for the fun of it...not for my hack, although I might use it...
A new map:
canyonue2.png

I found the bottom part with the sand really ugly, dunno about you...Oh, and the mountains up the top took me nearly 15 minutes to do. >.< And anyone playing this won't even go there. xD Also, the bottom part is man-made from the steps down, so it's sort of meant to be squarish.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Haven't seen a map by you in a while. :)

Anyways...
Rating: 8.8/10~
Errors: Not any tile errors. There are a few empty spots on the grass area near the houses, and the mountains are really empty too.
Suggestions: Fill in the empty spaces.
Comments: I like the shape and the way the paths are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back