• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Map name: Route 66
    Codebase: Pokémon FireRed

Description: The first route on your Journey through FALNA. It Contains a few patches of grass for catching various pokemon, and two ledges that make it easy to go from Rosewood town to Highview town.

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

------------
    Comment:
    I'm open to any constructive criticsm. And regarding that description, I couldn't resist and let my imagination work. This is the result :P
    Am I missing something? I'm just not seeing what everyone else is.
    I've never seen a lake/pond thing that is totally square.
    What's with the three random skinny trees. There better off just being removed.
    The ledge on the right serves no purpose.
    Also look through maps in normal games. Every map has flowers of some kind unless it's a dirt road where flowers would be unrealistic.
    The trees on the bottom look nice, but the trees along the top need some rearranging.
    And that little sand path in the middle is bugging me. I've just not sure why.
    It really just seems quite plain to me.
    Rating 6/10
    And now here's a map from me;
    Map Name: Fierebourgh City
    Comments: The 2nd town in the game, you get your Pokedex
    in the Research lab in the upper middle of town.
    Huge credit to Kyledove/Kymotonian for tiles.

Mapshot: (Attachment)

//44tim44
    I don't know what to think of this map. It's totally symmetrical, but it's symmetry looks perfectly fitting for the tiles.
    So if this were in normal everyday Fire Red tiles I'd be looking for a lot of variation, so I'll stick with that.
    Rating: In Kyledove tiles - 8/10
    In Default Tiles - 5/10

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Map Name: At the moment, untitled.

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: Another map from Lance Adventures, the player comes in from the right from a small desert village, and there's another town at the top left.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
  • Map Rating/Review Thread

Ratez please:) And yea I think it to maybe a little to much flowers XD Think I'll post a revision after the first rate...

Already finished it... Here is the revision tell me wich 1 u like more :) and rate ofcourse :)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    I have nothing to say about those maps, except for too much flowers. They're really good! Both 8.5/10

Years
  • fire red base
    name: im not really sure
    comments: this took me 30 minutes to do and i was thinking of posting it here because i think it was really good as i did do it in 30 minutes anyway here is the map

map:

Map Rating/Review Thread

please rate

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Try not to make the mountains so sqaure and use a little more creativity with the trees, dont make them look so un-natural. I dont like the fence trees on the right near the water, but i do like the shape of the water.
    6/10

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    I don't like the waterfall, so as the mountain. It's way, way to square. Good shape of water. 6.5/10

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    A really stupid map I made.
    I thought it was good, but..meh. =\

Map Name: N/A
    Map of: Fire Red
    Comments: N/A
    Credits: Satoshi Sogumori - inserting; Alistair - tiles

Map Rating/Review Thread

I will take any kind of criticism.

EDIT: PS- It's supposed to be a tiny little route.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Sorry to add to the growing number of posts without ratings. I've recently felt like my mapping skills have been declining, every map I make seems really ugly to me.

Map Name: Gaia City
    Description: Second to last Gym Leader. Home to the CEO of Uriel Enterprises. The paths really annoy me but I don't know what I should do about them. Those two joined buildings will be replaced by the Game Corner.
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Fiore Town
    Description: Home of the flying gym leader. Its purposely empty because it will be filled with many people and Pokemon. It just looks really really boring to me.
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Dracovia Village
    Description: I actually like this town for the most part. It looks too similar to a town from Semeles hack though. The last town in Serao and home to the last Gym Leader (Dragon).
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    Map Name: --no name--

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: Thanks to Whack a Hack for the snowy tileset and palettes. It's ment to be the first town (an island in sevii island).

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Wind I dont like the tiles, they just look to jumbuled, its hard to tell the difference between the trees and grass.

@ Dsh.
    Map 1: I get what your saying about the path it doesnt seem to fit the town, maybe make it a grass path or make it not as bulky, I dont like how sqaure the trees and mountain is and the dirt path on the left is ugly to.
    5/10
    Map 2: Again I dont like the path, its just to much, you put it in areas that are un-needed, tone it down a bit, but the rest looks good.
    7/10
    Map 3: I like this one, nice small simple map, the only thing I could suggest is maybe making it a bit bigger and putting more things in it.
    7/10

@@ Japanese writing guy :P
    Very nice simple map, I really like those tiles and palletes and the cute snowman :) The tree and house placement is good, and the mountains look nice. I just dont like how its an island just take the ocean away and its a really good map.
    7.8/10

Now for my map
    Name: none
    Fire Red
    Creds: Neti's rombase

I know I know its definitley as over used as garachomp but at least I waited for everyone to stop making a lot of them. :P

Map Rating/Review ThreadMap Rating/Review Thread

^Click me
    Rate please.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    @Mr.Fury: The only problem I see with your map is, it is too empty.
    7/10~
    ------------------------------------------------
    It appears as I have been skipped..LIKE usual. -_-;

Map Rating/Review Thread

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Help and rate

Hi everyone, well I need help. This is a map rating thread so I need you to judge my map and tell me what am I missing and what I can do better.

Map name: Babeil City
    BaseROM: Fire Red
    Comments: The first very place you visit in Nohmen region (my hack's region). You start on S.S. Dallie, get out and reach Babeil Harbor, then, at the left, here you are: Babeil City.

Map Rating/Review Thread

And this one...

Map name: Route 242
    Comments:
    The second route you reach in game, I thinks It's OK but I accept critisism.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Please rate and tell me what to add to Babeil City or what to remove/change. I'm out of creativity. Maybe I will make less square the cave on Route 242.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hi everyone, well I need help. This is a map rating thread so I need you to judge my map and tell me what am I missing and what I can do better.

Map name: Babeil City
    Comments: The first very place you visit in Nohmen region (my hack's region). You start on S.S. Dallie, get out and reach Babeil Harbor, then, at the left, here you are: Babeil City.

Map Rating/Review Thread

And this one...

Map name: Route 242
    Comments:
    The second route you reach in game, I thinks It's OK but I accept critisism.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Please rate and tell me what to add to Babeil City or what to remove/change. I'm out of creativity. Maybe I will make less square the cave on Route 242.
    1:
    Map 1: Too square, empty, tile errors..yada yada yada..4/10~
    Map 2: A little better; still kind of square, empty..5.5/10~

2:
    You can't use those tiles unless you ask permission from zel.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Again, another skip..-_-;
    PLEASE RATE THE MAP! >.<

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    It appears as I have been skipped..LIKE usual. -_-;[/COLOR][/B]
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    It's not empty, which is good. I just don't like it because of the house in the middle of a route with tall grass and the path on the right of the house. But it's still good. 7.5/10

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • I already asked Zel for the tiles. And they're not exactly the same. I only picked some of them (trees, grass ornaments, etc. and pokécenter as both pokécenter and pokémart) The sand roads and the green paths are mines and many others... do anyone wants to tell me what to add or remove to Babeil City?

And, do I have to put a huge quantity of greass, flowers and stuff to make my maps better? I think it's awful.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I didn't get any rating on this so here it is again. I am going to change the tiles soon.
    game:re red
    name:celebi's forest floor 1.
    It's a maze.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I already asked Zel for the tiles. And they're not exactly the same. I only picked some of them (trees, grass ornaments, etc. and pokécenter as both pokécenter and pokémart) The sand roads and the green paths are mines and many others... do anyone wants to tell me what to add or remove to Babeil City?

And, do I have to put a huge quantity of greass, flowers and stuff to make my maps better? I think it's awful.

you dont have to remove it just make it better. its way to square and it looks to plain, give the trees some shape and place the houses better.

maybe you should brush up on your mapping before you start a hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    New map.
    Three maps put together starter town, route, and a nice lake. :)
    coming soon: A very large city.
    Credits: Mew_Ryn and Forgotten Memory

*big map*

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back