• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
@Disturbed

Great Map, I love how you used the paths and made them Flow Nice..
9.1/10

Now give me the map.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I present to you all, 4 DP maps, all done today, and are all up for grabs!! =O

Credits to Punk Rocker for rombase

Twinleaf Town
Spoiler:

Route 201
Spoiler:

Lake Verity
Spoiler:

Route 203
Spoiler:

Note: It's impossible to get them 100% perfect, but I tried my hardest ;D

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Map Name: Grenodle City

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: The beginning town of my game, Pokemon Lavender, and the only time you'll see it on this game. It might come back later, in a remake.

Mapshot:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Map Game: Firered

Map Name: Balenga Path

Comments: This is my second ever map, so don't go too harsh on me! ;) It does seem a little open... I did this in 5-10 min.

Map Shot:
Spoiler:

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Wow I haven't posted in a while......
I made this out of complete boredom.

Up for grabs if anyone wants it.
Oh and the second cave entrance on top of the mountain is for an item since I was going to use this, but I had second thoughts last minute xD

Years

Oh and the second cave entrance on top of the mountain is for an item since I was going to use this, but I had second thoughts last minute xD
it's way to empty, the grass hasnt got good placement, the mountain is sorta straight.
i give it a 4/10.

p.s - don't be like Disturbed, giving away maps because i think people have to do there own maps.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
it's way to empty, the grass hasnt got good placement, the mountain is sorta straight.
i give it a 4/10.

p.s - don't be like Disturbed, giving away maps because i think people have to do there own maps.
For the emptyness, The only really empty part of the map is the top of the mountain, which there is no point in filling since no one will see it, the mountain is not that straight, and the parts that are straight are so that it has some playability, likewise for the grass.

Well the last comment is your point of view not mine~

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Don't knock the map because the mountains empty we judge on playabilty not the acctual map
And I LOVE it when people give maps away ;)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Don't knock the map because the mountains empty we judge on playabilty not the acctual map
And I LOVE it when people give maps away ;)
Not all of us do that my friend. I, myself, rate on beauty, as I think it's better to make them appealing to the eyes, rather than a cakewalk to go through. That's just me, though. Lets please not get into this debate again(Although I'm directly disobeying what I just said xd).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I present to you all, 4 DP maps, all done today, and are all up for grabs!! =O

Credits to Punk Rocker for rombase

Twinleaf Town
Spoiler:

Route 201
Spoiler:

Lake Verity
Spoiler:

Route 203
Spoiler:

~Skipped

Note: It's impossible to get them 100% perfect, but I tried my hardest ;D
skipped... <_<

Fantastic map, my friend. The only thing I don't like is the straight mountains. Everything else was wonderfully done... I must say this is one of your better maps.
i give it a 4/10.

Grass doesn't have good placement? That's how Nintendo intended the grass to be placed... not the way we're doing it, or in this case, you with random straight lines everywhere :(
It's empty because it is a map with good playability. Notice how maps made by people who are good at mapping started to get kinda annoying because of the difficulty it took to get through them... That in my opinion, is mapping without reason.
And a response to the P.S., some people have no artistic sense in themselves whatsoever, as it would mean a big unfair disadvantage when the time comes to create their own hacks.

I have spoken!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
It was a while since i posted in here, so i made a map that seems okay to me. Here it is:
Map name:N/A
Rom:Firered

It was a map i made, and I'm a bit proud of it. It was supposed to be a bit simple and peaceful, and its a starter town.
Ignore the red square D:

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010

I haven't Rate a map in a While. Here goes:

Map Name: Selumia Town
Game: Firered
Credits - Alistair - Tiles
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Megiddo,
First of all, im going to rate the water. The sand is fine. but the rocks in the water.
They're all the same, correct me if im wrong, there are 2 types?
5/10

Next up is the mountains, They are okay. Not straight and all.
8.10/10

Now for the paths, and greenery.. You need a major pallet change, in the path at the top of the map.
and I simply hate the way they are all small and straight, then big and Great.
The trees are OK. They are spacious. however.. see the empty spaces through.
Same with the flowers. they Suck, and could be better. (flowers are glued together.)
6/10

Might as well rate the tiles..
Well first off, some of it don't go together, A triangle, and a rectangle. Yuk.
and your block edits are lazy. (See behind triangle) Maybe look at the bottom of the tree shadow.. (Don't bother me much)

Total 5/10 Poor.

Please see above and improve.

I shall not rate the map after this one in the same fashon.
*Actually I'm not even going to rate it*

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
It was a while since i posted in here, so i made a map that seems okay to me. Here it is:
Map name:N/A
Rom:Firered
Spoiler:

It was a map i made, and I'm a bit proud of it. It was supposed to be a bit simple and peaceful, and its a starter town.
Ignore the red square D:
Rating 7/10
Why the Heck? First off, the mountains seem to follow themselves a little too much, although the general shape is quite nice. The path seems a little too straight, but meh. I love the placement of the houses, and the block edits you did on them, quite nice. The tree placement is nice, although seems a little awkward. The map seems quite empty, but whatever.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Map name: Grand Valley
Hack: Pokemon Turquoise
Base ROM: Firered English (BPRE)
Mapshot:

(click)
Notes: The map is pretty difficult for your second route, so there is a psychic who heals you in front of the cave entrance. And, you come from the left.
Credits: Saurav, rhevarhe_duh for tiles

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Map name: Grand Valley
Hack: Pokemon Turquoise
Base ROM: Firered English (BPRE)
Mapshot:

(click)
Notes: The map is pretty difficult for your second route, so there is a psychic who heals you in front of the cave entrance. And, you come from the left.
Credits: Saurav, rhevarhe_duh for tiles

I think it's time to rate another map!

Rating:
Spoiler:

Why?:
Spoiler:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I think it's time to rate another map!

Rating:
Spoiler:

Why?:
Spoiler:
Nope. You can't see the trees, because it's +5 up and down, and +7 left/right. And the border is mountain.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Map name:Stent Road
Hack name-???(Secret shh)
Mapshot-
Spoiler:

Comments: The starting map i know the tile errors don't worry like the water and the "hotel"...I think that the flower in the bush seems a bit pointless but enough self critism what do you think?
Made by Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back