• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'm this town's gym leader and I'm also a model

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
AND ALSO A MODEL BECAUSE THAT IS TOTALLY RELEVANT TO THE CURRENT SITUATION KTHX

Really, Elesa cracked me up with that. It was kind of disappointing, actually, because she was #1 on the list of characters I wanted to meet.

I remember a very philosophical preschooler near the daycare on Route 3, though I can't actually recall what he said. :( It was pretty deep for a toddler, at least.

Also when the gym caretaker asks for a cut of your winnings in exchange for all the Fresh Water he gave you. I didn't think he was serious for a moment, but it was still funny.

Oh, and Marvellous Bridge, of course. Dear Lord.

Years
Two bits really inspired me....
The city were Elesa reigns (Nimbasa? I think...) Where Biana gets scolded by her dad. She was saying something about how he worries about all the bad people she may encounter, but she mentions all the great people too. I really related since my parents are so overprotective.

Another was something a Plasma grunt said. It was like, "I don't accept any views different from my own!" I liked it cause it's teaching kids that only bad guys think like that, and you should be accepting :))

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
"She's only a model."
"Shhh!"

And thus ends this thread's obligatory Holy Grail reference.

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
A trainer somewhere in Twist Mountain said "I'm the second best trainer in this mountain" (or something close to that) before you battle him.

There was some preschooler in route 3, "Go, Hyper Beam!" Well something along those lines. I kinda liked that kid. :')
lol I remember him. He was next to the slide right to the left of the Daycare.

Skapocalypse

Im back! :3
Years
Another good Battle Subway one was the preschooler that says "A hero never dies" when he loses. It threw me off...that's deep, kid.

I think he is the reincarnate of a super duper good trainer. (Or Red from Silver/Gold)

I would've loved a Fallout reference though....

"Pokemon, Pokemon never changes....."

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
"Truly marvelous, and also a bridge." and "Plasbad!" have been mentioned, but...

I was battling through Celetial Tower, and came across a lady who said "Battle with me, I have a strong Pokemon!" So I defeated her, of course, and then she said...

"Oh that's right, that Pokemon is no longer with me."

It just about broke my heart. ;-;

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Oh, so there's some kid in a house and another one on Route 2 (i think?) who says something about something then goes "I know that!"
I'm reading Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and that's what the kid who's narrating the book says. My geek spheres are touching each other, weird O_o (book geek and game geek)

Years
Skyla's entire speech at Tower of Heaven, it just had me loling the whole time telling her to shut up. I swear she's into the boy trainer u start with in that case me.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I also know it's not a line in the game but the fact that it actuly shows plasma members kicking Muna. Sure Team Rocket did bad things, like alledegly killing a marowak, but they never shown pokemon abuse like they did in this game. In a way it's brutal, and I got a kick out of it.
...allegedly? One of the NPCs in Lavender says they even saw the Rockets kill Marowak. Who else would have done it, the rival? ...OK, he might have done it...

That biker guy from Driftveil is my bro.

He is a heartbreaker... His name is Charles...
I don't know why, but I have a feeling he's going to be a breakout character in the fandom from here on out. He's gonna be like Bruce Ironstaunch or Strong Bad.

"She's only a model."
"Shhh!"

And thus ends this thread's obligatory Holy Grail reference.
Somehow, this needs to end up in the third version.

A trainer somewhere in Twist Mountain said "I'm the second best trainer in this mountain" (or something close to that) before you battle him.
I had a sudden "No More Heroes" moment there. I was like... does that make my Excadrill a beam katana? And then I thought that that was pretty cool.

Skyla's entire speech at Tower of Heaven, it just had me loling the whole time telling her to shut up. I swear she's into the boy trainer u start with in that case me.
Hey, you don't want her, I'll take her.

I agree that the dialogue seems a bit clunky at times- I heard that this is a new translation team, so that might explain it. It's often difficult to write dialogue that sounds natural without constantly thinking it. Despite that, I think this game has an excellent script, and all the characters have distinct voices when I read their lines. Bianca sounds like a teenage girl, Clay's accent is great, and N does genuinely make me believe he's an intelligent, well-meaning guy that just isn't good with people (makes sense given how little human contact he had growing up). I've also noticed lots of NPCs talking about how much they love their Pokemon, and discussing ways that humans and Pokemon benefit each other. It's a good way of showing how Team Plasma's got the wrong idea.

I'm greatly looking foward to the E4 and final battles, since I'm only now at Opelucid in Black. I can't wait to see the endgame conflicts and actually be able to read some text along with it...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love all these quotes jsyk.

Buuut, I just came across something that made me lol:
"Yeah. The world is connected."

From some dude in Driftveil. It's like... yeah... you think I don't know that? XD;

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Some of the Battle Subway quotes are laughably awful.

Some Waitress said:
Meow . . . meow meow!
(That sounded stupid, didn't it?)

Roughneck said:
My shiny bald head is my secret.
EDIT: And afterwards:
Roughneck said:
You should have a shiny bald head to be stronger.

Baker said:
My Pokemon are on the rise! I raised them with special yeast bread!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like this line from the Team Plasma grunts: "This is bad! Badbadbadbadbadbadbadbad! Or Plasbad for short!" I also find them screaming out "Plasmaaaaaa!" when they're defeated hilarious.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Yes, I do, Idk if anybody has said this, or maybe you quite enjoy it. But from what i think is a line that i could live without it would have to be this line..

"Professor Juniper word's echoed.. TRAINER! There's a time and place for everything! But not now."

Idk.. Lol i know that im pressing the wrong item! why does it have to just insult me?! lol only joking.. but im sure you get my point.

dddddddddddddddddddde.png

The picture made me LOL the most xD

I've only liked the "Plasbad" comment and the Undella Bay swimmer girl that said I must only be here to see Cynthia in a bathing suit. She later said Cynthia only swims when noone is around.

Personally, I just like some of the Pokedex entries.

Damn. I was gonna put that one :/ It made me go WTF? though, because I was playing the female character, it would only really make sense if you were playing as the dude? :L

Also Ghestisis' whole speech about how N is heartless :( It made me feel for the guy! What a meanie! :(

For the most part, I notice that most of the spellings are American and as a total spelling Nazi, and being from across the pond, this irritates me xD

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i would have to say the things people say on the ferris wheel. its just O.o

i like elesa's line about being a model its just like she had to throw that in. ^_^ and it made me laugh

Years
Pretty much ANYTHING anyone says to you on the Ferris Wheel is hilarious if you have a perverted enough mind.

Oh, yeah, and the Marvelous Bridge. "It's marvelous.....and also a brige! XD

Yeah, my boyfriend has the male character...and I overheard him reading it aloud and being like "wtf is this woman telling me? She's inching over to sit closer to me." For me, she says funny stuff like, "so he said he liked me...blah blah turns out it was a lie!" Maybe she's talking about the male character lol.

I loved the Marvelous bridge sign. I thought it was supposed to be a joke. A lot of the random stuff people have said about different ideas is interesting. Some random hiker guy was like "people in different cities can have such different ideas about things! It makes life interesting."

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2012
I thought the Marvelous Bridge one was an allusion to internet memes where people would be like "YEAH IT'S AWESOME MAN" "AND IT'S A FISH"

or something stupid like that.

but I laughed nontheless.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
I have a boy character, then N suddenly pops out saying "Let's ride the ferriswheel".. O.o

hell its awkward whenever i think about it...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Oh. But I did find it funny that Bianca was everyone's bodyguard.

And yet, she's suprisingly weak.
Anyways, I feel like sometimes, I would like
to hit N right in the face.

I was like, "SHUT UP ALREADY! You're blocking the way!
I don't care about your schemes, as long
as you block me, I have to smash you to bits!"

For the most part, I notice that most of the spellings are American and as a total spelling Nazi, and being from across the pond, this irritates me xD

Are you playing the US version or EUR version?
And is it really THAT irritating that the B/W had American
spellings even though it's the EUR version?

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
Years
Anyway, back on B/W topic... Cheren has some weird lines sometimes. "My goal is to defeat all of the Gym Leaders and then the Champion... then maybe people will admit that I am a strong trainer."

He's only in it for the fame. :/
I know! I loved him before cause he healed my pokemon and gave me pokeballs (lol) but then I lost all respect for him at that moment >:C

Over by the Marvelous Bridge there is a sign that (if I remember correctly) reads:
"Truly marvelous, and also a bridge."
This isn't really a character, but it was one of the few lines in the entire series that made me laugh.
I REMEMBER THAT! HAHAHAHAHAH!

... to Elesa's very inspiring line about being a model.
Wow.... I can't believe I did NOT notice the model line.. now that you pointed it out, it's really funny :P

I have a boy character, then N suddenly pops out saying "Let's ride the ferriswheel".. O.o

hell its awkward whenever i think about it...
It's awkward either way. lol

Last edited:
Back