• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Gym Leader?

Favourite Gym Leader?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Okay, so we have a "most annoying Gym Leader" thread, right?
    Well, here's one that's a little more positive:

Which Gym Leader is your favourite?

It could be for any reason; Anime appearances (Although that belongs in Anime really), their choice of pokémon, their appearance, participation in your adventure outside of their gym...anything. It's multiple choice as you can choose for both FireRed and LeafGreen and Ruby and Sapphire or Emerald.

Oh, and Tate and Liza are considered one entity, as they are only battleable and spoken with as a pair.

Favourite Gym Leader?

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Saying I like Wallace would be an understatement. Not only does he use one of my favourite pokemon (Milotic) but I dont think there had been a gym leader quite as debonair or graceful as Wallace. I probably sound like I'm gushing now but his dialogue in the game and manga just makes him appear to be quite respectable.

I also want to throw in that I forgot to vote for Erika too, she's so polite and elegant, plus if I were a gym leader, I would want mine to be filled with female trainers like her own is.

In short, I really like the courtley leaders.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • FRLG: Sabrina. idk why. I just like her.

RSE: Winona. ...idek with her either. I guess I just like 6th gym leaders.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Well, I might as well answer my own question...

Fr/Lg: Blaine. I like them all uniquely, and while Giovanni's the best, I don't like him as much. His Hg/Ss team is better. Blaine has good choice in pokémon - Arcanine, Rapidash (which I've never used, but often intended to) and possibly Ninetales? I'm not sure about Ninetales, but he should do if he doesn't have one. His appearance in the manga makes him pretty awesome, what with Mewtwo and saving Red a lot and teaming up with Entei. So...yeah. Blaine all the way.

R/S/E: It's a tie between Brawly and Flannery. Both use some pretty cool pokémon, i.e. Makuhita and Hitmontop, Torkoal and Camerupt. Brawly's a kinda cool surfer dude and Flannery has a nice rack.They both appear fairly good in the manga too. Looking at the poll, I should've given Brawly some love, but Flannery got my vote.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • In R/S/E, my favourite gym leader is probably Winona. Mainly because I like travelling to Fortree City :D As for FR/LG, it has to be Erica! Mostly because I like the idea of the gym she portrays and her grass types are pretty cool.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Since there isn't any Ghost type gym leaders up there I'm going to have to go with my second favorite type which is Poison. Although Ericka is a Poison/Grass type gym leader, it is not enough so I'm going to have to go with Koga

:t354:TG

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • Favourite to fight was Tate and Liza, they were interesting (DOUBLE BATTLE FTW)
    I liked the concept of Norman being your dad too, tbh, Hoenn had the best concepts of all the pokegames imo

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Lt.Surge is my favorite 'cause he's electrifying and I love electric-type Pokemon, so he's my favorite.
    Did you see what I did there with "electrifying"? :P

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I chose Giovanni :P The wicked of the wicked ! A gym leader at the top of the evil Team Rocket, what else?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    FR/LG: Erika. Mainly because of Pokemon Special, though. Blaine is cool too.

R/S/E: Winona. I always loved her team, and she was part of the reason why I love Altaria so much. Wallace would be a close second.

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
    Years
  • I've always liked Tate and Liza, simply because it was a 2-on-2 battle. The first time I played Ruby, it took me by total surprise. Not to mention my first two pokemon out were Blaziken and Hariayma, so it goes without saying my first two got pummeled.

Years
  • Voted Erika, Sabrina, Roxanne, and Norman. :) I just really like the serene feel of their gyms.

I always felt that Tate and Liza were cheating. The U.S. doesn't have two Presidents, does it? They're starting to grow on me, though.

Years
  • Erika, Sabrina and Flannery. My favorite is Sabrina, since I've watched the anime and saw her ^_^ Psychic pokes and powers, yay xD And she uses a whip in the first games, right? xD Erika has the best sprites that I remember, and Flannery... well, just to pick one from Houen xP

Back