• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave / Absence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[T]ouko

Dedicated Scripter!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
Hello one and all! Some of you might not know me, or even remember me, but I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, things happened that involve personal problems, family problems, school, and life that once combined with a healthy dose of reality caused me to have an absolute freak-out the likes of which ALMOST made me go insane. Other than that, I'm my normal self and ready to once again be an active member here. :3

Oh, and regards to training, battling, and my item store, I apologize but my DSi busted several months back. I just haven't been able to afford a new one... Heh.

Welcome back =)

Seems weird for me to say that, since I have less posts, and I'm the newer one :P

Sad that your DSi busted :( Good luck with that

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
I'm leaving the forums please delete my account and the 4 posts I made would be much appreciated. noone responds to my posts so i'm not worried about it. gooday!!!

Soari

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2015
As I am sure my name is of no significance to many of you, its about time that I have made the decision to leave this forum for various reasons. I am kind of surprised that I managed to stay here for over 5 years and though, I didn't post much in the last few years except for 2006-2008. I kept coming back because of my friends here. However, as time passed by, I started to see shift in the atmosphere. Many of my closest friends left, some didn't bother to talk and some became distant. Despite of that, I just moved on and carried out my activity here. To be honest, I liked how PC was used to be back when I first joined. I enjoyed reading the posts and seeing the interactions between members. I liked how friendly the community was back in those days. Now it just doesn't feel like that anymore, no offense to PC. I feel really intimidated to talk to members especially the staff because of the fear of being ignored. Besides, I've met great people over the last year that I will be ever grateful for and I really appreciate their company.

Apart from that, my school is going to start pretty soon and I will be sophomore this year. I've a lot of expectations this time. I still have the chance to pull my grades up. For that, I've to minimize my time on the internet since my parents whine at me for wasting my precious time and not doing anything useful. I guess they are right. I should start focusing more on studies and do productive things because I have this whole future ahead of me. Before I end this whole rant, I would like to say that this community is special to me. It has changed and shaped me in more than one ways and it will never be forgotten. I am really glad to have developed friendships here that includes almost all of them who are in my friend list. I will miss each of them especially the closest ones: Fireheart, ~kawaii~, Piplup_trainer, Galuksy, WonderGirl, Twilight Sky, Hassan_Abdillah, Fire Star, o3o and many others (Sorry if I've missed out anyone). I am not sure if I should come back here or not but I will at least try to stay in touch with my loved ones. Also, a big thanks goes to the Moderators and Admins for all the hard work they've put into the forums to help make it a better place and to the people who have been a good friend to me. I want to apologize if I ever caused any trouble in this forum. I know I was a spam bot in the past. >> Anyway, my time here is overdue and I bid you all farewell, for now.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I'm leaving the forums please delete my account and the 4 posts I made would be much appreciated. noone responds to my posts so i'm not worried about it. gooday!!!
We don't delete accounts. Sorry you feel your posts were ignored, but you really can't expect a large community like this to cater to your every post. You've got to build up relationships and get to know the other members. You're going to find a lot of the same with every large forum you try, unfortunately.

Aaaaand bye Soari! ;; I don't think we ever got much of a chance or any to get to know each other, but you were always a presence I noticed around here. It's actually pretty sad to see you go. Good luck with everything that you do, and remember that you've always got a home here at PC if you ever decide to return. Yeah, it's changed since '08 for sure... but some of us are still around, and we strive to make the place the best it can be and move forward.

See ya when we see ya. :]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
School's coming up tomorrow actually., and I'm going to get back in touch with the real world. Shocking, isn't it? I'm going to be focusing on school work more because this year is when it counts. Not that other ones don't count, this one more so. So, back to my point, I'll be on and off, won't be nearly as active as before, but I'll pop in and out once in a while.

Years
I'm leaving again because one of my best threads regarding a suggestion for my Pokemon Black in-game team got shut down and I'll have to start the topic up elsewhere. I won't be back until October, when I eventually get my game. Also, my data problem with home internet has flared up again.

So, bye from me until later in the year!

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Well, you may not know me, but I am leaving the PC. I believe that there is a calling out there for me, and that this calling is not RPing Pokemon on the internet. Thanks to all the users here that I was able to meet, all the moderators who work hard to make the site the best it can be, and anyone that makes an impact on the PC Forums, you all make this place this place fun and interesting. See you on the far side.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I'm not around with this account for that long yet but I thought I'd just mention. I'm gonna go away for a week tomorrow. I'm not sure if there is internet to the place I'm going, but if there is, I'll see if I can access it daily and then I'll edit/delete my post.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024

Ok, well I think I'm properly leaving now. Somehow I managed to log on for the first time this month two days ago, on the 2nd anniversary of this account's creation, which was kinda neat.

But really, I just don't have the same desire to log on and post any more, and I've actually got a job, so I'm going to be busy too, and wouldn't have time to log on if I wanted.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the connection between me and PC has timed out, and if it didn't my brain would have a server error :P

So, goodbye!

Years
With effect from 12 September 2011 0000 GMT+8, I would be on a long hiatus from the whole Internet, that means PokeCommunity too. I've major exams and so I would have little time to go on the computer. My hiatus would officially on 2th October. Au revoir, PC and all. Nous nous reverrons.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I'm leaving because I've been told to delete my account, so I'm going to listen. I don't want to cause anyone any pain.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I'll be taking what is probably going to be a relatively long leave of absence from the forums. Recently I've had absolutely no time for trading (one of my main reasons for being here) and my time to read and post has been steadily diminishing. Normally I wouldn't bother to post here, but I feel that if I do, it will stop me from coming back too soon :P . Anyway, I'll probably be back (and hopefully more active and social) around the holidays, so see you later PC!
363.png

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hey I've been at PC for over 7 years and I don't think I'll be gone forever since I have fond memories of this place and will miss many people here (it would be hard to part entirely,) so I will say that I'm going to be taking another extended leave of absence. I may only come back to check on the Drawover/ Paintover thread to help people out and check any PMs during that time.

Came back for a week to ask for help in my Pokemon game and decided to take the time to go around and post a bit again. I have no tolerance for people who indulge in disrespecting or putting down others, and get frustrated by it easily- and I've been seeing it (and experiencing it) often already in my short time of being back. I just don't think it's worth it to be in an environment like that.. and I don't want this forum to bring out the worst in me, but that's what it's been doing. It's terrible because I don't think I seem like the charming person on here that others claim I am elsewhere and I definitely don't want to continue down that route; I want to better myself. A shame because there are many lovely people here, but they know where to find me if they want to keep in touch.

To whoever is reading and will miss me, I hope you understand.

And to everyone.. PEACE!!

EDIT: Going to TRY and give this place a bit of a chance by blatantly ignoring any snarkyness towards me or other members for now.. but we'll see how that goes...

Last edited:

Perfection

I'll Miss PC.
Years
I'm not going to be online in a while. Around, let's say, a month or two? My family's going on a vacation trip. I hope all my friends see this! Also, my shop should be closing... :(

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
I will be out about two weeks. A new project in my company will occupy all my time, hopefully, return on Halloween. Until then, be strong comrades.

Years
I'm leaving for a good long while and this is why.

duty_calls.png

The one off-panel is university work and other responsibilities. The one at the computer is me.

Much as I feel the urge to, I can't carry on arguing about things no matter how important I think they are... not without letting me and my friends down.

So to avoid the temptation, I'm staying away from the whole site for at least a few months. See ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back