• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a journal/diary?

Ayselipera

I've tried and it always only lasts a day. I hate to write so that's probably a huge factor as to why I can't keep interested in it. I once kept a dream journal though for about a week because I used to have very intense/vivid dreams, but I even got bored of that.

Years
    I don't no.
    I never liked the idea of writing down my feelings in a book that someone could just pick up and read if I misplaced it.

I keep my feelings to myself, normally, and not written down.​

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    I dont have a diary or journal and havent kept one before either.
    I have been told before that I should try to keep one to express my feelings and emotion but oh we'll!

Plus what if people read what I wrote down in my diary and used it against me I would probably die!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I have a diary, but I use it more as a retro-active day planner lol. I basically write exactly what I did that day. More often than not it just has things written in it like "work 12:45-9:15". But I don't write it ahead of time, I write it after the fact as sort of a record of what I did. But as for a real diary that you keep your thoughts and feelings in, no. I don't find my own feelings interesting enough to record :P

It's more just so that I can say "oh, this day last year i did this!" and track things like how many times a year I go to the movies.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No. I just don't care to, and I know myself well enough that it wouldn't benefit me on any emotional terms.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Oh, dear diaries. I used to keep a diary but it didn't go well. Now I keep a blog and I update it daily. What do I write to my blog exactly? It really depends.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I used to when I was 10, but I completely forgot about. I never have time to write down what I did in a day or have no need to record my emotions. I don't do anything really interesting, so why bother with a journal/diary anyway.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My PC blog is the closest thing, and even then, my posts there hardly resemble what an actual diary would be like. In fact, I'd say my posts in "Dear Anonymous" are closer to a "diary" than my blog is since that's where I list most of my IRL personal problems and frustrations.

I tried keeping a diary back in third or fourth grade. My entries were maybe two sentences long at most and I grew bored of it in about a week.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I used to keep a journal for every year of high school. I threw them out because it has so many dark moments that I'd rather just let them go. So right now I stick to an external blog, and PC blog for now, but both are rarely used. lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I thought about maybe considering entertaining the possibility of starting a diary/journal... but then thought about all the effort that would be needed to write down the boring-ass events of my day, as well as my boring-ass feelings towards those events. God, if I'd actually kept a diary, reading it back today would have been less interesting than watching a room full of white paint drying.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I had a diary when I was a kid. I really wish I could find it! I believe I wrote (not often) about my school day. I wrote what I got for birthdays and holidays. I'm sure I had a poem or two in it...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I don't have a diary or journal. I tried using LJ for a while, but that didn't go anywhere. I've entertained the thought of blogging but my life is so boring that I wouldn't really have anything interesting to say, haha.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I tend to occasionally write something on livejournal, but that's about it. No one else reads it, and it's mostly just used to write things out when I'm in a tough situation.

Now, I'm considering blogging a bit. My life should be more interesting from here on out (more enjoyable anyways). I just feel I'm too boring and that no one cares. So, I dunno.

I don't actively write anything in a journal, no.

Jek

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 17, 2012
    No, at least not recently. In high school, our English teacher used to force us to write journals and we had to submit the journal for evaluation at the end of each trimester. I didn't really like the idea of writing something personal then submitting it my teacher.

Back