• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Damn that thing is broken....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sometimes in games you get a really powerful character/item/something as a reward for completeing some really hard challenge. Sometimes the devs make something really OP and give it to you early in the game (often as an oversight). Other times, something that starts off non-broken can become broken later in the game.

So guys, what really OP/broken thing have you ever used/seen while gaming?

TY

Oracles, Oracles and even more Oracles (StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm)

They were already broken in the sense of being capable of shredding worker lines into ashes in seconds of time, but Blizzard kept buffing them more and more and now they can escape much faster than normal, making them horrifically OP in the early game.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • -Über Falcon Blade (Dragon Quest IX) - This was pretty busted. With Falcon Slash, you'd be attacking 4 times, doing some insane damage.

-Anti-Materiel Rifle (Fallout: New Vegas) - While sneaking, this thing would pretty much kill anything with 1 hit.

-RYNO (Ratchet and Clank) - Wow. The gun costs an insane amount, but what you get is by far the most broken gun in the game. Cheap ammo, deadly power, and consistent usefulness.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - HELLO SIGURD. Main character of Part 1 and he will wreck everybody that isn't his ally. Sure, he's does have a weakness to magic, but then he gets Tyrfing, which will make Sigurd the win button.

Final Fantasy 8 - Once you get Lionheart for Squall, the game becomes a joke.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    This guy from Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo
    akuma-cvs-stance.gif

These guys from Advance Wars
    hachi.png
    grit.png
    colin.png

This guy from Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
    Seth_Lance_Animation.gif

This guys from Marvel vs Capcom 2
    sentinal-entrance1.gif

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • RYNOCIRATOR from Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal. Like previously mentioned, the RYNO series of guns are always super expensive. They make up for it with their insane power and relatively cheap ammo. But when you upgrade the RY3NO into this thing, all challenge is immediately destroyed. It's an instakill on nearly every enemy in the game (barring the bosses), and it turns things like the Qwarktastic battle into a cake walk.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Super Sonic in Sonic R. You have to 100% complete the game (which can only take 20 minutes) but holy crap he just blazes through everything.

Also the RYNO, as mentioned above.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    X Accuracy (or whatever it's called) in Gen. 1. Gets pretty broken when your X Accuracy'd Nidoking is annihilating everything not named Gengar with Horn Drill.

At least that's how I hear them speedrunners are doing it.

Years
  • Donnel of Fire Emblem Awakening... with His Glorious Tinpot Helmet, once He is promoted from lowly Villager to either a blood-thirsty Mercenary or a war-mongering Fighter, He plows through enemies like nobody's business and tanks the hits of plebeian enemies like a Great Wall of China.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • RYNOCIRATOR from Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal. Like previously mentioned, the RYNO series of guns are always super expensive. They make up for it with their insane power and relatively cheap ammo. But when you upgrade the RY3NO into this thing, all challenge is immediately destroyed. It's an instakill on nearly every enemy in the game (barring the bosses), and it turns things like the Qwarktastic battle into a cake walk.
    This is why you don't let Gadgetron become a thing in the future...I don't want the general public with mini nukes for pistols walking about.

Super Sonic in Sonic R. You have to 100% complete the game (which can only take 20 minutes) but holy crap he just blazes through everything.

Also the RYNO, as mentioned above.
    SS is broken...just imagine trying to catch him with that Tails Doll... :<
    3fast5me

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Grinding?
    Overgrinding is the most broken thing =D

Anyways, I found something like this in Ni no Kuni. You catch familiars (similar to Pokemon) and there's a dinosaur-like familiar whose third form has level cap of 28 (while the others have level cap of 99) but even on level 1 is more powerful than your 3rd form starter on level 50.
    That's what I call broken =D

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Umm.. I guess the Psychic Type in Pokemon's Gen 1 was pretty broken: With no real weaknesses and the Special stat combined the few psychic types were monsters {XD}

I've discovered Spyro's Double Jump trick in Spyro 2 and basically it lets you go WHEREVER you want to, provided you do it right. It's not so much an ability as it is a glitch/programming fault, but it is pretty awesome :)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Lucario in Pokemon B/W 2. You can get a Rilou near the start of the game, and his movepool can let him sweep the entire E4.

Fallout New Vegas - The laser rifle, fully modded. And with how dumb the AI is for some creatures, mines (Deathclaw, Im lookin at you.)

Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Twin Sabers with the Infinite Storm photon art.

Gundam VS Gundam Next+ - Kamille's Gundam MK II. It is a 1k cost unit - Lowest cost in the game. And it can easily destroy all other 1k units, most 2k's, and a couple of the 3k units. Oh and, if 'dies' when it's no longer able to respawn? Well, it comes right back - minus a arm - to fight some more.

Heavy Gear II - With it's customization system, you can make any of the mech's OP. Sheer numbers though, giving a mech a Panzerfaust and maxing the ammo will boost its threat ranking right through the roof. The customization system works both ways though - While you can make any of the mechs OP, you can also completely screw them. (Light, close range only weapons? Check. Only a shot worth of ammo? Check. Low armor, sensors, speed, and manuverability? Check. Stripped armor, bad sensors, a screwed fire control system, ammo containment that frequently blows up for no reason, and legs so bad that they will break on a dime? Check. Yeah, with the system you can make a mech that will go boom from a single shot.)

Front Mission Evolved - Some of the unlocked at the beginning of the game DLC weapons are as strong as the original end game weapons. That said though, anything that you can mount dual gattling cannons to will be op.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think God of War does this. Unless you play on the hardest difficulty, the game can get too easy imo. It's just too easy to level up for the most part. Also, the invincibility tail suit we were allowed to have in Super Mario Land 3D for 3Ds as well as the Fire Flower in New Super Mario Bros. made the games way too easy.

TY

Prism Tank (Red Alert 2)
    The only thing it doesnt have is AA capabilities, or else this unit would really be broken. It has a massive range, outranging all base defences but the French Grand Cannon and it deals so much damage to everything. Their weak armor is nothing cause in a pack they just melt tanks before they even reach them.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • To anyone who played the first Plants vs. Zombies, the Cattail:
    Cat-tail.png

Fired shots into any lane with the strength of a Repeater, the shots homed, and they could hit flying targets. It made all of the pool levels lolezmode.

Years
  • Grinding?
    Overgrinding is the most broken thing =D

Anyways, I found something like this in Ni no Kuni. You catch familiars (similar to Pokemon) and there's a dinosaur-like familiar whose third form has level cap of 28 (while the others have level cap of 99) but even on level 1 is more powerful than your 3rd form starter on level 50.
    That's what I call broken =D

This, completely. And unfortunately I do partake in over grinding quite a bit .___. At the end of Pokemon X I was 20 levels above what I should have been...I've never really taken grinding as a method of ruining the game entirely, but it does affect the difficulty level quite a bit. Nevertheless, I still enjoy them :)

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Morrowind Editor software that came with the game :p

Seriously I made some silly OP stuff (including a ring that fired a fireball that could envelope an entire city with a silly amount of damage on it).

Without the editor there was an amulet in the game that some NPC dropped that basically made you 60% invisible (even while you did stuff) when you used it for like 60 seconds. It was almost impossible for the AI to spot you. I could walk up to someone and beat them with a sword and they wouldn't attack since they couldn't see me....

Back