• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Franchises You've Never Really Gotten Into

Years
  • Most of the major Nintendo franchises (sans Pokemon) have fallen under this category for me, since I've never owned any of the Nintendo home consoles to this day. I even own a limited edition gold Zelda DS Lite, but haven't played any of the games in the series for anymore than 5 or 10 minutes.

Another one is that I hate first person games (not just first person shooters, but any first person game in general). Two major non-FPS games that come to mind include Minecraft and The Elder Scrolls, even though I know both of those can include third-person options. Something about a first-person camera seems so unnatural to me, especially when your character is performing actions with their floating arms.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Not counting franchises from the Playstation or Xbox (since I don't own any of those other than a PS2 and PSP), I never really got into Dragon Quest. Everyone talks so highly of it, but I'm just not down with that art.

#TotallyJudgingThatBookByTheCover

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I never did get into Legend of Zelda. I keep thinking I should pick it up, but I just never do. The only game I have played of that series is Twilight Princess, and I really enjoyed it, so maybe I should... eventually.

Years
  • League of Legends. A good portion of my friends play League and are already too good to invest time in helping me ;__; That and I'm more of a MMORPG fan than a MOBA. Devil May Cry, Super Smash Bros., and pretty much all those other fighting games are not the type of genre I would play continuously. Basically the only major franchises that I'm interested in are: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I never got into MMORPG and FPS franchises, so things like WoW and Call of Duty aren't something you'd see me playing. I did, however, enjoy the Halo franchise up until Halo III, but that was mainly for plot, not for gameplay. I also like Bioshock, but I haven't played anything past the first.

I also never got into Metroid, but that's mainly because I'm 90% sure I would be terrible at it...but I'm terrible with almost every game I touch, so...there's that. Never got into Sonic. I have the first game downloaded on my Wii, but I'm terrible. The fanbase for it is really...strange too. Except for Lilith. Sonic fan of the year tbh.

Thankfully, I'm now getting into the games I missed out as a kid. I had a GameCube in favor of a PS2, and I got my PS2 in 09, and now I'm working on my library of games for it. So I've recently gotten into Jak and Daxter (obviously...and playing favorites with it hehehe), Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper.

I never really got into the Sly Cooper series because I feel like there is a small rivalry between Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank and I have always been on "Team Ratchet" I guess.

Really? That's interesting. They're not really similar, though. I've already beaten Sly Cooper, and I'm not far into R&C, but from what I've played, I wouldn't relate the two at all. If anything, Ratchet and Clank seems more similar to Jak and Daxter.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Animal Crossing, I know so many people that play this game, I bought one just because I kept hearing all about it and how fun it would be but I ended up hating it and barely touched it, I didn't really find myself drawn into it at all.

Zelda for me is something that everyone tells me is amazing but I have played a few and only ever ended up completing the Latest one, they were alright games but I just didn't like the feel of them personally.

Finally Halo, I had heard so much good things about this game so when I first got an xbox I picked it up straight away and... returned it the very next day. I hated the playstyle, the multiplayer, the story, I litterally couldn't find a single thing about the game that i could honestly say I enjoyed, it wasn't the sort of game I enjoy. I don't mind some games set in space and such but for me this was totally not what I expected from the game.

Years
  • Well.. a lot of things. Mario, Zelda (though I'm trying to remedy that and have purchased the newest 3DS game), Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts (trying to remedy as well as I got KH DDD), any shooter game because blech, fighting games because blech, and many more. I'm very, very out of the game loop. ;<

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Daaaamn at all the Zelda mentions here.
    Well.. a lot of things. Mario, Zelda (though I'm trying to remedy that and have purchased the newest 3DS game), Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts (trying to remedy as well as I got KH DDD), any shooter game because blech, fighting games because blech, and many more. I'm very, very out of the game loop. ;<
    Dead to me.
    Game Franchises You've Never Really Gotten Into

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel strong indifference to most Mario platformers. The only non rpg Mario game I have fond memories of is Super Mario Sunshine.

I'm starting to head this way with Legend of Zelda games too actually, the last Zelda game I got was Skyward Sword but I don't think I came anywhere close to finishing it....I ended up rage quitting at that Spirit hide & seek game.

Metroid and Starfox don't really appeal to me either (although I haven't played games in the series apart from the metroid ambassador game) Also games like Halo or Call of Duty have never appealed to me.

Also most fighting games (apart from Smash Bros) although I enjoyed Soul Calibur 2 I never played another game in the series. It was a sad 3ds launch day when the most interesting game was Street Fighter 4.....

Professor Layton would be another, I got the first two games and they were alright....I realised that I never got anything from the second game that was different to the first....so I haven't bothered since.

Edit: I feel so indifferent to the Donkey Kong games that I forget to mention them.

Last edited:

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Well quite a few actually, like Diablo. Probably because it just seems very repetitive and it doesn't really change at all throughout the rest of the series.
    I liked Halo very much but it just gets a little old. I mean the gameplay is awesome with the coop and all, but jut like COD I never really got around to playing it for longer that 15 minutes or so.

Legend of Zelda. I love the game and everything, the story, the gameplay, the characters, but sometimes I just get stuck at one point and have no clue what to do anymore, and since I am not the type of person to actually look up a walkthrough nor am I smart enough to figure it out on my own, I just give up completely.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, I'll just list em.

- Mario (strange, isn't it, since I like virtually every other Nintendo series.)
    - CoD or Medal of Honor
    - Final Fantasy
    - Halo
    - Devil May Cry
    - Silent Hill
    - Lots of other FPS game series
    - Animal Crossing.

Come to think of it, I'm mainly just not an FPS kinda person.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • There are a lot of games that I haven't gotten into some like Mario, Halo, Assasins Creed, Dead Rising, Digimon, Tomb Raider, Call Of Duty, Simcity, and a lot more games that I couldn't remember. xD

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Hmmm... there are quite a few:

• GTA
    • Halo
    • Pokemon (I play them, but after I beat it, I lose immediate interest, it's why I skipped the last series, XY will probably be the last I play until - if ever - they bring out a console game)
    • Call of Duty (OG MW was great, after that it got really dumb and repeatitive really quick)
    • Mario (I've only played the OG, SMB3 and Mario 64)
    • Sims
    • Final Fantasy (only played 7 and 10 - beat neither)
    • Kingdom Hearts (don't understand the allure)
    • Uncharted
    • Half-Life
    • Bioshock

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Most of them I gave them a shot and the interest didn't just hold. Many of them I don't understand the fanatical love for them (bioshock, half life, kingdom hearts) and probably never will. Just weren't my kind of game I guess.

Back