• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3… 2… 1…

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We've all played racing games before, at one point or another. Out of the ones you've played, which would be your most favorite and why? Which racing game have you played recently, and did you enjoy it? What console was it for? What are your overall opinions on the racing genre?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • This might not be the title as its been quite awhile since I've played it. But Sims Racing for the Wii. Little cartoony munchkins in a Mario Kart esque type of a game.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
  • The Need for Speed series (literally every game) and all Gran Turismo games.
    They're all amazing IMO. I do love the first Forza, I bought it when it first came out for Xbox. I can't say the same about the others though since I haven't played any of them.

Years
  • I had Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 for the PS2. I played the crap out of that game and had a ton of fun with it.

And there are obviously the Mario Kart games too, which are obligatory mentions. :P

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • The Need for Speed series is definitely my top pick for a racing game. Other than that, Gran Turismo, Burnout (particularly 3: Takedown, that game is amaze. <3) and Mario Kart.

Years
  • Has to be Mario Kart, no questions asked. The only other racing series I've played is Burnout, which was pretty nice, but for me you can't beat racing over giant rainbows as moustachioed Italian plumbers and weird turtle monsters.

TY

I just like the older racing games like Need for Speed Underground and Midnight Club 3. I love the ones where you can customize your car and that may be the reason i never got into the newer racing games.

Years
  • I've played Need for Speed and Double Dash on the GC along with a couple games from the Midnight Club series for PlayStation. Most recent is Los Angeles from the latter series. Favourite would be Need for Speed, I forgot which one it was, but customizing the cars and the car models they included were really nice. I haven't invested too much time into trying to get back into racing games because now I can actually drive XD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Burnout 3 and sooner, After that the games got pretty bad and didn't feel the same. Paradise was good, but didn't have the same fun feel as the other games did.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed Underground 2, Need For Speed Carbon, Mario Kart series and Burnout Revenge.

All those are my favorite racing games^^

Years
  • MotoRacer was and is brilliant fun on a PC with a joystick. Far and away my favorite.

The Mario Kart series is a close second, the Burnout series third, and then various other games fall in place after it in no particular order, at least of the ones I've played.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Mario Kart and Diddy Kong racing of course! Now real racing games.
    Probably Burnout. I got that game early and it was awesome when it first came out.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I love the Burnout games, especially Paradise. It's such a shame that that series seems to have been put out to pasture though. Criterion has gone on to work on NFS, which I've yet to play. :/

And obviously Mario Kart is great, etc. I also really like Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. It does some things even better than Mario Kart.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Mario Kart series. Without a doubt, Mario Kart. I grew up with the series, and it still proves to be fun all this time.

However, when it comes to "realistic" racing games, Burnout 3 was amazing and I put a good amount of time into that game. Gran Turismo series, more specifically 4 and 5 was particularly great as well.

Years
  • Mario Kart's all I've gotten into. Super cute visuals and really fun overall, especially in multiplayer. So that's my choice! Though it's also the only racing game I've played as I'm not too into them. xD;;

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Mario Kart one thousand times over. It's (in my opinion) one of the few ongoing racing series that hasn't made a bad title.

F-Zero is also a fantastic series (which i'm surprised no ones even mentioned yet). High speed racing with winding tracks, jumps and loops a long with a kick-ass soundtrack? Yes please.

Finally, Midtown Madness 3 for the original X-BOX. This game was very fun, featuring a lot of varied cars and paint-jobs. It also had a very nice story mode, but to me, the best part of the game was cruise mode. You got to drive around doing whatever you want, including police chases, car soccer, driving through the subway and jumping the river Seine.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • I've never been a big racing game fan and the only one I played consistenly and loved would have to be the Mario Kart series XD

Back