• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A

Years
  • Do you use so-called "cheat codes" that are hidden inside the game? If so, what games did you use them on frequently?

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Back then ot was spiderman on the n64. It then went on to a finding nemo game. After that like two nfs games but it wasn't much, the only drastically changed one was Spiderman

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I used cheat codes all the time in Grand Theft Auto III on the PlayStation 2. I actually had a little piece of paper with a bunch of cheat codes written on it tucked in my game case in front of the instruction manual, too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ABBA.

But anyway, I don't really use any codes. I remember them being a thing, but I never cared for them because I didn't really want to walk through the walls and on the ceiling and such. I just wanted to play the games as they were.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    A few of the games I remember using cheat codes in were: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (to fly), Yu-gi-oh The Falsebound Kingdom (for money), and Phantasy Star Zero (because the drop rates for all the really nice weapons and armor was still as terrible as it was in Phantasy Star Online).

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • The only game that I really used cheat codes in was some Donkey Kong game for the Super Nintendo to get unlimited lives or something. OH! And the Guitar Heros!
    Other than that, I've never liked cheating. I always thought it was kinda worthless and took the fun out of the games.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    When I got a GameBoy Advance I used a lot of them for it like the level select codes. At the beginning of every level a code would pop up and it was your job to right it down because the devs couldn't be bothered making a save system. So basically if you looked up on the internet for the passwords incase you "Oops I forgot, gee where did I put that slice of paper!" and then you're either on the last level or your favorite level. I did this on Finding Nemo, The incredible, Spongebob and some others.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    You can't really use them on newer consoles, I don't think...

the last time I used them was in Twisted Metal Black. That's one franchise that I would hunt for the cheat codes in for god mode and infinite weapons

Last edited:

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Definitely the Grand Theft Auto games. What's more fun than spawning a tank and causing chaos?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to use them a lot when I was a kid, but nowadays, though, not so much. Cheat codes seem to make it easier for you to play games, which, in the end, just take away the fun. These days, only game I use cheat codes on is Grand Theft Auto. Aside from that, though, I try to stay away from them as much as possible. :P

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • I don't really use cheat codes. But the one's I avoid are those that give you things like extra lives (Unless y'know, its bloody Contra or something). They tend to take away a lot of the fun involved with messing up, and dying becomes a mere inconvenience.

But I'm all for cheats that do weird things like turn every car pink or make touching something explode your vehicle.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • IDKFA, IDDQD, anyone?
    Who did not use these 2 codes is not true gamer =D

I also used cheat code for Black Dragons in Heroes of Might and Magic II.

I never cheated in console games (unless Pokemon counts =D)

TY

I only used cheat codes in GTA because... well everyone does that haha.
    Also i used a cheat code in Midnight Club 3 where your car takes no damage, cause i loved seeing my car in one piece :P

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • Cheated in GTA San Andreas just played it for fun cheating for money just to get to the strip club lol.

I also cheated my way in Warcraft III in my first playthrough of it but finished it legit last month Lol.

Also tried using 'tgm' in Skyrim after finishing the game and kept on killing Cicero then loading my save again and kill him again, with fancy fire moves. :3

Years
  • I used to love it when the majority of games had awesome cheat codes. My favourite one was the car jump code in The Simpsons: Hit & Run. You could jump all over the place and break the game... so much fun!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • A few years back when I first played Contra, I did use the Konami Code. I was pretty bad at the game, but not as bad to like die in the first few seconds of an area, but my deaths definitely started to rack in area three and four. The Konami Code was a god send so that I wouldn't have to restart from the beginning again.

So, I will occasionally use the in-game cheats, as long as it's necessary.

Years
  • I've used cheat codes before. Legend of Legaia, if I recall correctly, included individual character moves that become increasingly complex because of the number of buttons you have to press. Also, with Theatrhythm I inputted the codes for the card collection x:

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • I've never used them...I saw what happened to my brother's game after he used a Ganeshark, and the game crashed and the memory card was wiped useless

Back