• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't remember those sprites being in the game, and I'm not really sure what their purpose is. I'm really confused on what this sprite does. Can anyone elaborate on its purpose?

Those are probably room decorations. If you go to a secret base in a-map you find similar sprites.

It was a pain to find, but I finally found a link that wasn't dead. Time to get crackin'

Would it be possible to post the link? I wouldn't mind having a look myself :)

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Can anyone help me with this?
    So I was looking through Pokemon Emerald on Advance Map, and I found this:

f33a294e-78cf-4295-9f18-dc16bc3d0ab8_zpsc76cbbd3.png

Since May is supposed to be there, I figured that the sprite there would dynamically change depending on your gender. But then I saw this:

666e8bcf-b321-4437-b405-71f6676bb44c_zpsb53dde19.png

I don't remember those sprites being in the game, and I'm not really sure what their purpose is. I'm really confused on what this sprite does. Can anyone elaborate on its purpose?

They're really just there to change into someone else. So when you walk in they change to another person or a pokeball or something.

JoeyBaboey

Charmandasaur
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    In Pokemon Firered is there any way to add pokemon without replacing existing ones? Sprites and all?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • Would it be possible to post the link? I wouldn't mind having a look myself :)

I'll do one better and just attach them here myself :P

Included were script dumps for FireRed, Emerald, and Ruby. All three are in the zip below, the raw text docs were too large to attach.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I have a question about the 649 Patch.

Last time I asked about it, the issue was that it wouldn't load right in GBAPGE and would crash it. Turning off the move table hack fixes this, and turning on the tm/hm hack keeps the message about messing with the tm/hm data from popping up.

My problem this time is this:
    Are all the movesets supposed to be screwed up? (don't know why they would, maybe it was for testing reasons or something, dunno). I mean these are ridiculous. Pokémon are learning moves past level 100 and learn like 5 or more at level 0. And pokemon like bulbasaur are wanting to learn humorously illogical moves like fire punch or rolling kick. Or the second move in their learneet(which is in messed up order) tends to be heat ave. And in certain cases, pokemon wanna learn the same move several times.

Is something up with the patch? Did I patch it wrong? Or is it possibly my rom somehow? I'm using the uploaded patch from December 2013, I got it on the 17 from Github I believe. Not sure if that helps but hopefully it does.

Any help is appreciated.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have a question about the 649 Patch.

Last time I asked about it, the issue was that it wouldn't load right in GBAPGE and would crash it. Turning off the move table hack fixes this, and turning on the tm/hm hack keeps the message about messing with the tm/hm data from popping up.

Are all the movesets supposed to be screwed up? (don't know why they would, maybe it was for testing reasons or something, dunno). I mean these are ridiculous. Pokémon are learning moves past level 100 and learn like 5 or more at level 0. And pokemon like bulbasaur are wanting to learn humorously illogical moves like fire punch or rolling kick. Or the second move in their learneet(which is in messed up order) tends to be heat ave. And in certain cases, pokemon wanna learn the same move several times.

Is something up with the patch? Did I patch it wrong? Or is it possibly my rom somehow? I'm using the uploaded patch from December 2013, I got it on the 17 from Github I believe. Not sure if that helps but hopefully it does.

Any help is appreciated.

This is because of the way the move sets are set up,to include the newer moves. To view them correctly, you have to check the move set hack, or else you won't be able to see them. Alternatively, you can go crazy and view the move sets in hex. The way the move sets are arranged are described in Jambo's new move thread in R&D

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So I've been trying to edit the water animation in FR using the tile animation editor by Lu-Ho. After exporting every frame and editing in paint, I imported each .bmp file again and everything seemed okay. Animation played like it should in the preview. However, in-game the tiles turned completely black. I did save before closing the tool, so it's not that.
    Did anyone have this problem before?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    This is because of the way the move sets are set up,to include the newer moves. To view them correctly, you have to check the move set hack, or else you won't be able to see them. Alternatively, you can go crazy and view the move sets in hex. The way the move sets are arranged are described in Jambo's new move thread in R&D

I tried turning on the move table hack but that just causes the program to not load the pokemon editer--which is what I'm trying to load. Having the TM/HM hack and move table hacks off brings up a message about "did you mess with the tm/hm data?" or something like that. Turning on the TM/HM hack alone will bring up the program right but the movesets will be all screwed up like mentioned above. Turning on both will cause the program to not load and will cause a noticeable lag.
    I'll check the thread you mentioned and see if it helps.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • I have a question about the 649 Patch.

Any help is appreciated.

In case you didn't know, that project has been abandoned, however all of its features are being taken out, fixed, and then put into different things. I will shortly be releasing a tool that can expand the number of Pokemon and MrDollSteaks rom base will eventually have all of the moves and abilities. Things like double wild battles and BW exp gain are probably going to become standalone patches with source.

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    In case you didn't know, that project has been abandoned, however all of its features are being take out, fixed, and then put into different things. I will shortly be releasing a tool that can expand the number of Pokemon and MrDollSteaks rom base will eventually have all of the moves and abilities. Things like double wild battles and BW exp gain are probably going to become standalone patches with source.

I didn't know about this yet, thanks for telling me. And I'll be looking forward to the release of that tool and the patches and whatnot. ^^

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hello. I recently added a new type (Fairy) into the game. However, I don't know how to assign it to a POKEMON or a Attack move.

I try using YAPE but it the "Unhandled...." error keeps coming up (I can only a new rom, but not the rom that I have previously been hacking). In addition, I heard that G3T can assign new type to move, but the creator removed the link to the program. Therefore, are there another way to assign the New Type to a Pokemon or Attack move?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    It's been a few days since my last post so I'll try and see if anyone has more answers:

Hi all. I posted here back in 2012 with a problem I was having with my Ruby hack.
    Recently, I've been getting back into working on my hack, and have rediscovered the issue.
    Basically, I'm having trouble replacing the gym leader battle sprites. I can change one to custom sprite via unLZ, but it will make all the other gym leaders sprite muck up. If I try and swap the other gym leader sprites, again, one will be fine and the rest will go wrong.
    I've managed to change normal player sprites just fine (in unLZ they go strange colours, but in-game they're perfectly normal), but for some reason the gym leaders never work out.

I've looked at plenty of tutorials, I've made sure the offset image ends in 0,4,8 or C in free space finder, but... Nothing seems to work.
    No one was able to solve it last time, but perhaps someone might have some wisdom for me this time?
    Cheers!

I tried NSE 2.X, but the palettes of the sprites still messed up.
    I've got screenshots uploaded in my gallery (I hope that it's ok to use the gallery that way. I don't really know anything about the gallery, so if I'm breaking any rules please tell me!)

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • So a while back I got the following response to a question of mine:

Go in Item Manager or whatever and find Soul Dew. It should show a mystery value of sorts. Take that mystery value and go to the table and multiply mystery *4, then go to the pointer it shows. follow it. Disassemble or debug the routine and it should show latios and latias' numbers, so change them .
    I'm just wondering about one thing - which table exactly?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Soul Dew doesn't work on a table- it's handled by a pair of explicit checks during damage calculation starting at x3ef58. Most hold items work this way- look for the x22 in Soul Dew's item data if you want to know which byte makes Soul Dew function the way it does.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Hello. I recently added a new type (Fairy) into the game. However, I don't know how to assign it to a POKEMON or a Attack move.

I try using YAPE but it the "Unhandled...." error keeps coming up (I can only a new rom, but not the rom that I have previously been hacking). In addition, I heard that G3T can assign new type to move, but the creator removed the link to the program. Therefore, are there another way to assign the New Type to a Pokemon or Attack move?

I will be releasing a tool very soon that can, and already has, handled expanded anything flawlessly. It will release by the end of the month once it goes through beta testing. I put the finishing features in this morning.

YAPE gives you that error because it wasn't designed to handle more types.

Actually, YAPE is perfectly capable of handling additional types if you tweak the .INIs properly. You'll want to add the new type to data/en-us/commonvals.ini (should be pretty obvious where), and you'll want to change MaxTypeVal in data/common/romdata.ini.

Last edited by a moderator:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Does anyone know a good tut on changing the fireRed logo itself(have charizard and background under control)? Recently lost a few things in my hack including the logo, and cant find a logo tutorial anywhere...

Thanks in advance,

PokéMew151

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back