• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you got $400, what would you use it for?

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
  • So I just got back what equates to 400$ in overpaid taxes over the course of last year, and I don't quite know what to do with them... So I wondered, what would you do if you just got 400$ out of nowhere?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Buy an Xbox One! Wups, jokes on me, it's actually $499 (damn you Sony and your $399 console)! -_-

Personally, when I get my tax money I've just going to save it. Seeing my spending habits, it's probably best to do that for college expenses.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • These are about 291€s...

Hmm, I could afford something like a new graphics card or such for my PC or something like that...
    But honestly I wouldn't know what to do with such an amount of money either

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I could really use a new sewing machine, but that would run me at least the whole $400, if not more, for an upgrade from what I'm using... I'd really like a Bernina, but for $4,600.. I think that desire needs to wait.

So it'd probably be more like:

• Save at least $100 of it, maybe $200
    • Put about $100 of it toward my desktop (she needs more storage space so I can actually play the games I've bought, and 1-2 TB should be sufficient for me for... forever.)
    • Blow at least $100 on fabrics and materials.
    Whatever's left between the saving/fabric variables would probably go into a nice steak dinner with Boyfriend, 'cause the local steakhouse runs like $60 for a dinner for two.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    in the situation i'm currently in, bills. i don't think that helps you, so i think you should save it.

Years
  • Right now, it'd probably all go towards bills. -_-;

In a normal financial situation, I think I would attempt to set it aside for a new computer. I pay for everything up front, and a computer would take several months of saving for me if mine were to break suddenly. The only time I had a large tax refund, I used it for my computer.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • That's not a lot of monies :x but I'd stick it in the bank. That's almost enough for a month of rent :D wee~

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I just got my tax return as well. :D.
    Mines only $192, though. :(.
    I'd say buy clothes and shoes or something with some of it, then save the rest.
    That's my game plan.

Yukari

I would Pre-Order the dark souls 2 Collector's Edition and then update my computer's graphics card. Then I would probably buy a few other games until it's release.

I know, I'm a total loser.

Years
  • Hold on tight to it, haha. 400 isn't much to me but it would be good emergency money.
    I honestly would have loved to hold on to more of our tax return than we did, but the boyfriend...-__-...just loves them games and systems lol. (but we still have 2,500 left, so yay?) If it was up to me we'd have most of it still though. :/

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I would Pre-Order the dark souls 2 Collector's Edition and then update my computer's graphics card. Then I would probably buy a few other games until it's release.

I know, I'm a total loser.

Dude, I bought that and it's so dope! The figurine in there though is a lot bigger than I expected. When I find my phone I'll take a picture of it and send it to you for perspective.

A. Pay back my friend the $210 I owe her
    Yikes. Why do you owe her so much money?

Years
  • I would but a PS3. No, not a PS4. There are too many HD remakes/PS exclusives that I need to own.

Or I would use it to pay for school. Books and materials are pretty expensive.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd celebrate a little bit and probably buy myself an eigth or more. The rest I'd just put in the bank. I don't like to go too crazy with large random sums of money, but I'll tap into it eventually muahaha

Years
  • $400 is nothing to a guy with a job and over $17,000 on him. :D

But hey, there are things I can get with that, maybe donate some stuff on Amazon wishlists, like other games people might want or something.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd probably buy myself one thing, like a new dress or a RedBubble t-shirt and put the rest in savings. Or just put it all in savings. That's what I did with my actual tax refund, haha.

Years
  • Even when I've got money to spend, I'm pretty stingy with it. If I had $400, I'd probably spend a little bit of it on some clothes and other small things, but the rest of it would go right into my savings account.

Back