• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You can actually do that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What's the most awesomely ridiculous thing you've found is actually possible in a game?

Myself? Dual-wielding ultra greatswords in Dark Souls 2, you know, with the actual power stance. It'll take over 40 strength for most of them but apparently it can be done. Needless to say, this would be the epitome of badassery for player characters.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Does Goat Simulator count if everything is ridiculous? No? Because you can definitely sacrifice people to the goat god in a Satanic ritual.

This isn't necessarily awesomely ridiculous but whenever I get an option not to do something necessary in a game, I always try to take it to see how the game reacts. Once I did and the screen faded to black. "And so, the world drifted towards its fated destruction." Game over. I was, frankly, delighted that a game actually let me do that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Oh, what game was that, then?

Oh, didn't realize I forgot to mention! It was Golden Sun. I never did get very far in it but I remember it fondly just because of that scene.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I never knew about the quick-scoping technique in Call of Duty until I ran into this one video over at YouTube (don't exactly remember which, haha). Then, I spent hours trying to learn this by watching various tutorials and whatnot. Took me a while to successfully have it performed, but eventually, though, I did. :] Aside from this, I also didn't know that you could drift-boost your vehicle in Mario Kart until sometime last year.

Last edited:
    Years
    Gunzerking in Borderlands 2, which enables you to dual-wield literally any kind of weapon. Anything from a pistol to a fully-automatic rocket launcher can be used. Heck, you can even use two different weapon types at the same time if you wanted to, for example a shotgun with a sniper, or a sniper with a rocket launcher! With the game's vast variety of weapons, the possibilities are endless with Gunzerking.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'd have to go with essentially any fighting game for me, especially Soul Calibur V and Super Street Fighter IV. I'm atrocious when it comes to performing combos in fighting games, so when I actually do accomplish one I get really excited and try to do it again but to no success. It's just really difficult without the special fight pad controllers that they've made for games like Super Street Fighter IV, so I've always felt incredibly awkward when trying to use the D Pad for the Xbox 360 controller to link moves together

Dual-wielding ultra greatswords in Dark Souls 2, you know, with the actual power stance. It'll take over 40 strength for most of them but apparently it can be done. Needless to say, this would be the epitome of badassery for player characters.

Wait, I actually didn't even know you could do that haha. Dang, that's going to mess up my entire stat line if I want to try and accomplish that [:

Yukari

Armageddon in Ultima 6, 7, and 8. This literally kills everything in the game aside from you (Though in 7 Batlin, Lord British, and the ferryman survive.) I mean that's like being handed a button that will launch every nuke on earth and then being asked very kindly not to press it. SO OF COURSE YOU DO!

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    solatorobo's racing thing in it's menu. the courses were really hard and fun and it was super tricky dodging the floating rocks. :p you can unlock more ships as you go on and it was so fun discovering racing, i got a lot of good stuff which helped me get through some levels. ^^

TY

I never knew you could teleport enemy units with the Chronosphere in Red Alert 2 untill recently. You can just teleport them into the sea, and watch them drown.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Gunzerking in Borderlands 2, which enables you to dual-wield literally any kind of weapon. Anything from a pistol to a fully-automatic rocket launcher can be used. Heck, you can even use two different weapon types at the same time if you wanted to, for example a shotgun with a sniper, or a sniper with a rocket launcher! With the game's vast variety of weapons, the possibilities are endless with Gunzerking.
    This is pretty much it for me - all of my "OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME" moments tend to come from Borderlands haha. Be it dual-wielding rocket launchers or silently slashing through whole hordes of enemies with Zer0's blade, Borderlands really knows how to make you feel OP as hell. And that's not even getting started on what Gaige's buddy can do for you.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Most of the things I get excited about are dumb things that I can't believe they took the time to add into the game. {XD} Like, "Oh my god, you can go cow-tipping in Fallout 3?!"

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    In Persona 4 Golden, there is this mini-boss called the Reaper. For a while, I got told not to fight him because he's uber strong. Well, upon reading this walkthrough about the game secrets, I found out if you manage to beat him that you get an ultimate weapon for each of the characters you fight with.

So, I asked my boyfriend since he plays this game if he knew... and he said he did. XD It was funny because I was like, "You never told me that. O_O" and he was all "You never asked lol". XD

There's also been moments in the remastered versions of FFX/X-2 that I've discovered too that I couldn't do in the original games. It's kind of funny because I get so excited about these things, even though I'd hardly use them when playing. XD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    In the Disgaea series, the damage output is ridiculous. Like in Disgaea 4, I've reached almost three quadrillion points of damage, haha. Other people did over 900 quadrillion, which I when I first saw that, my jaw dropped. But once you hit 1000 quadrillion the damage actually starts to overflow unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In Dark Souls 2, you can dual wield shields.
    Just started doing that yesterday with Orma's & Reeve's (the only shields that can be powerstanced) and it's actually perfectly viable, PVE-wise. The massive strike damage asbsolutely wrecks armoured bosses. Well, overall there are many negative points to using shields as weapons, but crushing one's foes between two huge iron slabs is rather gratifying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What happened to me often is that I for some reason don't even notice the most basic things in games.

For example when I played FF7: Crisis Core. I played it about half way through (maybe a little bit more, can't say for sure), the enemies, especially bosses good extremely hard and after many tries I managed to beat a really tough one. After that I realised that you can use Materia not only for abilities, magic and stuff, but also to boost your stats (and that you could even fuse Materia for even better boosts).
    That was the point when the game went from extremely hard to really easy xD

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I also didn't know that you could drift-boost your vehicle in Mario Kart until sometime last year.

Speaking of Mario Kart, I didn't know you could defend against red shells by having banana's trailing behind you. Another was that its possible to dodge blue shells by executing a well timed mushroom boost (did it once only)

Pretty basic and dumb thing I found out you could do in Wii Sports Bowling in training mode was getting a strike on the 99 pins final where if you roll the ball at the right guardrail until it gets to the end successfully a earthquake happens and the pins fall down :P

Back