• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Baseball anime's are my favorite. I don't know why, we have cricket here in australia and our little league is plagued with kids who have literally got a dirty sanchez

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Sports anime are fun to watch. They're probably fun to play as well, but I can't play any sports aside from Badminton.

Can't say the same about soccer/football though. Not much of a fan of it.

Speaking of sports, the swimming club is back.

Years
Well getting hit by a ball that was kicked with as much force as the person that kicked it could manage isn't fun. American Football just looks painful to play.

The only sport i can play is Volleyball. I can also swim really well but you can't really "play" that.

Years
I'm not aggressively into sport anime mostly because I kinda saturated myself with sports novels growing up, and because of that I tend to look for a different kind of story when I choose anime.

Well, that and I saturate myself with sports stuff substantially given that I follow several teams in 5 different sports.

Anyone going to watch the second part of Space Dandy when it premieres this weekend?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I'm just gonna pitch an idea here, I don't know if it's been said before but whatevs.
How would you guys feel if we organized an ongoing event where we would vote on to watch an anime of some kind preferably interesting and different and we are given a dead line to watch the first episode or soemthing we all finish the first episode (you can race ahead if you want to) and we discuss that episode. I say this because our forum system doesn't merit a thread for every new episode that comes out of every new anime.

So the Jist is, we have a Megathread of sorts, inside said megathread we can pitch anime that we'd like to see, we take the first 7 or so. We have a Poll to see what we want to do first, we set a deadline to finish the first episode and in that thread we discuss everything after that deadline so no one is spoiled and we continue that until its finished. Preferably Anime that are 1-30 or so episodes long.

Candy

Years
I'm not really getting on the idea, Murkrow. So exactly... what do you mean?

Swimming is pretty fun, but yeah, it's rather hard. Doesn't stop anyone from splashing into the swimming pool anyway.

As for Space Dandy... I haven't even watch the first season, so that's a no from me. I might check it out, but there's so many stuff to watch on Summer for me. Blame second seasons for that.

Years
Watching anime in a club would be nice.

I'm not really getting on the idea, Murkrow. So exactly... what do you mean?

I'm saying that a lot of people (notably my friends) play sports really aggressively, for example kicking the soccer ball with a lot of power so it goes very fast, and if it hits somebody(for example the goalkeeper), it usually ends hurting a lot.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sports anime are fun to watch. They're probably fun to play as well, but I can't play any sports aside from Badminton.
How can you PLAY anime? =D

I'm just gonna pitch an idea here, I don't know if it's been said before but whatevs.
How would you guys feel if we organized an ongoing event where we would vote on to watch an anime of some kind preferably interesting and different and we are given a dead line to watch the first episode or soemthing we all finish the first episode (you can race ahead if you want to) and we discuss that episode. I say this because our forum system doesn't merit a thread for every new episode that comes out of every new anime.

So the Jist is, we have a Megathread of sorts, inside said megathread we can pitch anime that we'd like to see, we take the first 7 or so. We have a Poll to see what we want to do first, we set a deadline to finish the first episode and in that thread we discuss everything after that deadline so no one is spoiled and we continue that until its finished. Preferably Anime that are 1-30 or so episodes long.
We're so not gonna agree on anything =D

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I'm not really into anime about sport, mostly cause i'm not into sport in general.
I don't watch real sport, yet sport is one of my favorite anime genres heh.

Finished Ashi'ta no Joe (lol the censor on A♥♥♥♥a) the other day. Truly a must see classic about a boxer's life. It was more focused on drama than the actual fights, which made it even more interesting to watch. Of course, it being directed by one of the best anime directors helped it a lot. Dezaki was really a great director.

Also currently watching another show by Dezaki, Aim for the Top/Ace wo Nerae. It's kinda like Dear Brother with tennis. The first episode of Gunbuster was a parody of the beginning of Aim for the Top. The show is about a girl that suddenly gets special treatment in her tennis club, and every girl and their dog hate her. All that's left for her is to give her best and show them who's the boss. What's really good about it is that she's no genius and starts from zero. So you're watching her slowly grow into a great tennis player. Something we'll never see because only the first season was translated haha.

So yeah, totally recommend those two to people that want a bit different sport, where the episodes aren't 100% focused on the sport, but on the person playing. And besides, both are considered classics and iconic shows in Japan, more reasons to check them out!

Years
I'm personally not a fan of sports. But Sports anime is quite appealing.
Weird how that works.

Lately though I've picked up quite a few fantasy setting series so going back to roots hehe.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Barakamon seems sooo good. My first episode impressions tells me that its gonna be my favourite anime this season.

Years
Watching Aldnoah.Zero and...

UROBUTCHER GOING IN HARD

AMERICA GOT REKT AFTER INDEPENDENCE DAY

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

For some reason I was expecting one of them spaceship nukes to have landed on the kids wishing for peace in the end. Oh Urobutcher, how you have thoroughly warped people's expectations.

Still looking at that world map...good lord all of the East and West Coast of North America wiped out in a semicircular fashion sent more chills down my spine than seeing New Orleans destroyed (again)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 16, 2016
I haven't seen Space Dandy either, but my friends rave over it, so I'll try to schedule it in sooon

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Watching Aldnoah.Zero and...

UROBUTCHER GOING IN HARD

AMERICA GOT REKT AFTER INDEPENDENCE DAY

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

For some reason I was expecting one of them spaceship nukes to have landed on the kids wishing for peace in the end. Oh Urobutcher, how you have thoroughly warped people's expectations.

Still looking at that world map...good lord all of the East and West Coast of North America wiped out in a semicircular fashion sent more chills down my spine than seeing New Orleans destroyed (again)
Ouch, new Urobutcher's work? Damn, my "to watch" list has grown once again.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Has anyone read Deadman Wonderland? Probably my favorite manga, combined both great action and some shounen-ism, but had some interesting ideas and emotional charges as well.

Do tell me, what do you guys think of Dead Man Wonderland?

Candy

Years
Ouch, new Urobutcher's work? Damn, my "to watch" list has grown once again.

I'm not a fan of mechas though...

But it's Urobutcher we're talking about. I think I'll give this a try.

Do tell me, what do you guys think of Dead Man Wonderland?

It is definitely interesting, but I haven't completed it yet. I'm currently relying on the tankobon releases at my country after all now that manga sites are blocked by my ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back