• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • I'll be taking a short break to study for a removal exams I incurred last semester. Be back on Saturday, though. :)

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • When you sign up for a RP, you need the GM to accept you first. Your SU looks great, except for one thing. I don't want professor Oak to be handing out pokemon to new trainers just like that. The games don't work like that (in every game the player only gets a pokemon from the professor because of special circumstances) and the anime is silly 8) so you should get your pokemon from somewhere else or have a specific reason for getting a pokemon from the most famous pokemon researcher in the world.

Ok, thanks for the response! I'm still trying to figure out how all this works, so sorry if I break any rules in the process! I'll go ahead and change the bit about receiving the pokemon, and will look forward to seeing if I get accepted or not.

EDIT: Fixed the aforementioned entry. Ended up just removing the background content.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • The actual battle is all typed up, but if I combined it there it would be way too long. So for now, here's one of Kiya's inner struggles and Brock vs. Anselme, and as soon as there's another post I'll have Kiya's battle up.

Also, out of curiosity, would Anselme actually have gotten the badge? I'm 99.99% sure he wouldn't have, but then again, I'm not the one who decides that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Really enjoying your posts, guys! And Geras... He probably wouldn't have, no ;) I'm excited for Kiya's battle now!

@GreyBidoof, it looks good now, of course. Sorry for the wait :3 Now you are free to start posting IC. Remember that you need to start in Pewter City and need to try and win the Boulder Badge before you can move on. You may visit Viridian Forest before that if you want, though.

@ the people in Mt Moon & Route 4 - remember to let me know here in the OOC thread when you want to access Cerulean City!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Still working on the second part of the JP with Varys and Oddball... Maybe we are the first people doing JP with 3 characters. If we are and we are succeed, we might get a prize XD!

Talking about world records, when we are at the final, why not the whole RP join with someone or everyone join together to One and only one JP? Of course that would take a lot of time.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    why not the whole RP join with someone or everyone join together to One and only one JP? Of course that would take a lot of time.
    Post order. Definitely post order. Haha :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Finally getting round to writing my next post! Might be a bit shorter, but Artie's gonna try and catch his first Pokemon, so that's something to be excited about. Should be up later today!

EDIT: 'Tis up! Am waiting for a decision on my capture now c:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Still working on the second part of the JP with Varys and Oddball... Maybe we are the first people doing JP with 3 characters. If we are and we are succeed, we might get a prize XD!

Talking about world records, when we are at the final, why not the whole RP join with someone or everyone join together to One and only one JP? Of course that would take a lot of time.

You're the first ones in this RP anyway, in other RPs joint posts with 3+ are reasonably common. In The Golden Age there are routinely posts involving every RPer. I think there's probably too many in Begin Again for that though, as much as I'd love to see more 3+ person interaction.

There we go, gym battle posted and awaiting a verdict. Also, I need to learn how to make interesting titles.
    I'm having to make pretty long ones for all my Tasman posts because they look kinda strange short with the layout of my CSS.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Been a tad discombobled by my real life recently... hopefully back to read n stuff tomorrow.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finally getting round to writing my next post! Might be a bit shorter, but Artie's gonna try and catch his first Pokemon, so that's something to be excited about. Should be up later today!

EDIT: 'Tis up! Am waiting for a decision on my capture now c:

There we go, gym battle posted and awaiting a verdict. Also, I need to learn how to make interesting titles.
    Lovely battles :3

Artie captured a Noctowl!
    Congratulations! Kiya deserves the Boulder Badge!

jombii

Years
  • Well, in our JP, we're not really joint, per se. Let's just see where the JP goes.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Varys Yeah... I was hoping for a tad more joined battle, for became Hopes Discharge hitting Zubat on accident and little things like that, but perhaps we'll have a nice chat after the captures get posted.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • If it's alright, I'd like to join in and give roleplaying a try. I always imagined it'd be great fun, so here I am!

Spoiler:

And may I ask, how does one interact with NPCs? Do I include the NPC action in my post, and the GM simply accepts the interaction (such as with gym battles, I would, should I be accepted, write out the battle including the gym leader's reactions) or does the GM respond to interactions with NPCs and, like with other players, I leave details concerning their responses and the GM would then react in their stead?

jombii

Years
  • Yeah I figured Zub and Jordan were separated far enough from the group to not feel any effect, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Hey before I do my next post, can someone please tell me how to make it so that you can hover over the Pokemon sprites and have it show information? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Hey before I do my next post, can someone please tell me how to make it so that you can hover over the Pokemon sprites and have it show information? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Type and finish it with [/title]. In between those, you insert your coding for your sprite (like the image URL and image tags, which are
    COLOR]G])

Back