• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Music Stuck In Your Head?

Years
    Okay, so what songs related to anime (OPs, EDs, inserts, character songs, etc) have managed to earworm their way into your head over the years? I totally stole this idea from /r/anime.

I'll start us off with a long list of songs that have definitely gotten stuck in my head at some point.
    Spoiler:

And now that you've seen my list, how about yours?

Years
    The type of songs that tend to get stuck in my head aside from OPs and EDs (some of which are songs in the op of this thread) are those repeated insert songs.... Be they battle songs, or something else.

For example:
    - Before My Body is Dry from Kill la Kill. Don't lose your waaay!
    - Absolute Destiny Apocalypse from Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's time to duel and we're going up the stairs again. xD
    -Rock Over Japan from Mawaru Penguindrum. (Warning: extremely catchy.) Let's initiate the survival strategy.

Oh man back in the day I used to get one of the openings from the original Fullmetal Alchemist stuck in my head, too. Ready Steady Go! Sorry for the bad quality..
    EDIT: Now I'm remembering some other songs from my childhood like Fighting Dreamers from Naruto... Curse this thread and my memory for making me recall a bunch of cheesy songs! They're getting stuck in my head yet again. {XD}

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    This could last forever, believe. Every time I get over an anime OP/ED... another one pops up in my head.

Lately I have been obsessed (once again) with the following:

Spoiler:

Anyway, my favorite song over the years will always be... every song from Rurouni Kenshin. Especially '1/2', the second OP.
    What a piece of art!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Pretty much every OP of the anime I watch =D It doesn't happen that often to EDs, though.

Long time stucks (???) are definitely Sorairo Days (TTGL OP), Tsuki no Curse (Loveless OP), Dia no Hana (Black Cat OP), True Light (D.N. Angel OP), both Higurashi OPs, Futatsu no Kodō to Akai Tsumi (Vampire Knight OP1), Kanashimi Rensa (Valkyria Chronicles OP1) and probably the first one I think of as an answer to this question, Blaze (Tsubasa Chronicle OP1)

From newer ones. Well, Don't Lose Your Way and Database are definitely valid for this =D But also dat Engrish in Parasyte, all songs from Onii-sama The Animation

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm surprised you even watched Loveless, Satoshi haha.

I've had the opening AND ending for Kekkai Sensen stuck in my head for the past two or three days. I've caught myself humming either of them, or even muttering the words to myself while working. Though, I sing at work all the time so that's not too uncommon. No, it's not always anime songs, I'm not that much of a weeb.

The second opening for Gintama Enchousen, Sakura Mitsusuki was stuck in my head for a good month not too long ago.

Years
    Um...anime music stuck in my head?

Unravel - Tokyo Ghoul
    Sign - Naruto
    Bluebird / Silhouette - Naruto: Shippuden
    Crazy Rainbow / Fight Together - One Piece
    Liar Mask - Akame ga Kiru
    Sakura Rock - Katekyo Hitman! Reborn
    Marshmallow Justice - Nisemonogatari
    Q&A Recital - Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Years
    The type of songs that tend to get stuck in my head aside from OPs and EDs (some of which are songs in the op of this thread) are those repeated insert songs.... Be they battle songs, or something else.

For example:
    - Before My Body is Dry from Kill la Kill. Don't lose your waaay!
    - Absolute Destiny Apocalypse from Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's time to duel and we're going up the stairs again. xD
    -Rock Over Japan from Mawaru Penguindrum. (Warning: extremely catchy.) Let's initiate the survival strategy.

Oh man back in the day I used to get one of the openings from the original Fullmetal Alchemist stuck in my head, too. Ready Steady Go! Sorry for the bad quality..
    EDIT: Now I'm remembering some other songs from my childhood like Fighting Dreamers from Naruto... Curse this thread and my memory for making me recall a bunch of cheesy songs! They're getting stuck in my head yet again. {XD}

You just mentioned 3 more songs that I have, in fact, gotten stuck in my head in the past: Before My Blood Is Dry, Ready Steady Go!, and Fighting Dreamers.

Sorairo Days (TTGL OP)

That, Libera Me From Hell, and Viral's Theme were stuck in my head for years after finishing the anime the first time. Especially Libera Me From Hell.

I also remembered a few others on my own. I do probably have problems if music gets stuck in my head this easily, haha.
    Neko Mimi Mode from Moon Phase, Let Me Be With You from Chobits, Happy Material and Kagayaku Kimi He from Negima!, 1000% Sparking (JP) 1000% Sparking (EN) A-LY-YA! (JP) A-LY-YA! (ENG) Mahora Sentai Baka Rangers (JP) and Mahora Rangers (ENG) from Negima!? (I think FUNi did a pretty good job with these songs in terms of making them fun in English), and Happy Material Return from Negima Ala Alba OVAs all also were earworms for me. Oh, and despite not having seen the anime, Fly Away, Fallen Angel, and EPTM, and D Rock City (warning, lyrics are kinda dirty) all were stuck in my head for most of 2012 and 2013 (actually most of that soundtrack was).

And I need to stop myself before I recall even more. Like I said, stuff gets in my head very easily.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    These are the ones I keep listening to over and over and over and over and...yeah, you get it. I love these songs a lot. <3

My Truth - Rondo capriccioso - Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Insert Track
    Sakura Mitsutsuki - Gintama: Enchousen
    Bakuchi Dancer - Gintama
    Donten - Gintama
    Samurai Hot - Gintama ED
    again by YUI - FMAB
    Rain by SID - FMAB
    USO by SID - FMAB
    Ray of Light by Shoko Nakagawa - FMAB ED
    Flyers - Death Parade OP
    The Last Theater - Death Parade ED
    One day - One Piece
    Fight Together - One Piece
    Sora Iro Days - Gurren Lagann
    Daia no Hana - Black Cat
    Yuki Toki - OregaIru OP
    Chain - Air Gear OP
    Red Fraction - Black Lagoon
    Sign by FLOW - Naruto
    D-Technolife - Bleach
    missing-PSI - Toaru Majutsu no Index
    No buts! - Toaru Majutsu no Index II OP
    This Game - No Game No Life
    inner universe by Origa - Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
    rise by Origa - Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd GiG
    player by Origa - Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
    Extra Magic Hour - Amagi Brilliant Park
    Innocent Sorrow - D.Gray Man
    Doubt and Trust - D.Gray Man
    resonance - Soul Eater
    Rewrite - FMA
    Rashisa - Barakamon
    Innocence - Barakmon ED
    Butterfly - Digimon S1 OP
    Brave heart - Digimon Insert Song
    rose - NANA
    Wish - NANA
    ambiguous - Kill la Kill
    Mr. Raindrop - Gintama ED
    Tougenkyou no Alien - Gintama OP
    DARAKENA - Hitsugi no Chaika
    Shikkoku wo Nuritsubuse - Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle
    Unravel - Tokyo Ghoul
    Just Awake - Hunter X Hunter 2011 ED
    No Regrets - The Law of Ueki OP
    Falco - The Law of Ueki OP
    Goya no Machiawase - Noragami
    The Sore Feet Song - Mushishi
    Fallen - Psycho Pass 2 ED
    Namae no nai Kaibutsu - Psycho Pass ED
    Magia - Madoka Magica ED
    Let me hear - Parasyte OP
    EXiSTENCE - Shingeki no Bahamut OP
    Hohoemi no Bakudan - Yu Yu Hakusho
    Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai - Slam Dunk
    Hacking to the Gate - Steins;Gate
    Skyclad no Kanshokusha - Steins;Gate VN OP
    secret base - Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae Wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (YES, FINALLY REMEMBERED IT LEL)

No, it's not always anime songs, I'm not that much of a weeb.
    oh look at how cute this tsundere chick is haha

Last edited:
    Back