• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

"Oh... SO arryns a rock... who lives in the dirt... and im a flower whose on top and everyone thinks are pretty." she smiled.

She twirled with the dress hugging him.

"Thanks deerling." she giggled sitting back down.

"Like me? Awww. Honey!" she blushed a little and looked at her nails. I should do my nails she thought.

"Where has Shadow been.. I need to talk to him... and maybe kiss him... Probably like a light kiss.... but like enough to catch him but like... not too much where he thinks im his... why was I cursed with such incredibly great looks and charm... and personality... Why god? Why?" she said dramatically putting the towel on her forehead. She sips the Pina Colada.

"Maybe I should just get drunk..." she said sipping slowly.

Years
Rex

Rex awkwardly pats Tulip on the head as she hugs him. He fears Arryn may have just lost her place as Tulip's "bestie". And by extension, that he is now her gay best friend.

"Where has Shadow been..." Tulip idly wonders, her mind apparently wandering back to boys now that she has a drink. "Maybe I should just get drunk..."

"Let's not get crazy. Please limit yourself to 'buzzed' tonight, since we have a big day ahead of us. I'm going to go find Shadow, or Darren, or someone. They should have been back by now..." He heads for the door, stopping before actually stepping outside.

"Try to rest and recover, please. I'll leave Blaze here to watch you. Let her know if you need anything. There's cookies and drinks in the kitchen. I'll be back soon." With that he steps outside, hoping the walk and fresh air will help his head. He'd never say anything to her, but being around Tulip gave him a headache. Her Fairy aura was very effective against him, and he is painfully aware of his typing being critically weak to Fairy powers.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Gray

Already angered by the fact that I got attacked by a random Arcanine, What made it worse was that it was sitting in place as if nothing happened, As if it did not just send me rolling on the ground.

Embarrassing...

I glanced to see if Arryn was okay but found her talking to someone in an ally.

Did I just get tackled and she shows no sign of concern??... Tch, Ya know what, Screw that. I'm going back to the apartment. Too many oddities have happened all at once. Me joining this garbage group... The Arrival of shadow. Now this?
I glanced at the Arcanine who was sitting in place and I groaned.

I didn't hold anything against it. Apparently it did what it had done for a reason. I'm not interested in this newcomer anyway. I pat myself down and I walked to the apartment with an attitude as usual.

If this new person is joining the group, I'm leaving it. The small little group I once knew of was becoming a guild for Hybrids. This is NOT a shelter, I am NOT gathering supplies for anybody other than Rex and Darren. Screw everyone else, They're on their own. I'm gonna let Rex and Darren know how I'm feeling... I need some insight on the situation...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Shadow:

Shadow walked out of the shadows and walked up behind the new comer named Vesa. Theright revealed his face.

"I guess it is a good thing you mean no harm. Otherwise, I could have sliced your throat easily." Shadow said in a more serious ton than normal.

He walked out to the side and between Arryn and Vesa where it formed a slight triangle. "It was pretty funny watching Gray get tackled by a Arcanine though, I assume it was your's. And I do have to agree, no one is special. To me, everyone is equal other than Team Rocket. I defend those who are in trouble, even if they hate me. Because that is who I am. My name is Shadow by the way. I am called what I am."

After a second, he looked up, "Noivern!"

The Noivern dove down and flapped its wings closer to the ground, to land between all three. The flapping of its wings sent wind out toward everyone. Shadow walked over to Noivern and rubbed its neck, "Good job today. I don't think we are in any danger at the moment. So return."

The red light absorbed Noivern and sucked it into the pokeball. Shadow fixed his Clay like hat and fixed his trench coat. He crosses his arms and leans up against the building. Looking at Arryn to make sure she was ok and then back at Vesa waiting for a reply.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

Tulip sat and waited for everyone to come back. She was lonely and bored.

"So... when Shadow comes back Ill flirt with him... and Ill get home alone and Ill ask him what he thinks of me... yeah that's what ill do."

She hobbled to the mirror and looked at herself. She looked so much better. Her face had completely healed and she was looking more beautiful than ever. She wondered how she could be strong like Gray. Everyone was so strong... all she had was her looks... I wonder how far those could get her... She hobbled to the window and looked outside waiting for someone to come.

"hurry up guys..." she smiled looking over to the bottle of liquor and she took a swig and kept giggling.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Gray

I stepped into the apartment and walked upstairs. Once at the top, I stepped through the door. Once I did, I saw Tulip. Tulip seemed to look nice and well groomed. I on the other hand had a pretty dirty face from skidding across the concrete ground, But no scars or bruises.

"Yo." I plainly said to Tulip, somewhat glad I'm not alone. All I wanted was some people I can relate to. Darren was against Shadow. So was I. Rex seemed to not mind. I dunno if they're acquainted with the new person, but I've grown tired of complaining and being angry...

"Where's Darren and Rex?" I asked Tulip, hoping she would give me some useful information. "I'm annoyed right now, and I could really use their presence."

What I stated was true. Talking to Darren or Rex seemed to make me feel better when I wanted to hurt someone.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Darren

Darren and Houndoom walked down the alley, looking for Vesa. "See anything?" Darren looked to Houndoom, who shook it's head. "No guy. No sword." Darren groaned, "When I find him..." Darren's fists burst into flames. Houndoom stepped back and walked away. Darren shook the flames out and looked at his hands, Being a fire type is not good when you're ticked off... especially when you're also a dark type... Darren turned to Houndoom, "Split up. If you find him, come find me." Houndoom gave a nod then took off running. Taking my weapon is a mistake. Hurting Tulip is also a mistake. This guy has a death wish doesn't he? Houndoom stopped as it heard voices. The canine pokemon slowly walked around a corner and saw Vesa and Arryn talking to eachother. Houndoom turned and ran to find Darren.

"Hm?" Darren turned around as Houndoom tugged on his pant leg. "Found him?" Houndoom nodded then ran in the direction of Vesa and Arryn. "Good, let's go". Darren slowly approached the group. Shadow, Arryn, and some random guy... with my sword! Darren glared at Vesa, noticing the ice covered blade. I'd recognize that handle anywhere. Is that ice? So this guy must be a hybrid too. An ice hybrid...perfect "Hey!" Darren yelled as he walked up to Vesa. Darren's right hand burst into flames and he punched Vesa in the face.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

I look up at Gray and look back down.

"You're talking to me...? Without any sarcastic comments...? Without calling me some name? Wow." she said crossing her arms.

"Darren...? He ran off to be my Prince Charming and I asked Rex if he was gay so he left." she said plainly.

"You look awful..." she said hobbling to the sink and getting a warm washcloth and she walked back to him. She softly washed his face.

"Im sorry... I know things aren't great between us... so... sorry..." she said softly.

"So you like Arryn huh? I could help you... she likes you too." she smirks a little smiling.

"So? Do you want my help? I think you do. Okay, so first off. You cant be so mean all the time. Try to be nicer... Like when you see Arryn next tell her she looks nice... OH! When we get to Johto Ill set up a date for you two!" she smiles hugging him.

"Oh... Sorry but I really like hugs." she said warmly.

Years
Rex

Rex walks down the street, the fingers of one massive hand massaging his temples. A headache that had nothing to do with fairy magic is slowly working its way through his head. With his other hand, he carries a wheelchair, recently acquired from a local walk-in clinic. "Where is everyone? We were so close to getting out of town scot free, and now we're scattered all over the place. Is it so hard to just stick to a plan?!"

He smacks a steel mailbox in frustration, knocking it over and sending it tumbling down the sidewalk. The noise sets him on edge, causing something in his head to shake itself out of its slumber. Rex takes several deep, calming breaths, forcing his anger to subside, willing the beast within to go back to sleep. Seeing nothing around, the pressure fades, and he is calm once more.

"I'm going to drive myself crazy like this. What is wrong with me? I've been in control for so long, why is It acting up now?"

"Sir, I have located the suspect, and he is huge! Please advise, over."

Rex turns to look behind him, seeing a police officer standing by a parked motorcycle, talking into a radio. A garbled response comes from the radio, but Rex can't make it out. The officer slowly approaches, one hand on his weapon.

"Sir, I have reports that that wheelchair is stolen, along with several bottles of medication, and you match the description of the perpetrator exactly. Put the chair down, and put your hands out where I can see them."

"And now apparently this is happening..." Rex sighs, doing as he's told. The officer puts a pair of handcuffs on him, which barely fit, and cut into his wrists. The officer speaks into his radio, taking hid hand off his weapon.

"I have the suspect in custody, please send a car to my location. Or maybe a truck?"

"No." Rex casually moves his arms up and apart, breaking the chain connecting the cuffs. "I have places to be." He brings his fist down on the officer's head, knocking the man out. He grabs the key to the cuffs, slipping it into his jacket pocket. After a moment's thought, he takes the gun, removes the magazine, and breaks the gun in half.

"There are people I care about who need me. I can't afford to go to jail." He grabs the wheelchair again, heading back to the apartment at a brisk pace.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

Tulip walks away from her and thinks about where Rex went.

"Where did Rex go...? Maybe Ill go look for him.. All though last time I went outside I got hurt and had to be saved..." She sighed.

"Why do bad things happen to good people?" she sat back down.

She thought about the group of dynamic people. She closed her eyes and pulled a blanket over herself. She was undoubtedly the prettiest in the group allthough she had too look our for Arryn. She could get really pretty really fast... Arryn... and Gray... Huh... I guess they're pretty cute... I still had dibs but... I have 2 guys much better than Gray... She smiled softly. This trip to Johto was gonna be great.

Years
Rex

The walk back to the apartment is quiet, surprisingly enough. Rex is starting to get worried, wondering where his friends have gone. Sure, it's a big town and all, but surely he would have encountered someone by now, right? Rather than getting scared, he's getting angry, but the handcuffs digging into his wrists remind him to keep calm and carry on. He had circled the block at sone point, approaching the apartment from the rear.

Rex climbs up the fire escape, which groans dangerously under his weight, bringing his ill-gotten wheelchair with him. "I'm back! Please tell me I'm the last one, and everyone is all here!" He comes inside, setting the chair down and taking the pills out of his pockets. He didn't know what half of them were, but he hoped they would help. He hadn't exactly stopped to read the labels...

****Flashback****
Rex takes a deep breath, then kicks open the door to the clinic, knocking out the entire door frame in the process. At this hour, there was practically no one inside, just a nurse behind the desk and a security guard chatting her up.

The guard reaches for something on his belt, either a weapon or a radio, but Rex doesn't give him the chance. He exhales a stream of cobalt blue gas, which washes over the guard and causes him to stagger back. Rex charges into the room like a freight train, grabbing the guard's face with one hand and plowing him into the wall, leaving him embedded about a foot into the drywall. Rex grimaces in discomfort from using his Dragon Breath, which only serves to make the nurse more frightened.

"My friend is hurt and needs painkillers. Where are they?" He growls, stomping towards the nurse. She falls out of her chair, pointing a shaking finger towards a shelf behind her. Rex sweeps his hand along the shelf, gathering all the bottles and tucking them into his jacket pockets. He leaves one behind, for the security guard.

The nurse scrambles back as Rex comes around the desk, but stops when she sees him grab a folded-up wheelchair. "Thank you. Sorry about the mess." He turns and leaves, and the nurse practically faints.
****End Flashback****

Rex digs the handcuff key out of his pocket, the tiny thing smaller than one of his fingernails. He awkwardly tries to unlock the cuffs, having a little trouble doing so.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

Arryn​
Arryn's eyes flick between Vesa and Shadow who now stands between them, then to Darren with his fist engulfed in flames. She breathes out a sigh, is this how we welcome people now? The tension that hangs in the air is too uncomfortable and Arryn steps back slowly. Screw Tulip's wheelchair, I'll carry her if I have to...

"I'm going back to the apartment," Arryn looks behind her for Gray and sees him missing. He probably went home. "I guess I'll see you guys there." She checks the watch around her small wrist for a second and holds up two fingers. "Train leaves in two hours, we need to be ready before then." And get the hell out of this City.

However the boys decide to handle Vesa is their own choice. Arryn is ready to just pack and get out.

"Let's go," she mumbles to her Absol. They walk away from the alley and down the block towards the apartment that had become a temporary home. Weirdly, she think she might just miss it.

Jumping up the four steps, Arryn pushes open the front door and waits for Shadow to enter before following shortly afterwards.

She glances up and tilts her head, confused at the scene. Tulip sitting on the couch, looking much better than before. Gray is standing to the side, battered and scrapes marring his face from the earlier ambush and Rex sitting on a chair that is much to small for his big frame and attempting to unlock the handcuffs from around his wrists.

How long was I gone?

Arryn lets the bag around her shoulders fall to the floor and moves forward to assist Rex with the handcuffs. "I'll do it... how did this even happen?" She hopes Tulip wasn't involved in a weird crazed way to add Rex to her list of potential boyfriends.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Gray

I lean on the side of the wall, Ignoring Tulip, as her information and advice was something I considered useless. No longer focused on her, I begin to evaluate my feelings towards the group. Starting with I'd say, My closest "Friend" So far, Is Rex. All my missions were alone, and though he probably doesn't know it, That was my first co-op mission! The rush was excillerating!

Next up, My rival Darren. Though he's often overly cautious, He has a sort of drive. I feel as though he wasn't always such a pansy. If I can knock that weakness out of him, He might be strong enough to give me a challenge!

Tulip... Ugh... Though she's incredibly annoying... She does have good out of battle qualities. She makes food, clothing, and is generally concerning yet self centered. I hate people like her but I love the uses she has, which infact does make up for her flaws.

As for Arryn...

... Nope... Nothing good about her at all. All she does is invite filth. She hasn't done ANYTHING relevant. Doesn't DO anything relevant and is just completely irrelevant. I hate her. Useless... I don't even know why I let her talk me into this whole group thing... I guess it's my fault for not killing her when I had the chance but...

As I ponder though my thoughts, Arryn walks into the building, seemingly examining Rex.
... Rex? When did he get back? I Shrugged it off before I notice the 2 groupies weren't with her. I smirked. Heh, has she finally see things through My eyes?!

Good... Now I don't have to worry about them. I don't know who the other person was, but Shadow seems to know my Power... Hmph, I like the fact that he respects me, but I want him to fear me... Whatever, He seems like he could have a use in the future. If the otherone doesn't stay, Then I'll have an actual decent team. With me as it's leader!
---
Smiling, I get off the wall and face Tulip, Arryn and Rex. "Heh, I dunno if I said it, but I'm the group leader! I'm tired of complaing when garbage people join. So I'll run things. You all play an important role. Er... All except Arryn. But nonetheless, I demand you all start packing, I don't want to head complaining if you leave something." I stated, Expecting them to do as I say.

Years
Rex

Rex is relieved when Arryn comes over to help him, as he wasn't having much success on his own. It's an interesting thought, and he realizes that none of them have been having much success on their own.

"How did this even happen?" Arryn asks as she unlocks the broken cuffs.

Now free of the uncomfortable accessories, Rex looks to the ground in embarrassment, a slight grin spreading across his face. "It's a long story. Short version is: I went out looking for you guys, got Tulip's chair, and had a slight run in with an over eager rookie cop. I got away, but he'll have a headache when he wakes up. But we'll be long gone by then, so there's no need to worry."

After finishing his story, Gray speaks up and announces their departure. And that he's the leader, and everyone has their uses. Rex scowls at Gray behind his back, feeling his temper rise, but takes a calming breath and just rolls his eyes. "Just roll with it..." he mutters under his breath.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years

Arryn​
"Heh, I dunno if I said it but I'm the group leader!"

Arryn glances over her shoulder at Gray in the midst of one of his I'm-better-than-you speeches.

"I'm tired of complaining when garbage people join. So I'll run things. You all play an important role. Er… All except Arryn."

She glowers at him.

"But nonetheless, I demand you all start packing. I don't want to hear complaining if you leave something."

Arryn wants to remark that she hasn't seen him pull any weight when it comes to packing but stops herself from causing an argument. She nods towards the open and full duffel bags on the coffee table. "Those are mine. There's another bag under the bed if you want to pack anything."

She remembers the letter in her back pocket. I should send this before we get on the train.

Rex seems to be just as annoyed by Gray as she is by muttering quietly, "Just roll with it…"

Setting the handcuffs on the bench, Arryn claps Rex' shoulder in understanding and returns to the living room to zip up her duffel bags. I don't play an important role? Since the beginning I have been trying my damnest to keep his ass in line. Who the hell saved him from Giovanni? Himself? She resists the urge to roll her eyes and instead busies herself with shoving three water bottles into her already full bag.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Gray

"Good. I know you all probably don't think of me as a leader, But I don't care. If you have a problem with it, Step up to me. I don't need to pack up anything because I don't have anything to pack. If you don't, then help someone else pack." I told them as I approached Arryn with a Hyper potion. She was packing water bottles.

"I think it's time we look out for eachother instead of remaining solo." I glanced at Rex. "See how even though he can handle himself, He's been handcuffed. Now, Say Arryn or Tulip would have been caught, They aren't strong enough to break handcuffs. They would have to fight using something else. We can't have that." I stated as I tossed the Hyper potion in the bag.

"I've grown somewhat attached to this group and I have already become somewhat reliant. Something I hate. So without you all, I'd virtually become weaker... And That is NOT an option."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Shadow:

Shadow whistles as Darren punches the hell out of Vesa, "Very nice... what a lovely way to greet someone. Well I guess Vesa isn't going to be joining us now. Let us leave him alone Darren. Actually... do whatever, but I think it would be ok to leave him alone. I am going to head back to the apartment now. Some how it is already daylight it seems... reminds me of the anime and manga about something called Saiyans that seemed to rarely have nights. Guess I'll meet you back there."

He noticed Arryn was leaving so he followed behind her. She entered the apartment and he walked up the steps and turned to the sky.

"Noivern! Return for now!" Shadow yelled as he returned his Noivern.

He could tell everyone was here. Arryn, Rex, Tulip and Gray. He was surprised that Gray had not come after the one who had sent the Arcanine out. Gray was calling himself leader.

'Hmm... I thought he was always the leader. Oh well.'

He listen as Arryn seemed to get mad at the statement of being useless by Gray.

Not very nice of you there Gray.

"Hello guys and gals! So, I guess we are getting ready to leave then? I don't have to pack anything, all I need is my berries and the potion Arryn gave me earlier on. I think I am going to stick with yall. I might be able to do things that you all cannot. But I guess we will find out in time. Also Arryn, thanks for not telling that guy about me when I snuck behind him. I could have killed him, but there was no reason. And Tulip... that guy who attacked you earlier, he still lives, but he won't be bothering you or us anymore. I could have killed him easily, but I chose not to."

Shadow said as he walked to grab another bottle of water.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Darren

Arbok uncoiled itself from Darren's chest and jumped to the side as Darren punched Vesa. Darren leaned back on his right foot, expecting Vesa to strike back. Noticing that Vesa wasn't fighting back, Darren threw one more punch then grabbed his katana. "I'm going back to the apartment" Arryn says as she walks away. Am I seriously the only person who sees this guy as a problem? Darren looked back to Vesa and Shadow then down to his sword. Ice, I could kill this guy without a problem. Darren looked at his still burning hand and ran it along the blade of his sword, melting the ice. "Well, I've got what I came for" Darren looked as Shadow walked away. Am I seriously the only person who sees this ice guy as a problem? "Arbok return!" Darren pulled a pokeball out and returned the snake pokemon. Houndoom growled as Vesa disappeared. Darren sighed as he sheathed his katana and leaned against a wall "Let him go. I've got my sword back and I don't think he hurt Tulip. If he did, then surely Arryn and Shadow would have done something". I'm not even sure what Tulip see's in Shadow anyway. But it seems like she might chooe him over me anyway so I guess it's time to move on. Houndoom began walking to the apartment but stopped as Darren raised his hand. "We're not going back." Darren turned around and starting burning letters into the brick wall with his hand. "Leaving a message for them since we won't be back at the apartment."

Houndoom and I have decided to go on ahead. Here's money for the train in case Houndoom and I aren't there in the morning.

Darren placed a pile of cash in a hole in the wall underneath the message. "Let's get moving". Darren and Houndoom stepped out of the alley and walked into the crowds in the street.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Gray

"Hello guys and gals! So, I guess we are getting ready to leave then? I don't have to pack anything, all I need is my berries and the potion Arryn gave me earlier on. I think I am going to stick with yall. I might be able to do things that you all cannot. But I guess we will find out in time. Also Arryn, thanks for not telling that guy about me when I snuck behind him. I could have killed him, but there was no reason. And Tulip... that guy who attacked you earlier, he still lives, but he won't be bothering you or us anymore. I could have killed him easily, but I chose not to."

As he spoke his words, I could tell Shadow would be good asset. His ability to walk the shadows would make him useful as a spy... I forget his other type, but Dark is good. The only other Dark type is Arryn, and she's worthless...

"Hmm... Shadow..." I called out his name. "You claim that you're staying. I don't mind that anymore, So I won't treat you like a stranger. I owe you for saving Arryn and taking out some team rocket members that could have been a problem in the future. I don't know what you've been through, Same with everybody else."

"When everyone is done packing and we're good to go, We'll all have some breakfast." I stated as I looked through the window. The sky was becoming more light blue as the sun slowly rose through the sky. "We've been up all night. Once the train ride to Johto is over and we have a place to stay, Rest is imminent."

"So what do you all want for breakfast?" I asked the group, Suggesting I'll make it. As a leader, It's my job to ensure the safety of these weaklings... I'll have to be more considerate for the sake of their well being...

"Also, when Darren gets back, if he ever does get back, I'll tell him the same thing. If he isn't here within the next 2 hours, we leave without him."

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years

Tulip slept softly as people entered and things got louder. She was a little irritated and she heard Gray.

"Well.... I can make breakfast... I think im a better chef then you are." she smiled.

She went back to the kitchen and took out some pancake mix. She made the mixture and took out a frying pan.

"So... Arryn is an ice and dark type... so ill put some Occa berries.... and some chople berry's... I have enough berries to make everyone their favorite." she smiled cutting berries and adding them to the batter. She flipped and put pancakes on plates. Then she stirred some milk adding some chocolate. After about 45 minutes she served everyone their food. Pancakes with eggs.

"Everybody dig in! Im gonna take out this trash." she smiled taking the trash to the ally seeing Darren's note.

"B-but he promised he wouldn't leave..." she said quietly. Tears formed in her eyes and she forced a smile, clenching her fists.

She came up the stairs and went inside with a fake and forced smile.

"Well everyone. It looks like Darren decided to leave... We always knew he was a flight risk. Hehe."

Back