• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Rex

Rex busies himself with packing. He didn't have much, with his only possessions being the clothes on his back (and the clothes that Tulip made, but he was wearing those under his regular, darker clothes). Instead, he packs up food and medical supplies, since he can carry the most.

While everyone else is getting breakfast, Rex heads outside to the stolen fridge. He grabs as much water as he can, along with a few sodas, but intentionally leaves all the booze. Their little group is volatile enough without adding alcohol to the mix. He hears Tulip come out with the trash, although they don't see each other, being on opposite sides of the building.

"Well everyone. It looks like Darren decided to leave..." he hears as she goes back in. Now curious, Rex goes to investigate, finding the note burned into the bricks and the money beneath it. Rex grabs the stack of bills and tucks it into a jacket pocket before going back inside.

He makes sure everyone has food before getting any for himself, and simply takes whatever is left. Hr eats quickly, fitting entire pancakes into his mouth and chewing just enough to get it down his throat. After practically inhaling his breakfast, he lets out a contented growl (or maybe a purr), smiling widely and clapping Tulip on the shoulder. "Thanks for the food! I've eaten better in the past few days than I have all year!"

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years

• Darren

Darren stopped walking as his stomach rumbled. "You hungry Houndoom? We haven't really eaten anything all day" Darren said as he looked down at Houndoom. "Doom" the fire pokemon said with a nod. Darren pulled money out of his pocket and counted it. Darren sighed, "There's only enough here for a train ticket. Guess we'll have to look around for something". Houndoom sniffed the air then ran to an alley next to a shop. Houndoom stopped and pawed a dumpster. "Not exactly what I had in mind... But I guess this works". Darren climbed up and looked inside the dumpster, scaring off a Ratatta that was digging through the garbage. Darren grabbed a box and jumped out, almost landing on Houndoom who gave an irritated growl. "Well, I found a box of crackers. Might be a little stale but it's better than nothing." Darren opened the box and gave Houndoom a cracker then took one for himself.

"Maybe things will be better for us in Johto. We might finally be able to settle down instead of running from town to town." Darren walked out of the alley. "Then we could eat actual food everyday instead of scavenging all the time". Though it'll probably be years before we can have an easy life. Houndoom looked up at it's trainer and tilted it's head. "We should probably make our way to the station now. Don't wanna miss the train". The two started running down the street.​

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow listens as Gray tells him that he wouldn't treat him like a stranger.

"Very well Gray. I will do the same. It is good to know that we can at least talk some." Shadow says.

He watched Tulip make the food.

How... how can she be hurt yet still walk and even cook. I wonder if she is really hurt or just wanted Darren to carry her. He smiled as he watched her cook.

It was then she grabbed trash and took it out side.

Oh for Arceus sake... Please don't let her get into trouble again.

He took a deep breath as she returned. Thankful that nothing happened to her. But then he noticed she was crying. Telling them that Darren left.

He shook his head and grabbed a plate of eggs and pancakes. Wishing that there was actually some bacon or something, but he decided to let it go. He watches Rex put his hand on Tulip's shoulder for a moment.

"Yes thank you Tulip." Shadow said as he continued to eat.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Gray​

"Very well Gray. I will do the same. It is good to know that we can at least talk some."

"Indeed. Try not to get yourself injured again. You're a hybrid, weak humans and Pokemon shouldn't be able to harm you." I told him, remembering his bruise from the focusblast.

"Well everyone. It looks like Darren decided to leave..." Tulip said, crying.

"We may see him at the station. For now, Him going solo is his own decision." I stated as I walk to the plate of food Tulip has made for me. I'm eat diligently, consuming my food quickly but not sloppy.

"Besides, Darren wouldn't be stupid enough to try and from ME. I'm the only challenge he'll get in this city if he wants to get stronger. For now, Tulip or Shadow. One of you pack his food. I have a feeling we'll see him again." I commanded as I finished eating.

"Delicious." I whispered as I place my fork down gently on the plate.

This new sense of responsibility seems... Different then me just using sheer power...

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• She smiled at the boys.

"You're welcome boys. Im glad you enjoyed it." she said to Shadow and Rex. She was forcing a smile but you could only tell if you looked very close.

She suddenly had a back flare up, she bit her lip. She was not going to be the damsel in distress for once.

"Shadow... Be a dear and pack up the rest of the food? Thank you." she smiled.

She went back to the couch.

"So. Gray. Since you're the leader and we all have our roles, how about you tell everyone their role in the group." she said trying to get some conversation going. She thought they could run a little more efficiently if everyone had their roles and stuck to them. She didn't mind Gray being the leader. It was perfect for him. She looked at him. He was so cute she almost couldn't handle herself. Hes been giving Arynn the cold shoulder... Maybe their done, which means she could have Gray all to himself. When Gray was all bossy it was really hot. She blushed and looked down.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Gray

"So. Gray. Since you're the leader and we all have our roles, how about you tell everyone their role in the group."

"Hmm? I don't plan on having people do roles until we get to Goldenrod. When we get there, YOU will be in charge of food Tulip... Do you understand? We haven't had any decent meals until you arrived, so that will be your role. You will also stay in the house. You get hurt and injured way too easily." I told her

"Shadow might be the night watcher since he loves the shadows and knows it better than any of us. Rex and I will be the scavengers, collecting ingredients and potions. Darren will be the one collecting money, he'll do so by entering fight tournaments. Arryn... Tch, Whatever she wants, I don't care about her." I said, frowning.

"Anyway, I now hold responsibility over all of you. If you get in trouble or hurt, we'll need a way to contact eachother. I don't have a communication device. We might have to steal one from rocket members or innocent people in Johto."

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "So I cook... Make clothes... Help people who are hurt... stuff like that?" she smiled.

"Sounds good! Although I don't get hurt easily... But you're the leader so Ill take the job assigned to me." she said humbly.

"If you need to relax...or some food or anything you guys can come to me." she smiled.

"Oh. I have good news so we can stay with my parents when we get to Johto. They have a mansion there. We are welcome there." she smiled.

"Does anyone want a relaxing massage or facial?" she smiled cracking her knuckles.

ElBurrito

Years

• Darren

Darren yawned as he looked up at a building in front of him. "Saffron station. It's been awhile since we've been here. I think the last time we were here was-" Darren got quiet and looked down at Houndoom who nodded. Darren sat down on a bench near the doors. "This seems like a decent place to wait for the group. Still not sure if I want to stay with them, but I did agree to at least travel to Johto with them." Darren tossed a cracker to Houndoom then held the box above his head, shaking it, "Congrats buddy, you got the last one." Darren tossed the box into a trash can then leaned back and stared at a sign. "At least this time we'll be getting on a train instead of trying not to get run over by one."

*Three years ago*
    Darren and Houndour slowly walked out of an alley and looked at the train station. "Ok, we'll split up here. Meet back here in half an hour." Houndour gave a nod then ran off into the street. As Houndour disappeared, Darren slowly stepped out and made his way into the train station. There's gotta be somebody worth stealing from. You'd think with this crowd at a train station there'd be a least one rich looking guy here. Darren saw a man and began following him. Can't be too hard. Just grab his wallet and disappear. Darren walked near the tracks but stopped when he lost sight of the man. "Damn, lost him." Darren heard something rush toward him and turned just as a Raticate slammed into him, knocking Darren off the walkway and onto the tracks. "You've got five minutes to make a decision hybrid." A male voice came from the crowd. "Come with us, or die here". Darren began to sit up but stopped and laid back down as Raticate held it's fangs at his throat. A team rocket member walked to the edge of the walk-way and looked down at Darren. "Like I said, you've only got five minutes. After that the train will be taking off." Darren glared at the team rocket member then glanced at Raticate who had already become bored with it's target.

As Raticate let it's guard down, Darren's fists burst into flames and he punched the rat off of him. Darren sat up but got knocked down by a sludge attack from a Muk. "You honestly think a simple fire punch will get you out of this?" The rocket member laughed. Darren attempted to break free but the sludge trapped him in place. Shit. Can't pull myself out. Can't burn my way out. But I'm sure as hell not going to turn myself over to them. The rocket member jumped down and crouched next to Darren, "So, are you going to come with me or not?". Darren spit in the rocket member's face then looked around, This would be a really good time for Hondour to show up. "Fine, I guess you'll die here. It's a shame though, you really could have been a help to Team Rocket." the rocket member climbed back up and watched Darren struggled to break free. Darren's heart began beating faster as he realized there was no way out. Not how I expected to go out but I guess it's better than dying in a lab. Darren turned his head as he heard the train start moving. Darren closed his eyes as he saw the train headed his way.

Darren heard something fly by his head and opened his eyes. He saw glowing purple spikes sticking out of the team rocket member's chest and the man dropped dead. "You okay?" A female voice said, coming from behind Darren. Seriously? I'm stuck to tracks and there's a train about to plow through me. What the hell do you think?! "I've been better". Darren said as he looked up at a girl with brown hair. She pulled the sludge off of Darren's arms. Darren quickly jumped up and climbed back to the walk-way, followed by the random girl. "How were you able to get that sludge off so easy?" Darren asked, giving the girl a confused look. "I'm a poison hybrid." she said, smiling at Darren. Darren rubbed the back of his neck as the train flew by "Oh. Well umm, thanks." Darren glared at Houndour as it walked up to him. "About time you showed up." Darren muttered. Darren looked back up at the girl and reached out his hand "I'm Darren by the way." The girl giggled and shook his hand, "Claire".

*Present Day*
    Darren looked down at Houndoom. "I don't think we'll have another run in with team rocket this time. But stay close, just in case". Houndoom laid down and looked up at Darren. "Houndoom doom". Darren closed his eyes and sighed I was hoping I could just forget that day...

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years

• Arryn​
    Having had quite enough of Gray and his quips about her being useless, Arryn slings one of the duffels over her shoulder and grabs the other by the handles.

"I'll see you guys at the station," she walks out of the apartment, whistling to her Absol as she does.

We'll see how useless I am when Giovanni gets his claws on you again, asshole...

She reminds herself that starting an argument with him will lead to only bad outcomes, situations that the group can't afford - not just now, but ever. Her self-control is straining and if it weren't for her charmed shard, the apartment would surely be in ruins by now.

I should have eaten some of Tulip's pancakes, Arryn frowns in regret as her stomach rumbles. Food was the one thing she hadn't packed.

A mailbox catches her eye and she hesitates, thinking of the letter - deflates and continues walking. When we're in Johto, I swear it.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Gray

"So I cook... Make clothes... Help people who are hurt... stuff like that? Sounds good! Although I don't get hurt easily... But you're the leader so Ill take the job assigned to me. Oh. I have good news so we can stay with my parents when we get to Johto. They have a mansion there. We are welcome there. Does anyone want a relaxing massage or facial?" Tulip replied with great demeanor.

"Yea, but not only that, You do what I tell you to do." I told Tulip.

"I'll see you guys at the station," Arryn said as she seemed to get up and leave the apartment with an attitude.

"Anyway, I think it's time we go. The train should be here in about 30 minutes." I said standing up.
    "You all ready to go?" I asked, completely ignoring Arryn's mood.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow listened as he finished up eating and placed his plate in the trashcan and took a sip of his water. He wondered why Gray had changed so drastically. He wondered why he was now not caring if Arryn was there or not. He wondered what he was planning... Why he had changed... But he didn't bring it up. He still didn't like sharing his personal feelings. He still didn't know how to start a conversation very well with humans, but talk like crazy to his pokemon.

"Does anyone want a relaxing massage or facial?" Tulip said, cracking her knuckles.

Shadow wasn't sure if he should let her or not. He didn't really want to be so close to someone he had just met. But he knew that she had just found out Darren had left.

I guess I will take advantage of it while he is gone. Your fault Darren. I'll make sure she stays herself while your gone, then I'll let you have her I guess. Shadow thought.

He walked back over to Tulip, "Uh... well I guess I could use a massage if your ok with that. I did sleep on the ground earlier so I am kinda stiff. Should have laid flat like I normally do... But uh... yeah.... I guess it would be ok for you to give me one... Maybe on the train if Darren isn't there." He struggled to find words... failing miserably at it.

"Also... I might be able to get us some C-Gears made in the Unova region, but it would probably take all my money that I have."

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "Yea, but not only that, You do what I tell you to do."

"Yes sir. Your wish is my command." she winked giggling.

"Uh... well I guess I could use a massage if your ok with that. I did sleep on the ground earlier so I am kinda stiff. Should have laid flat like I normally do... But uh... yeah.... I guess it would be ok for you to give me one... Maybe on the train if Darren isn't there."

"Yeah. Since its time to go ill do it on the train." she said smiling walking over to grab her bags. She had already packed all her shit. She had 10 bags.

"Even if Darren is there Ill give you a massage." she smiled touching Shadows chest.

"Can someone carry my bags?" she said sitting in the wheel chair sighing. She wished Arryn wouldn't have just left, but whatever.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

He smiled as she sat down in the wheel chair. He was about to offer to carry her bags, but then he completely forgot to pack Darren a back. He grabbed one of the bags and started putting supplies in the bag, getting as much as he could in it. After he quickly finished it, he noticed that there was still a large amount of supplies. He looked at his bag, and decided that he could get some supplies in his own bag without crushing berries.

As he finished, he looked at Rex, "What do you want to do Rex? Push her or take the bags? Or perhaps Gray would like to push her? Up to you guys."

He said walking back into the main room with his own bag and Darren's.

"But yeah, I can get us some Xtransceivers. But as I said, it would probably be nearly all of my money." Shadow said. He put his bags down and adjusted his black tench coat and his cowboy like hat that looked like Clay's from Unova, just not as big. He adjusted his gloves on his hands and looked at the Talonflame in his glove.

"Oh yeah, my Noibat happened to evolve as well when I was gone. So we have the fastest dragon type pokemon on our team. I also caught a little Seedot."

Years
  • Rex

Arryn has Rex's sympathy as she leaves. He isn't sure why Gray is treating her like this, but it isn't his place to police their relationship. He just grunts once in annoyance, having reached his limit for emotional drama long ago. He just hopes things are better once they reach Goldenrod.

"Oh, I have good news! So, we can stay with my parents when we get to Johto. They have a mansion there." Tulip happily reports.

Although he doubts things will be that easy, Rex returns her smile. At least they have somewhere to start. He quietly gathers up his bags, slinging them across his large shoulders. Shadow walks up to him, gesturing towards Tulip in her chair.

"What do you want to do, Rex? Push her or take the bags? Or perhaps Gray would like to push her? Up to you guys."

A decision involving Tulip and the men of the group? Rex quickly makes his move. "...Nope." He grabs the rest of the bags, going out the door with surprising speed for someone his size. He barely even notices the weight, and he's glad he can use his strength construcively.

He catches up to Arryn, walking slightly behind and to the side of her. "Finally ready to leave this town?"

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years

• Arryn​
    "Finally ready to leave this town?" Rex comes up slightly behind her.

"You have no idea," Arryn laughs and hoists the bag strap higher on her shoulder. "Goldenrod will be a good change." Or so she hopes. Anywhere has to be better than this pitiful city.

As the station comes into plain view, Arryn picks up her pace when the eagerness to leave settles in. She hops up the two steps and makes a beeline for the ticket vending machine, selecting the correct destination and time, she sets her duffel bags down and brings her backpack around to fish inside for her 300pd.

She can't help but grin when her ticket is ejected from the machine into her waiting hand. It's really happening.

Arryn glances around the station for Darren. He couldn't have left yet and he promised to come with us, didn't he? She definitely doesn't want anyone to disperse from their team and Arryn doesn't think she can handle Tulip's reaction if Darren decides the grass is greener elsewhere.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow blinker a couple of times. It had taken him by surprise at how fast Rex could move. He watched Rex scoop up the remainder of the bags and took off through the door. Shadow chuckled a little. He couldn't blame Rex. He wasn't sure at all how he had gotten in this mess in the first place.

Hmm... My guess is that Tulip as an ability like Cute Charm that makes males become infatuated. Not only that, but she is also a fairy type and opposites attract. So I have to come up with a way to overcome it, or avoid allowing her to touch me at all... God that sounds terrible in my head... Wait... its my head.... what the hell... I blame Tulip for this...

Ice walked over to Tulip and put his hands on the handle that helps push the person in the wheelchairs.

"I guess I'll push you then Tulip. However, We have to catch up with the others... so.... you might want to hand on. Gray I am gonna go ahead. Catch up when you can."

He pushed Tulip down the stairs carefully, avoiding as many bumps down as possible and then he remembered something...

"Wait... Tulip can you teleport? I can get there in a few minutes, but I don't want to risk the wheelchair breaking at my speed. You could just get your pokemon to teleport me Gray and you."

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• Tulip smiles humming as the boys talk about who will push her.

"Oh yeah, my Noibat happened to evolve as well when I was gone. So we have the fastest dragon type pokemon on our team. I also caught a little Seedot."

"Oh that's wonderful Shadow!" she smiled. Seedots were so adorable, and having a fast dragon type is great for the team.

She looked up from her lap as Rex ran out of the house.

Does Rex have a crush on me...? Aww. Thats adorable! she giggled silently to herself.

When Shadow said he was going to push her she smiled, reaching up and touching him.

"Thank you for pushing me love." she said smiling.

"Wait... Tulip can you teleport? I can get there in a few minutes, but I don't want to risk the wheelchair breaking at my speed. You could just get your pokemon to teleport me Gray and you."

"Hmm? Well I guess but why cant you just walk me at normal speed. We can just chat... Are we in that big of a rush? I was looking forward to talking with you... But I guess we can talk when Im massaging you on the train." she smiled softly sending out Gardevoir.

Gardevoir took a little twirl and teleported Tulip and Shadow to the train station.

"Thank you! Now can you go back and help Gray with the last of the stuff?".

Gardevoir nodded and teleported back to the house, looking at Gray smiling holding out her paw(?)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow kinda shied away when she put her hand on him. He was afraid she could read minds for a moment. He had just said that he couldn't let her touch him.

Ah well. I guess it can wait till Johto at least.

"Hmm? Well I guess but why cant you just walk me at normal speed. We can just chat... Are we in that big of a rush? I was looking forward to talking with you... But I guess we can talk when I'm massaging you on the train." Tulip smiled, as she sent Gardevoir to get gray.

His stomach twisted. He felt he had done the wrong thing.

"Oh I am sorry Tulip. I didn't know you wanted to talk to me. As for walking at normal speed. I may have been able to, but I haven't exactly learned how Speed Boost works on humans yet. So I don't know exactly what I have to be doing for it to activate. Honestly, I don't have much control over my abilities most of the time. But yeah, we can talk on the train. I know that I can control it while I am sleeping, sitting or just standing. We don't need speed boost kicking in when I am pushing now do we? It would have been a wild and bumpy ride. And it may have hurt you more than anything."

He said as the arrived at the train station. He looked around and didn't see anyone right away. He rolled Tulip over to the ticket booth where he got his ticket.

"How long do these train rides last anyways?" He wondered.

He hadn't used one before. He mainly walked everywhere and used boats.

ElBurrito

Years

• Darren

Darren opened his eyes and leaned over to look through the glass doors. Darren looked at a clock and turn back to Houndoom. "Ready to get our ticket?" Houndoom gave a nod and stood up. "I don't see any of the others here, either we missed them going by or they aren't showing up." Darren looked around and shrugged. Looks like Houndoom and I might be going on our own after all. Darren walked inside the station with Houndoom following close behind. Darren made his way to the ticket booth, adjusting his jacket to hide his sword and looking everywhere for possible threats or the hybrid group. I don't see any rocket members... Darren grabbed his ticket and walked to the loading area. "Looks like we're finally doing it Houndoom. We're finally getting out of Kanto." Darren and Houndoom stood and stared at the train.​

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• "Oh I am sorry Tulip. I didn't know you wanted to talk to me. As for walking at normal speed. I may have been able to, but I haven't exactly learned how Speed Boost works on humans yet. So I don't know exactly what I have to be doing for it to activate. Honestly, I don't have much control over my abilities most of the time. But yeah, we can talk on the train. I know that I can control it while I am sleeping, sitting or just standing. We don't need speed boost kicking in when I am pushing now do we? It would have been a wild and bumpy ride. And it may have hurt you more than anything."

"Oh. I understand. Its okay we always have the train honey." she smiled at him. She rolled herself to the man on the counter and took out her credit card and handed it to the man, he swiped it and handed it back. She rolled herself over by a bench.

"Hey Shadow... Can I have a hug? Its been kinda a long couple of days for me and I could really use one." she said almost innocently. She weakly stood up and smiled. The pink light shining around her. Her aura was very strong, she couldn't help it... it was kinda like Shadows speed boost. It just kinda happens. Yes, she liked Shadow and she didn't mind that her aura and touch would make him like her.

Back