• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokémon? (Week 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Who's That Pokémon? (Week 6)

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our weekly contest of "Who's That Pokémon?"! Once a week every Sunday I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8x. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Overview

• Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
    • The clue is a 30x30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Squirrel a PM with your answer once you've figured it out - answer as many times as you want per week but only your final answer counts!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them, that's the fun of this game afterall!
    • Submit your answers before midnight (GMT) on Saturday after the picture is posted if you want them to count!
    Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from correctly guessing each week's Pokémon. (Hover over for descriptions!)

KyqhOAr.png
    Lr1vkr8.png
    lL8F9ql.png

Clue - Week 6

bcItS0p.png

Good luck, and feel free to also discuss last week's answer and winners in this thread! :D

Sirfetch’d

I forgot about the last one, though I never would have guessed Hari aaaaaaaaaa. Going to get this one though for sure!

Sirfetch’d

Sent in an answer but it's probs wrong :((( this is a hard one!

Years
  • The first I easily found. It's much easier to quick-eye-scan when you use a color that isnt so common.

Thanks for the Trapinch count on the previous one Squirrel, and Revise, I havent done anything this time, just predicted chaos >:D

dest

Boneash
    Years
  • the moment I had the solution for the last one I somehow had to think of a certain robot summoning a "Garbage-Eyes Fat Dragon" (or TCG: Googly-Eyes Drum Dragon) for some reason Oo
    anyway, got it, and send it right away this time^^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Mmmm....not sure what this one is. I had several ideas but when I looked at the DW art for them none of 'em matched =/

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Man, there are so many possibilities. I never realized so many pokemon had a chest that has that pattern in that general colour. :(

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Just watch me say "I got this!" and end up procrastinating until the last minute again... <_<

But anyway, I totally got this!

I somehow had to think of a certain robot summoning a "Garbage-Eyes Fat Dragon" (or TCG: Googly-Eyes Drum Dragon) for some reason Oo

Hehe, you mean Orbital 7 from ZEXAL? xD

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Fun! ♪ Fun! ♪ Fun! ♪

Hariyama caught my eye when I was scrolling through the PD pokedex for an entirely different reason hehe. I think I have six more wins to go before I get that second emblem. c:

Now this week looks promising *puts thinking cap on*

Edit: I got dis!

Last edited:

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • This one was a bit harder than last week , I hope I have the right one.

How can you see your emblems, I can't find mine in my profile?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • How can you see your emblems, I can't find mine in my profile?

Then you don't have any yet. But as you guessed last week's Pokémon rightly, you should have at least that emblem. But emblems aren't handed out automatically, so you have to wait for a moderator to hand it out, which can take a good while sometimes. But as:

Please let me know if you're supposed to be on this list and I didn't include you (or if you haven't received your emblem within 3 days) and I'll check your answer PM and make sure to sort it!

You just have to poke Squirrel. ;)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Hold on, it's Saturday already?! Not good, not good, not good. Better start cramming before it's too late.

EDIT: Okay, looks like I might have this one down... hopefully. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    How can you see your emblems, I can't find mine in my profile?
    Apologies, I've had a suuuper busy week with final exams, trips home, landlord troubles and Eurovision, so emblems slipped my mind a little haha. I'll get on it after announcing this week's winners :D

Incidentally,

You have 8 hours left to answer this week's clue - send in your final votes ASAP!​

Usually it ends at midnight but since I usually give some warning I will give a little extra time :)

Edit: All emblems should be up to date now!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hi guys, it's time for another answer! This week's contest is now over and it's time to reveal our winners...

696.png

Tyrunt!

Specifically the indent on his knee! Congrats to those of you that got it right, now let's take a look at some of the other answers we saw...

This week's winners: Lanayru, Revise Librarian, Pidgey, NoOneAtAll, Mewtwolover, jdthebud, WriterRaven, Guardian, DyingWillFlareon, Lycanthropy, dest, Francois
    Other answers received: Tauros, Gyarados, Rampardos, Omanyte, Kangaskhan, Kabutops, Pumpkabo, Baltoy, Sandshrew

Please let me know if you're supposed to be on this list and I didn't include you (or if you haven't received your emblem within 3 days) and I'll check your answer PM and make sure to sort it! Also sorry for any old usernames, still getting used to the new ones ^_^

We had a lot of interesting answers this week and less than half of the submitted answers were correct - looks like this one was a bit harder than people expected! If anyone wants to know how many answers they've gotten right so far then feel free to send me a message and I'll let you know - we're getting closer and closer to week 10 already. Stay tuned for next week's puzzle coming up later today and as always feel free to discuss your answers and the winners in this thread until then!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I was thinking of Omanyte and Sandsrew but went for Gyarados ;_; I applaud everyone who got it right, I would never have thought it was Tyrunt's knee o.o'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back