• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Haha. Sushi actually sounds pretty grand with that idea in mind! Just think about it, the other store all ordering Qwilfish and slowwwly eating them right then and there.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
That brings up a good point: how does food work in the world of Cornered? Are Pokemon okay with potentially eating the same species as their coworkers? Hopefully there won't be any misunderstandings.

I'm down with sushi. Furins are Japanese. Rina might have trouble with chopsticks, though. Hopefully the bar won't be too traditional.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Haha. Sushi actually sounds pretty grand with that idea in mind! Just think about it, the other store all ordering Qwilfish and slowwwly eating them right then and there.

Haha well pufferfish are super poisonous when eaten so that's a thought

That brings up a good point: how does food work in the world of Cornered? Are Pokemon okay with potentially eating the same species as their coworkers? Hopefully there won't be any misunderstandings.

I'm down with sushi. Furins are Japanese. Rina might have trouble with chopsticks, though. Hopefully the bar won't be too traditional.

I honestly don't even know if there are animals in the PokeWorld, I mean Castiel did mention ants in his most recent post. I made Errol eat crab and crustaceans because that's one of the things real life pufferfish eat.

Years
That is a very good question, somethings thats pretty inconsistent when it comes to Pokemon. I mean, just think about all the times in the shows that they've eaten meat, that steak had to come from somewhere.

I'm fine with making this a bit awkward and having the store sell meat as food, makes for some interesting situations. Or could just go with how the rest of the games seem to do it, like pokemon eating fruit and berries in mystery dungeon.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Here's an idea: In Pokemon communities like Jubilee, "civilized" Pokemon could swear not to eat other Pokemon while Pokemon that weren't part of said communities could be like "I eat what I want". That could incorporate the diet of berries and the fruit from PMD.

Oh and speaking of that post, Fox, Castiel described the ants as "squirmy black things". That could say a lot about Pokemon-animal relationships; the former doesn't really understand the latter.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
True. Perhaps there are just some animals raised as food then? I mean, we have a Miltank farm where cows are kept just to pump out milk. Perhaps there are more feral minded mon who are raised as cattle then?

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
You people and your philosophical debates about an already confusing universe.

Well, Pikachu is an electric mouse, right? That's its species category. That hints to the fact that there are regular mice in this universe, so on and so forth. And when you read Pokedex entries, you may stumble upon some real-life mentions of places, like how Mew was discovered in the jungles of Guyana, or that Xatu has its own superstitious symbolism in South America, or that China reveres Arcanine.

And let's not forget Indian elephants.

My decision to include ants is my interpretation of this Gen XI move, Infestation, which is a Bug-type move, and its animation looks like ants or mites are invading the foe. I don't know what else would infest when Bug-type Pokemon are at least two-feet tall. And battle animations for Vespiquen's signature moves look like regular bees, so that was a part of it too.

There are regular animals. Even Zygarde 10% looks like a straight up Doberman, let's be real here.

But the question is whether or not these greatly personified Pokemon personalities here also raise real animals to eat. Regular fish seem to be no problem, since there have been mentions of salmon and eel and the like in games, but if you guys are talking about sushi, then you're not going to get a diner, which is more about American burgers and fries. You're going to get a sushi restaurant, instead.

So, American diner or sit-in sushi bar?

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
It's confusing because we don't have much to work with. Game Freak doesn't answer the important questions.

BUT THE TRUTH IS REVEALED! Except you didn't answer the important questions either, Jauntier. Would it be appropriate in Jubilee for, say, a Mightyena to be like "BOY, I'M SO HUNGRY, I COULD EAT A WHOLE DEERLING, LITERALLY!!" or would that earn them some disturbed looks?

ew America. jk, but I vote sushi.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I don't know why I even asked you weebs, but we'll see if sushi becomes the predictable answer. It's +2 for sushi, zip for the good ol' U.S.A.

Eating other Pokemon in Jubilee is illegal or whatever. Ave Maria, don't make me answer these tough questions. Why did you make it so dark?

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Now you know how it feels to be Nintendo, I suppose. AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING DARK, HUH!?

I'm just gonna go with my "I solemnly swear" headcanon for now. Promise to not eat another Pokemon or you get booted from the premises, you sick-o.

I wanna go to To-k-yo / Watch out Tokyo, you're gonna lose!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
/ peeks head around corner

yoooo so I've been eyeing this rp for like a month and for some reason never joined but I see you have one last slot left advertised on your title for the store I wanted to be apart of

That's still a thing, correct?​

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Now you know how it feels to be Nintendo, I suppose. AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING DARK, HUH!?

I'm just gonna go with my "I solemnly swear" headcanon for now. Promise to not eat another Pokemon or you get booted from the premises, you sick-o.

I wanna go to To-k-yo / Watch out Tokyo, you're gonna lose!

Nothing's wrong with dark. Light is just inherently superior.

It's something to deliberate as the GM, certainly. But none of you punks are gonna try and go all Donner Pass on me and eat each other. Castiel and Amaryllis can't afford to pay worker's comp to the families of the grieving. At least do it off the store premises.

/ peeks head around corner

yoooo so I've been eyeing this rp for like a month and for some reason never joined but I see you have one last slot left advertised on your title for the store I wanted to be apart of

That's still a thing, correct?​

Oh yes, certainly! Go ahead, form a character. Spots are not reserved, so the only thing you can do about it is write me a good fit for Forget-Me-Not. But don't feel rushed. I don't suspect someone will swipe the spot before you, in all truth.

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Hey, I make like 12.50 an hour at Walmart.

Also I went to read some of Quilfish's pokedex entries, and a few of them mention that Quilfish have trouble swimming overall.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Hey, I make like 12.50 an hour at Walmart.

Also I went to read some of Quilfish's pokedex entries, and a few of them mention that Quilfish have trouble swimming overall.

> 12.50
When did unions suddenly gain the power to pull for better wages against superstar giant, Walmart?

Unless you're doing it full-time.

Yeah, I've been reading and comparing different version Dex entries because they inform me of Pokemon properly, and you get a few gems sometimes in a version that happens to introduce a completely different subject about a Pokemon you didn't even know, or to fuse what feels like opposing accounts.

All the customers you guys will be getting will be interesting. I have one character I think everyone will like. Everyone.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Fox you're an egg

Three eggs

That's it

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh, I remember that short! Hahaha, it's a great blast of nostalgia.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Cicaro the Eleventh

- Application For Forget-Me-Not -- - Shiny Furret -- - Male -- - Level 23
- Quick Attack -- - Helping Hand -- - Follow Me -- - Trick

- Background

----------If you know anything about the breeding habits of Furret, you'd know that they can be reproductive fiends: typically, an expecting mother can produce seven eggs at once. Coming from a batch of twelve - especially one succeeding a litter of nine two years prior - a Sentret with glimmering fur, whose unique appearance would've generated favoritism amongst other species, found that he was treated with no such specialty. They christened him Cicaro, the namesake his father's lineage dubbed "shiny" family members with for the last few generations; this particular rendition being the Eleventh. His Smeargle father wasn't a creative creature (ironically), but the name itself wasn't too bothersome on his son until yet another litter - this time a league of four - was produced, containing a son with the same color mutation, him being named Cicaro the Twelfth, adding to the first Cicaro's feeling of insignificance.
----------A good way to breed contempt with your growing adolescent child is to disallow them privacy, which was a policy Cicaro's parents followed religiously when dealing with their many sons and daughters. Everything from beds, toys, food, and - Arceus forbid - anything remotely resembling technology were covered in fifty grubby little pawprints and strands of brown fur by the time Cicaro had even known of its presence. His mother tried to be attentive and be a figure in every one of her children's lives, but it only ran her down as the years passed until she barely moved at all when she came home from work; not counting the days when she would find the inspiration to be that ideal woman again, only to revert back to her tired self at the end of the day. Cicaro appreciated his mother's sporadic attempts and still harbors some fondness for her, but in a home that would've comfortably suited only family of four, maybe five or six, Cicaro mainly felt resentment towards his family as he drowned in lake of his sibling's noise and disgustingly warm breath every day. There was no such thing as attention specially dedicated to him, other than the times when he was blamed for trouble (an event that occurred often in a house so densely populated) and the numerous stares he got when the family went out in public; gawked by onlookers who had never seen so many shades of Sentret, ending with a rose-striped period lethargically trotting behind the pack.
----------It was sometime shortly following his early evolution that he began spending long hours of the night at the kitchen table when everyone else was packed away upstairs in bed. He used that time to develop a fancy for sketching various things after he decided he was no good at writing stories, and a habit of idly doodling on walls and whatever he got his paws on; always making sure to sign his creations "Chic," a nickname he gave himself at school to help his teachers differentiate him from his younger brother of the same name. Equipped with the feeling that the only individuality he had came from a supply of cynicism, a taste for hot berry teas, and pointless talent for ruining blank spaces with messy ink drawings, he gathered what money he saved from his part-time position at a fortune-telling psychic-type shop and moved into a cramped, dinky little apartment right in the center of the neighboring town of Jubilee. He figured he'd try to start a career as some sort of cartoonist or freelance artist or whatever-anyone-will-have-him-do-for-money, although his main concern is convincing himself that he is a separate, autonomous being from the laissez-faire clan of obnoxious Long Body Pokémon he came from. The first step on his new venture appears to be applying for a job in a flower shop, and while the Florges woman seemed a bit too uptight for his liking, the position might give him the hours he needs to pursue other things; or, at least, earn him enough money so he doesn't have to move back in with his family.

- Personality
----------It's easy to see him as rude. Even when he's not trying to be witty his comments range in color from distastefully dry to unnecessarily savage with no particular filter or sense of social status hierarchy. Due to insecurity, he tends to excessively boast his appearance or personality features: one can insult him, and it'll provoke a self-deprecating thought or two, but the years of lacquered-on false confidence have made his ego hard to crack; the "you can't tell someone they suck if they already know" philosophy. Though, he's not made of ice and there is a vulnerable heart there that feels sympathy for others, but it does not articulate itself well when it does show. He firmly disbelieves in "trying to see the good in people," because he apparently has "met several terrible people far more functional and constructive than a lot of 'good' people."
----------He's gone through a bit of change since he left home: he's a bit more extroverted than he once was, possibly in an attempt to break through and "find who he is," and tries too hard to individualize himself from his surroundings and other people in fear of blending into the scenery. He does deal with random onsets of claustrophobia, where he demands to have "breathing room," but normally - having grown up in a house with no set personal boundaries for anyone - he has a tough time recognizing when he's intruding upon others' space and often gets close and personal. He occasionally gets lost in thought and goes into a trance-like state; having developed an ability to shut out sound whenever he wishes.
----------His hands have a tough time staying still and you can often find him drawing on a surface that's available. With the amount of scolding he received from the scratchy voice of his crotchety Alakazam boss at his old job, he has grown wiser and began to use washable dry-erase markers when using the front counter as a canvas. Current sketching favorites include self-portraits, biological diagrams, and flowers; that last one being either subconscious preparation for applying to Forget-Me-Not or the reason he gravitated to working at a flower shop in the first place. His hands are also good for other things ... like casual, harmless theft. For instance, he stole the small novelty magnifying glass he always tries to keep somewhere on his person from his old job. It's supposedly enchanted in some way, but he only uses for the mundane purpose of reading: being far-sighted in the Pokémon world does not do you any favors. Apparently his old boss didn't truly have that great of psychic foresight if he never noticed.
----------But if you asked him, he'd probably simply state the fact that he's a Gemini, which usually satiates people.

- Appearance
----------Unlike most of his species, whose colors range from a pale creme to hazelnut, Cicaro's mutant genetic code sprouts a notably shimmery coat dyed a deep shade of pink. His fur leans on the side of shaggy now that he's been flanked with more adult matters to attend to like paying rent for his new apartment; so it appears that hygiene is in order, but grooming has taken a back seat. Either way, the length doesn't bother him much, and he sarcastically tries to pass it as the "I-don't-care or I-actually-spend-tons-of-effort-making-it-seem-like-I-don't-care" look.
----------One wouldn't be hard-pressed to find him sporting a striped scarf (that wouldn't know what color-coordination was even if you explained it) that his mother bought for him as a goodbye present, which he has taken to pinning various buttons on and using as the springboard for several "fashion disaster" jokes about himself. It makes him stick out and serves wonderful double-duty as a huge pocket to keep small items in, which is more than what he needs out of it. It came paired with an
SuPawPrint_zpsdeqjzxzh.png
Chic
equally atrocious knit cap he only really wears when it's raining. He does keep in stock various other ugly scarves for when that one gets dirty or tedious, and a pair of wool mittens for when it gets cold.

Last edited:
Back