• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
  • Well, I mean, I went back, thought about and said to myself, "Is a blue stripe really all that suspicious, even to a somewhat skittish Braixen?" I thought that there was a thump or something of that nature, so that's why I had originally planned for her to get spooked and bust him. Otherwise, now even less so that there is no shadow, I felt that she could dismiss it with ease. However, that mumble was in earshot of Castiel, so maybe he has something to say about it? Also, would you like me to edit the post to remove the mention of the shadow?

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Well, I mean, I went back, thought about and said to myself, "Is a blue stripe really all that suspicious, even to a somewhat skittish Braixen?" I thought that there was a thump or something of that nature, so that's why I had originally planned for her to get spooked and bust him. Otherwise, now even less so that there is no shadow, I felt that she could dismiss it with ease. However, that mumble was in earshot of Castiel, so maybe he has something to say about it? Also, would you like me to edit the post to remove the mention of the shadow?

Good critical thinking. I like that.

Oh, I was just saying for your own sake that the shadow couldn't be his, because it came off as if it was unattributed in your post. It could be the slight shadow of the cash register from a slightly more forward overhead light, for all I care. If you want to edit the post, you could have Blair reflect just a little more on the shadow, because it's kind of up in the air about that.

Jauntier

Years
  • HA HA HA

Silver straight up doesn't even like Errol, I just laaaughed. And poor thing took Blair's comments personally.

I like these character dynamics, people! I like this relationship building, this is getting good guys!

Years
  • Well, Silver likes Errol, just not as a coworker. I kind of based her off of some of my own personality traits in some ways. She is extroverted, unlike me, but like me she doesn't like it when people don't or can't work hard.

So yeah, I guess Silver doesn't like working with Errol. I can name more than a few coworkers where I feel the same way. To be fair though, not really Errol's fault.

Jauntier

Years
  • I can name more than a few coworkers where I feel the same way.

You mean real-life co-workers, I hope. Ohoho~

Yes, yes, that's fair.

On another note, I like to think everyone puts a little something of themselves into their character, just to keep a thread of relation between the two. I know that I'm only able to manage these two long-term characters Castiel and Amaryllis because--and I think I've mentioned it before--they are based off of bastardized characterizations of my worst traits, exaggerated.

... Well, okay, they're not that bad, but they're.... pretty bad. I love it. It's a proper outlet for good-natured animosity and petty scraping, with a few sprinklings of tender moments thrown in there for the rest of you, because even angry cocky retail associates are fallible to other emotions, after all.

This is all character development for me as well. I'm trying to maneuver my two through this mess, right there with you guys.

I did just think of an idea, though. I have lunch and dinner hours scheduled on a rotation basis, since there would be a lull in customers as they too would be out eating around these times. Originally, I planned for a few of you at a time to just sit in your Supply Rooms and eat after takeout was ordered. Would you instead like me to make available a nice walk-in diner for you lot to visit? You can all sit down, order food, and talk to your co-workers properly for once. You might even catch a glimpse of the opposing team, maybe have a chance to unwittingly interact. What do you think?

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • I like the idea of a walk in diner. I wonder how well they would all get along. This is for all of the members of the stores, right, so that the two sets of employees could commingle?

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yes please, hunny. Diners drive-ins and dives

Oh Jaunt you're soooo humble, yawn But I can definitely see hints of you in Castiel and Amaryllis. Is Castiel your woman-loving side and Amaryllis your man-loving side? I think I'm putting more of myself into Rina than I first expected...

Jauntier

Years
  • I like the idea of a walk in diner. I wonder how well they would all get along. This is for all of the members of the stores, right, so that the two sets of employees could commingle?

It's a diner, but even though I as the GM am making it an exclusive place for your characters to sit down and bow out of the bustle of work for an hour, in the actual story universe, the diner itself is not exclusive to the two stores. It will be busy with many other patrons. You just won't be the ones serving them this time.

You may never even see the rival store members. It will depend on the set up, which I will mull over later, since it seems to be a liked idea.

Yes please, hunny. Diners drive-ins and dives

Oh Jaunt you're soooo humble, yawn But I can definitely see hints of you in Castiel and Amaryllis. Is Castiel your woman-loving side and Amaryllis your man-loving side? I think I'm putting more of myself into Rina than I first expected...

+2 for diner.

No. Castiel is my sardonic, reserved, analytical scholar. Amaryllis is my hyperbolic, ostentatious, flaunting socialite. I am all these great things and more, hunty.

Yeah? How so?

As for the diner idea, yeah, I can dig that.

+3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    As for Gabriel, he's actually nothing like me. I tend to be someone who just shuts himself off from every other person, cause that's what I like. Gabriel himself is actually a character I had going in a fic I was writing that I discontinued some years ago. He was basically the child of a small time crime family who was naive about the whole situation his family was in. I figured I could just bring him into this and just mature his character by a few more years.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Is there any of Blair in me? A little bit, for being a bit sarcastic and snarky as I can sometimes be in the real life. I have a cool head for the most part, but I can get heated when debating someone, especially if it's about politics, something that's probably not applicable to a town run by Pokemon. I'm a fan of certain cutesy things, be it Pokemon or something else. Oh yeah, and I inserted the bit about being skittish around the "law" (police and the like) as a part of her character as well (forgot to mention that in the SU, would it be ok if I retroactively added that little bit) Don't worry though, I'm not this abrasive in my mannerisms; I'm usually polite and whatnot, if a bit awkward.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    imma hunt-y your ass with my gun-that-straight-bestest, Jaunt Jemima. pop pop

idk how to describe it, I'm kind of just pulling inspiration from unsavory social experiences I've had in the past and using that to base how Rina responds to, say, Amaryllis. like when Rina has to immediately dash out into the alley with the lanterns in her tail, i felt that was something i might have done, or it was at least an action i could relate to.

my wind chime is acting pretty humanly in-general, i think. probably not specifically like yours truly. i don't think it's bothersome in this case because of how personified the Pokemon are in this RP. if this were a Trainer-Pokemon RP, she'd probably just be staring eerily off into space most of the time.

more like +2 favor, eyy

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Jaunt Jemima.

11/10

I'm definitely voting for a diner. ERROL AND SAM HAVE TO MEET GOD DAMN IT

I like to imagine I have my innocence stuffed in the little ball of spikes that is Errol. I'm definitely not as shy as him but I do think his simple outlook on the world and his impressionable personality resembles me a lot.

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
    Years
  • I vote for the Diner idea as well, it would kinda be like a sitcom don't ya' think?

As for Sam, he's me when I meet new people times a million.

Jauntier

Years
  • Gabriel himself is actually a character I had going in a fic I was writing that I discontinued some years ago.

Reuse and development of an old character, that's fine, that's fair. I'm unsure if I've technically done that before myself, reusing a character. Maybe I have. A character like a more mild or more charming Castiel carries all of the traits I find easy to convey, so in I way, I likely have.

Is there any of Blair in me? A little bit, for being a bit sarcastic and snarky as I can sometimes be in the real life. I have a cool head for the most part, but I can get heated when debating someone, especially if it's about politics, something that's probably not applicable to a town run by Pokemon. I'm a fan of certain cutesy things, be it Pokemon or something else. Oh yeah, and I inserted the bit about being skittish around the "law" (police and the like) as a part of her character as well (forgot to mention that in the SU, would it be ok if I retroactively added that little bit) Don't worry though, I'm not this abrasive in my mannerisms; I'm usually polite and whatnot, if a bit awkward.

Oh, don't worry. Jubilee is run by a mayor, and there are a couple other Pokemon-run towns neighboring. There is definitely politics afoot. Later on in the story, you guys will have a glimpse at Reginald.

You don't have to edit your app to describe something minor like that. This just shows that you've developed your character since the time you signed up, is all. In fact, I would prefer you edit nothing so that by the end of this, we can see just how much your character's depth has expanded since.

imma hunt-y your ass with my gun-that-straight-bestest, Jaunt Jemima. pop pop

idk how to describe it, I'm kind of just pulling inspiration from unsavory social experiences I've had in the past and using that to base how Rina responds to, say, Amaryllis. like when Rina has to immediately dash out into the alley with the lanterns in her tail, i felt that was something i might have done, or it was at least an action i could relate to.

my wind chime is acting pretty humanly in-general, i think. probably not specifically like yours truly. i don't think it's bothersome in this case because of how personified the Pokemon are in this RP. if this were a Trainer-Pokemon RP, she'd probably just be staring eerily off into space most of the time.

more like +2 favor, eyy

Ok Yung Venuz, why don't you reach into you cash heap and fund yourself some lip reduction, you tessellated thug.

Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, the way that this role-play heavily personifies, as you said, I just expect everyone to have their characters react in ways that make sense of a human, to an extent. Vices, virtues, and everything.

Chimecho's face wigs me out, honestly. Vacant staring gives me the heebies.

Spora might as well be my own inner monologue given I work at Walmart.

But Spora's working at a wholesome boutique designing minimalism. Some minimum wage jobs are just better than others.

11/10

I'm definitely voting for a diner. ERROL AND SAM HAVE TO MEET GOD DAMN IT

I like to imagine I have my innocence stuffed in the little ball of spikes that is Errol. I'm definitely not as shy as him but I do think his simple outlook on the world and his impressionable personality resembles me a lot.

+4

I always feel like I want to take advantage of impressionable characters in some way. That probably sounds more like a Freudian slip or the confession of a predator than anything, but I mean it to say that I kind of like... picking on them, or taking them under my wing. It's like an invitation to interact with them in a dominant way for me, somehow.

I sound like a school bully or a child abductor, but you know what I mean.

I vote for the Diner idea as well, it would kinda be like a sitcom don't ya' think?

As for Sam, he's me when I meet new people times a million.

+5

Sam is endearing. His inner monologue versus his fumbled mush mouth terror that are his lines are charming. But that's only because he's a Bidoof. If you did that around me, I'd probably ask you where your caretaker was.

Years
  • Probably should have said this earlier, but you have my vote for the diner as well. Great way for the two teams to interact!

Also, loved the post Jaunt! Guess I have some creative license on the slushie accident in question.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Dammit, well Blair now actually has to clean up the mess. I'm gonna take an educated guess and assume that the stripe is "wet" since the poor Kecleon has probably been sweating a lot and the strip might sheen a bit. Now she'll grumble but comply with the request since I imagine Errol's overprotective mother briefed the employees about employee discrimination herself, yelling at Blair when she rolled her eyes at her and made a snarky comment or two towards Errol.

Jauntier

Years
  • Probably should have said this earlier, but you have my vote for the diner as well. Great way for the two teams to interact!

Also, loved the post Jaunt! Guess I have some creative license on the slushie accident in question.

Yessir!

Go wild...

Be free...

I'll make a poll as to what type of restaurant you lot want it to be, based off of a few formed concepts, myself.

Dammit, well Blair now actually has to clean up the mess. I'm gonna take an educated guess and assume that the stripe is "wet" since the poor Kecleon has probably been sweating a lot and the strip might sheen a bit. Now she'll grumble but comply with the request since I imagine Errol's overprotective mother briefed the employees about employee discrimination herself, yelling at Blair when she rolled her eyes at her and made a snarky comment or two towards Errol.

It doesn't matter if the stripe is wet or not, really. I was emphasizing more about actually interacting with the stripe. If Blair touches it, it'll feel like something she certainly did not expect--which is to say, skin. But that's if Blair decides to touch it anyway, or just go off and get the spray regardless, leaving Varien an opportunity to possibly escape, now that Castie'ls back is turned.

As for Errol's mother, I suppose that's something I and Foxrally will discuss.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • This is what Silver gets for disliking Errol. A Qwilfishful of love <3

As for the type of diner I personally vote for a fish/crab bar. Errol wouldn't really want to eat after his forceful lunch but he could force himself ;)

Back