• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Would you like a Pokemon Sun and Moon starter as a guest customer?

• Total voters

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • I mean if that's what you prefer I suppose we can't force you to take the opportunity; but I won't say I wasn't totally hyped at the idea of you joining us. I didn't see it as intrusive at all. :/

But please continue your shitposting; I aim to make this thread one big cesspool by the end of this RP.​

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I guess my **** applications isnt good enough for Disclosed. I'm going to cry in a hole now.

Though to be honest, the waiting was why I didnt feel like posting. I really wanted to see the outcome. So now I can feel free to only post in 2 RP's.

But I suppose it is a good thing cuz now i can devote mote time to this thing. Hopefully by the end of today somrthing will be up.

Sorry for mamy excuses they are terrible excuses.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    I guess my **** applications isnt good enough for Disclosed. I'm going to cry in a hole now.

Aaaaay, don't worry, matey! You can get my spot after Car-Coal gets ejected ASAP from the continent after he vigorously copulates with his slug-dragon on stage!

Ech is the kinda person who would lead you on in a relationship, and then when you propose with 448 Rubix cubes solved and put together to replicate their visage, is like "Oh no, I was just your emotional support".

This is so oddly specific that I have to bring myself to ask, is this a reference to something or are you speaking purely out of personal experience? If the latter, my condolences for your loss and I would definitely be swooned by that, by the way.

I should have elaborated why I would feel like I'm intruding, though in hindsight that's probably neither the nicest and most accurate term for this. I just don't want to feel like there's some sort of accolade behind my inclusion just because I'm some plucky fan-girl that shamelessly decided to add onto to this disgusting squalid OCC thread and annoy everyone out of sheer boredom. I don't know, I want to assume that there are still other people that quietly lurk here who still wish to join the RP and I really wouldn't want to overshadow them. Maybe I'm overestimating Jaunt here to the point I may even be blatantly brown-nosing, but I imagine a lot of people are still attracted to his idea.

I already feel tingly and weird that people are still generous enough to acknowledge me. Everyone else would have just told me to GTFO. And by everyone, I mean just Jamie Marsters and their thousands of personas from Bloody Forums.

On an unrelated note, I decided to break that poll up there even further and now it is a three-way tie between Grump-cat that fart fires, Derpy the Sea Lion Clown AKA Oshawott 2.0 and nothing cuz gen 7 starters suuuuuuck. Is this poll even relevant btw?

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Where's STARDU5T?

This is so oddly specific that I have to bring myself to ask, is this a reference to something or are you speaking purely out of personal experience? If the latter, my condolences for your loss and I would definitely be swooned by that, by the way.

I should have elaborated why I would feel like I'm intruding, though in hindsight that's probably neither the nicest and most accurate term for this. I just don't want to feel like there's some sort of accolade behind my inclusion just because I'm some plucky fan-girl that shamelessly decided to add onto to this disgusting squalid OCC thread and annoy everyone out of sheer boredom. I don't know, I want to assume that there are still other people that quietly lurk here who still wish to join the RP and I really wouldn't want to overshadow them. Maybe I'm overestimating Jaunt here to the point I may even be blatantly brown-nosing, but I imagine a lot of people are still attracted to his idea.

I already feel tingly and weird that people are still generous enough to acknowledge me. Everyone else would have just told me to GTFO. And by everyone, I mean just Jamie Marsters and their thousands of personas from Bloody Forums.

On an unrelated note, I decided to break that poll up there even further and now it is a three-way tie between Grump-cat that fart fires, Derpy the Sea Lion Clown AKA Oshawott 2.0 and nothing cuz gen 7 starters suuuuuuck. Is this poll even relevant btw?

No, I actually have a life. This guy from Japan or whatever bought a bunch of Rubix cubes and fashioned them into the face of this girl he proposed to. Unfortunately, the girl said no. He can always just recycle it for the next girl he's into, I say. And yes, I did make that implication.

Hm. Nah. I think you're overthinking it in this kind of worrisome modesty. I'm offering up the chance to participate mostly as a test run for the experimental idea I had some time ago concerning having the role-play open up to let other users become customers, and what better way to test it out than on someone who's avidly read up on and participating with the cast of the role-play? It isn't that you've somehow managed to obsequiously weasel your way into the role-play by buttering me up. It's that you're here, you've shown that you have an agreeable temperament with most of the cast (and probably the rest if they popped in a little more frequently in the OOC), you're engaging and have shown consistent activity, you write understandably, and you clearly have a creative spirit that could give a great test run to this idea.

But you do not have to throw your hat into the ring for my sake. As I said, the OOC is open to everyone and we'll still enjoy and appreciate you even if you aren't in this specific RP. I otherwise can have the role-play function with all of my numerous NPC customers than to try and run the risk of a shaky "temp sign-up" for other users, with whom I don't really have a bargaining chip should they take advantage of or neglect their participation.

The poll was to see if people wanted a Gen 7 starter to appear as a special guest in the role-play. More people voted "yes" than "no", and of those in the role-play who voted yes, Popplio was most popular.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • I already feel tingly and weird that people are still generous enough to acknowledge me. Everyone else would have just told me to GTFO.

Well, between you, me, and the vivid textual hallucinations that are the other participants here, I don't tend to see non-participants dallying about in the OOCs with anything like frequency. More often the OOC is for the participants to discuss posting; and let's be honest here. How many RPers do you suppose actively read RPs they aren't involved in?

No, no, Mr/Ms Ech (I do apologize, but I'm afraid I cannot recall which you are), we aren't being generous: it is actually quite the pearl for someone to be as attentive to an RP they don't participate in. I daresay you've reminded everyone that we are actually (technically) writing a story for an audience, and we're all super-high off our fame.

I mean, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but one active reader is actually all the more I've ever had at any one time. So like, I am literally at a record level of fame right now.

Sprinkle your glory to the other far reaches of the Roleplay Theater and share the glory that is Ech! I've requested this before once, but I say it now in front of all witnesses (post-bot and otherwise): When I die I want you to throw my corpse into whatever place Ech came from so I can be that little bit closer to heaven.

Also, vigorous copulation with a Goodra in front of hundreds of onlookers is just one of those things everyone wants to do. Even if they won't admit it. Ahem, Jaunt.

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    Where's STARDU5T?

I think this is literally the only member of Cornered who hasn't said a word to me since I got here. I'm assuming they're pretty reclusive on mukposts (AKA, actually civilized). But it wouldn't be too far-fetched if they just hate me, considering that I did have Errol puke on Silver.

Jauntier said:
    Hm. Nah. I think you're overthinking it in this kind of worrisome modesty. I'm offering up the chance to participate mostly as a test run for the experimental idea I had some time ago concerning having the role-play open up to let other users become customers, and what better way to test it out than on someone who's avidly read up on and participating with the cast of the role-play? It isn't that you've somehow managed to obsequiously weasel your way into the role-play by buttering me up. It's that you're here, you've shown that you have an agreeable temperament with most of the cast (and probably the rest if they popped in a little more frequently in the OOC), you're engaging and have shown consistent activity, you write understandably, and you clearly have a creative spirit that could give a great test run to this idea.

So, in other words, I am the perfect candidate to be your designated guinea pig for all your wacky experiments! A delightful honor! I think? Well in that case, could I make the request to guest star as a clumsy Wailord who can't fit inside either of the stores but tries to anyway because he lacks spacial perception, and the entire Cornered cast desperately tries to stop him from entering and destroying everything?

Or can I just show up as a sexy Usaring for Cicaro.

(I do apologize, but I'm afraid I cannot recall which you are)

Sprinkle your glory to the other far reaches of the Roleplay Theater and share the glory that is Ech! I've requested this before once, but I say it now in front of all witnesses (post-bot and otherwise): When I die I want you to throw my corpse into whatever place Ech came from so I can be that little bit closer to heaven.

Good to know that I've made my gender a complete enigma to some of you; Fox boldly assumed I was a man without any proof.

Also, while I'm very flattered about being praised as some sort of living deity here, I don't know how I feel about having your body decay in a dank place like Detroit. I would imagine you'd be further away from nirvana, rather than the contrary.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Or can I just show up as a sexy Usaring for Cicaro.

Cornered On The Market! [T](OOC)

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years
  • Good to know that I've made my gender a complete enigma to some of you; Fox boldly assumed I was a man without any proof.

I apologize if you take offense at this, but I get a distinct effeminate vibe from you. Sure your use of "fangirl" in reference to yourself could easily be ironic, but you also used "woman or man" instead of "man or woman" when referring to yourself, giving away minor clues to our Ech being female.

HOWEVER! Perhaps you anticipated someone concluding that and placed those clues knowingly to throw off that you're a dude!

OR! Maybe you thought of THAT and purposefully left clues to your real gender to throw us off the scent!

OR EVEN! you're all just manifestations of my growing mental instability and I'm actually just typing dumbly into a word file

Also: "Detroit" is an odd way to spell "Paradise"

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Good to know that I've made my gender a complete enigma to some of you; Fox boldly assumed I was a man without any proof

bold is my middle name baby haha formatting jokes

You don't need a Jauntier in your pants (haha get it because that's what jaunt is) to qualify as manly, MIND YOU goddamn sechsist

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
    Years
  • I think this is literally the only member of Cornered who hasn't said a word to me since I got here. I'm assuming they're pretty reclusive on mukposts (AKA, actually civilized). But it wouldn't be too far-fetched if they just hate me, considering that I did have Errol puke on Silver.

If it makes you feel any better you didn't notice I hadn't conversed with you either. I shall continue my skillful wallflowering.

Jauntier

Years
  • I need to come up with a new poll and quick. This trash I have hanging up top is getting stale.

Let's do a segment where you ask business owners about themselves! There's more to Jubilee than Castiel and Amaryllis after all. It'll be fun, yeah? What do you guys think? Should I call up a couple friends of theirs and let you get acquainted in a way you never will in the IC?

I think this is literally the only member of Cornered who hasn't said a word to me since I got here. I'm assuming they're pretty reclusive on mukposts (AKA, actually civilized). But it wouldn't be too far-fetched if they just hate me, considering that I did have Errol puke on Silver.

I'm going to check and see how long it's been since he last posted, and if it's egregious, I'll give an official time frame ultimatum. Although his character isn't impeding progress as Silver is not engaged with anyone, I still require activity.

Also, have you spoken with Xtrashy? I think you two would get along like peaches and cucumber. (EDIT: SHE BEAT ME TO IT)

So, in other words, I am the perfect candidate to be your designated guinea pig for all your wacky experiments! A delightful honor! I think? Well in that case, could I make the request to guest star as a clumsy Wailord who can't fit inside either of the stores but tries to anyway because he lacks spacial perception, and the entire Cornered cast desperately tries to stop him from entering and destroying everything?

Or can I just show up as a sexy Usaring for Cicaro.

I already have a scheduled "OH GOD GET AWAY" customer scheduled for the 6 PM block. But fan service could be in order...

Good to know that I've made my gender a complete enigma to some of you; Fox boldly assumed I was a man without any proof.

You come off particularly feminine to me. In my terrible online experience with a number of forums, a lot of "males" I've met are actually girls and a lot of "agender" or "ambiguous" persons I became acquainted with have outed themselves to me as girls.

Of course I could be wrong and I respect your clear steer of announcing it either way.

But I mean

I feel like you'd have your own Ask Tumblr blog as a human female personification of the school bus from the show The Magic School Bus.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • I love that idea of getting acquainted with other business owner, to flesh out Jubilee. I would like to see what interactions I can have out of that. Let's do it

Ech

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2018
    HOWEVER! Perhaps you anticipated someone concluding that and placed those clues knowingly to throw off that you're a dude!

OR! Maybe you thought of THAT and purposefully left clues to your real gender to throw us off the scent!

You are dangerously perceptive. I must stay wary of you.

If it makes you feel any better you didn't notice I hadn't conversed with you either. I shall continue my skillful wallflowering.

I don't know if I should be mad at you for ignoring my horrendous glamorous spiels about you all, or if I should feel very bad about not realizing the fact you actually haven't "directly" interacted with me. Either way, HELLO THAR.

Jauntier said:
    I feel like you'd have your own Ask Tumblr blog as a human female personification of the school bus from the show The Magic School Bus.

You actually made me look this up because you decided to be very specific about something very odd once again. So, now I discovered that's a thing. And I also discovered Sexy the TARDIS. (I ship them)

I would say you have some weird interests on the Internet, but I realized that those two things go hand in hand together anyway, so I can't really judge.

Now, if you reveal to me that you roam the Deep Web and decide to reference something from there...

QUESTION OF THE WEEK said:
    Let's do a segment where you ask business owners about themselves! There's more to Jubilee than Castiel and Amaryllis after all. It'll be fun, yeah? What do you guys think? Should I call up a couple friends of theirs and let you get acquainted in a way you never will in the IC?

I'm just quoting this so I don't get accused of derailing.

Actually, on a more relevant note to that segment, I myself am a little curious about the mythos behind the universe Cornered is set in. I can't ask IC, because lol. But Druag's backstory about feral monsters got me to wonder how and why the Pokemon in Cornered established their own independent civilization in the first place (I love how Druag is completely deconstructing the idea of predators working with thei prey; it's like Zootopia all over again!). I feel like some of this might have been already addressed or at least touched upon in the IC (if it was explained in the OOC, screw that, I'm not THAT dedicated guys), considering there have been numerous allusions to homo sapiens, so I apologize if I missed something.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
    Years

• You are dangerously perceptive. I must stay wary of you.

Oh, dearie, the title of "Overthinking Tortoise" wasn't self-awarded, just so you know.

Something about the Cornered lore, I don't know how to actually double-quote

Oh, I've been scathingly liberal in my interpretation given that Mr. Jauntier hasn't said anything about me making such assumptions. Of course, his lengthy silence on the supplement I had written and whether or not it was cleared for his canon suggests that either I overstepped in that one or he's just been too busy for it.

Naturally, I must assume the former and begin licking his boots to appease him.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Totally would love to flesh out the other vendors and world of Cornered! out of character! Considering that Jubilee has only been up about two years and there are still feral Pokemon, yet there's illusion to other highly advanced social structures and awareness, it puts the Cornered! in a weird spot in the transition of period from human rule that might be incredibly intriguing to explore as well.​

Jauntier

Years
  • Introducing:

State Your Business!
    Building a network with your boss' pals!

Please welcome this edition's panel:

Verne the Simisage & Lumen the Chandelure

You are free to ask any appropriate question you'd like to better know your superior's fellow man!​

Jauntier

Years
  • State Your Business!

VERNE: "Heh, that's a good question, kid! One I often get, too: This rugged pomp is expertly snipped every other day I get up and out of bed. I've got the steadiest, fastest hands this side of Jubilee. That's why my landscaping business is the best around!"

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • To Verne the Simisage

#1 "So how close are you with the other vendors, like Amaryllis?"

#2 "Tell me about your worst customer experience. Dying to hear if we've encountered the same nutjobs over at Forget-Me-Not."

#3 "Do you have any family members that live around town? Your folks; maybe a wife and kids? 'Cause I can't tell you how many people I've met dying to get to know you and your fabulous hair better."
    -----
    To Lumen the Chandelure

#1 "Surely you must've done some really interesting stuff before you got into the ... what would you call this ... lamp business?"

#2 "Does the fact you're a Ghost-type help or hinder your profits? Just asking, seeing as my own boss prattles off all sorts of phasmophobic things at the Mismagius across the street; I was wondering if the general public shared the sentiment."

#3 "Wait a minute ... somebody told me you were shiny, but shiny Chandelures have orange flames and they aren't ... okay, tell me the story."

Back