• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
6xJv545.jpg

Overwatch
Systems: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC Developer: Blizzard Entertainment

In a time of global crisis, an international task force of heroes banded together to restore peace to a war-torn world. This organization, known as Overwatch, ended the crisis and helped maintain peace for a generation, inspiring an era of exploration, innovation, and discovery. After many years, Overwatch's influence waned and it was eventually disbanded. Now in the wake of its dismantling, conflict is rising once again. Overwatch may be gone…but the world still needs heroes.

Via the cinematic trailer above, or based on your experiences following the game, what are your thoughts on Overwatch? Is this something you would pick up if it was available on your system? Give us your thoughts on the game through your comments below
credit to youtube for background info.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I don't own the game myself, but I did get a chance to play it on PS4 the other week when they made it free for a weekend, and I still play it occasionally on my friend's X1. It's definitely something I'm considering buying.

It's a fun game, overall. The characters are entertaining, the art style is great and everything just works. I do wish they would add some sort of story mode, however, as the gameplay really has nothing to do with the story that the cinematics portray, which is a shame.

Right now I just can't get over the fact that the security guard in that trailer was playing Hearthstone. Lol

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Seems that old Overwatch topic from months ago is long dead..

I already have Overwatch months and months ago, on PC, and i have been steadily improving at least on certain characters and even role pools.

However, with new content coming from Overwatch such as the hopefully confirmed Sombra, new champion, after Ana, and some new maps and even modes, more and more players will be flooding in, and even those who stopped may come back to dip right into the action once again.

Its always a thing with Blizzo's games. For some reason, they get fun for quite a while, then after a long period of playing, somehow i veer far away, then next patch comes new content or even some interesting changes to heroes.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Seems that old Overwatch topic from months ago is long dead..

I already have Overwatch months and months ago, on PC, and i have been steadily improving at least on certain characters and even role pools.

However, with new content coming from Overwatch such as the hopefully confirmed Sombra, new champion, after Ana, and some new maps and even modes, more and more players will be flooding in, and even those who stopped may come back to dip right into the action once again.

Its always a thing with Blizzo's games. For some reason, they get fun for quite a while, then after a long period of playing, somehow i veer far away, then next patch comes new content or even some interesting changes to heroes.
Have you seen the leaks of Sombra? They look genuine to say the least. Here's a snapshot of the believed character.

Attachments

• IMG_5819.PNG
    IMG_5819.PNG
    133.6 KB · Views: 2

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I have it for PC. I don't really play it much, but I'll probably get back into it since I need the practice. I'm terrible at it lol.

Years
Man, those costumes look nice. Witch Mercy and Jack-O'-Lantern Ana are definitely my favorites. Excited to play with them!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Those Russian hackers sure caught Blizzo's Overwatch team with their pants down. I wonder how Jeff Kaplan (lead Overwatch guy) would respond to the leaked hacks. I hope that Blizzo keeps their cool and not make any delays or drastic changes just because some Russian Spetznas were able to hack em.

Now, call me a wisher, call me a preacher, call me anything but I have some wishlists for Overwatch in 2017:

Icon-reaper.png

**Reaper Changes:
+ Increase his "Fire Rate" inbetween his Shotgun blasts
Context: He wields dual shotguns but the delay before he fires his next round i feel is too slow. Make it a few milliseconds faster to increase his DPS and make assassinating people with Reaper far more devastating.

--> Reaper's current "Fire Rate" is 2 shots per second. That isn't very cool for me. It would be nice for it to be at least 2.5 shots per second. The faster "fire rate" is needed for him to be able to do what he's supposed to do, which is to assassinate people the very second he gets closer to his prey.

+ ALT FIRE = Double Hellfire -> Reaper Fires both of his Hellfire Shotguns at a target with massively increased damage. Has a cooldown of 9 seconds. Cannot apply critical multipliers
Context: Seriously. Why doesn't Reaper have an Alt Fire while others like McCree, Soldier, heck even Roadhogg has and with varying uses (Soldier = AOE, McCree = Fan Spam, Roadhogg = Long rage slugs). I figured that to balance out this new Alt Fire for Reaper, this shouldn't apply any headshot multpliers because if I were to calculate how much damage a double hellfire blast can be along with my yet proposed numbers for the "massive damage increase", this can literally 1shot anyone (2-3 shot bulkier targets) without any buffs.

+ Lessen his shotgun spread (thus increasing his drop off range)
= At least make Reaper be able to deal damage in some ranges right? I'm not asking for LUL sniper range, but at least make him still hit people, not just on sweeping range. Reaper's damage drop off is hilariously bad.

+ Decrease channel time of Shadowstep from 2 seconds to 1.3 seconds
= I feel that Reaper for an assassin, his lack of in combat mobility aside from Wraith Form (Which at its current state is an excellent skill) is kinda hurting his role as the short ranged Burst assassin that Blizzo's try harding for. Assassins should have at least one more method of escape should a situation goes horribly wrong. Reaper right now is sorta lacking. I don't want to make any changes to Wraith Form as I mentioned before, its great. But I think Shadowstep needs a faster channel time to make it even more viable.

Context of these changes:
= Pretty simple -> At least make Reaper be more viable in competitive play other than a typical pubstomping character against lower skilled players in Quick Play.

Oh lul, I only listed my Reaper wishlist changes. XD

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Those Russian hackers sure caught Blizzo's Overwatch team with their pants down. I wonder how Jeff Kaplan (lead Overwatch guy) would respond to the leaked hacks. I hope that Blizzo keeps their cool and not make any delays or drastic changes just because some Russian Spetznas were able to hack em.

Now, call me a wisher, call me a preacher, call me anything but I have some wishlists for Overwatch in 2017:

Icon-reaper.png

**Reaper Changes:
+ Increase his "Fire Rate" inbetween his Shotgun blasts
Context: He wields dual shotguns but the delay before he fires his next round i feel is too slow. Make it a few milliseconds faster to increase his DPS and make assassinating people with Reaper far more devastating.

--> Reaper's current "Fire Rate" is 2 shots per second. That isn't very cool for me. It would be nice for it to be at least 2.5 shots per second. The faster "fire rate" is needed for him to be able to do what he's supposed to do, which is to assassinate people the very second he gets closer to his prey.

+ ALT FIRE = Double Hellfire -> Reaper Fires both of his Hellfire Shotguns at a target with massively increased damage. Has a cooldown of 9 seconds. Cannot apply critical multipliers
Context: Seriously. Why doesn't Reaper have an Alt Fire while others like McCree, Soldier, heck even Roadhogg has and with varying uses (Soldier = AOE, McCree = Fan Spam, Roadhogg = Long rage slugs). I figured that to balance out this new Alt Fire for Reaper, this shouldn't apply any headshot multpliers because if I were to calculate how much damage a double hellfire blast can be along with my yet proposed numbers for the "massive damage increase", this can literally 1shot anyone (2-3 shot bulkier targets) without any buffs.

+ Lessen his shotgun spread (thus increasing his drop off range)
= At least make Reaper be able to deal damage in some ranges right? I'm not asking for LUL sniper range, but at least make him still hit people, not just on sweeping range. Reaper's damage drop off is hilariously bad.

+ Decrease channel time of Shadowstep from 2 seconds to 1.3 seconds
= I feel that Reaper for an assassin, his lack of in combat mobility aside from Wraith Form (Which at its current state is an excellent skill) is kinda hurting his role as the short ranged Burst assassin that Blizzo's try harding for. Assassins should have at least one more method of escape should a situation goes horribly wrong. Reaper right now is sorta lacking. I don't want to make any changes to Wraith Form as I mentioned before, its great. But I think Shadowstep needs a faster channel time to make it even more viable.

Context of these changes:
= Pretty simple -> At least make Reaper be more viable in competitive play other than a typical pubstomping character against lower skilled players in Quick Play.

Oh lul, I only listed my Reaper wishlist changes. XD
Something tells me that you main Reaper :P I think he's fine as he is. Sometimes, honestly, his attacks are way too powerful. If he has the ability to take down a Roadhog in just a few seconds, I really don't think he needs a buff of anytime - that would make him as bad as vanilla Torborjn or D.va when that buff update to her happened a few months ago.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
40k6lST.jpg
Come on Blizzo. You know you want to after Sombra.

In my bad attempt to roleplay as your typical "No Man's Sky" seeker, but instead a "Doomfist" seeker, I am living for this. My life depends on Doomfist becoming a playable hero. Please Bliizo. Please Sir Jeff.. My life for Hire Aiur that cancelled Starcraft Ghosts game Doomfist.

Okay, that's just pretty bad. I just referenced bad and dead memes at this point. Anyway, I wonder how Doomfist will end up being as. I wouldn't mind a 5th Tank being in the game who's role may become somewhat similar to Roadhogg - the really bulky damage dealer who can one shot squishies with a combo (who I've been playing a bunch lately).

Also:
#ReaperNamesneedtheirwinrates

While yes I consider Reaper being my most played as of my latest stats, I'm one tricking Roadhogg right now since I learned what to do with him. One shotting people with the typical Hook + Shotgun blast + Quick Melee as a 600 HP Monstrosity is totally fine, but Graves still can't have his cigar, i mean Reaper can't one shot people despite him having dual shotties, i mean Tyler1 is still banned, i mean TSM's efforts were wasted because of feeding Uzi and instead Cloud 9 is now North America's Hope for Worlds 2016

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
So did anyone get anything exciting in their free Halloween box? I got the Pumpkin Reaper skin! :D

xj77diH.png

I hate you I hate you I hate you. I've been getting nothing but sprays so far. I might end up buying some loot boxes just so I can get that damn Mercy skin. Thankfully they updated the store so you can buy Halloween loot boxes now. I'm on Lv. 84 too so it won't be awhile until I get all those easy loot boxes when you prestige ):

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Now I'm very happy. I didn't think i would get the skin that I wanted after opening my first loot crate.

FCJvSkl.jpg

Time to be an Edgy Reaper Main (like how I've always been)

Also, I have not played in a while that's why I'm stuck at lvl20. Now I really need to grind up, then Rip and tear.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
What if I said I er got a Bastion one too? 8)))))

I'm just waiting on that S76 skin oml it is SO GOOD.

Ah yes I feel your pain, just creeping up to 80 myself.

It's all good, I ended up getting Soldier, Mercy, Symmettra, and Junkrat Halloween skins yesterday (; Now to just get that damn Bastion skin. I main him on Defense so I wouldn't mind getting a skin for him. Who do you like to main as?

Savashy

headsplitter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
It's all good, I ended up getting Soldier, Mercy, Symmettra, and Junkrat Halloween skins yesterday (; Now to just get that damn Bastion skin. I main him on Defense so I wouldn't mind getting a skin for him. Who do you like to main as?

The bastion skin is so great, im so glad i grabbed it

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i havent played this game in a while, but i want to play it because of the halloween loot. i really like the mercy skin, but i dont play as her.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I really really have a long way to go before I get to at least lvl 50s were most of the people who I know are at right now.

LwJ2qHT.jpg

I mean I just hit a few levels higher than my last level, which was 20. Maybe during the Holiday break I could grind it up and rip and tear.

I usually don't get to body a lot of fools in Volksaya industries - Defense but for some reason our team in this game worked well. Roadhogg and I would just yank out and kill people. Getting a 26-3 score line was something that I would rarely get myself into but somehow i pulled it off. Maybe because I was so angry (at myself) after the last game i played.

I could have gotten even more kills (16 Final Blows out of 26 Take Downs) if I was playing even harder but obviously beggars or killwhores can't be choosers. So that's basically me being KS'd 10 times. I would have ran it down mid but I didn't want to ruin the game considering how everyone was just working together.

Also, I've gotten my Groove with Bastion as my main defense hero because I should have uninstalled soon if I have not made myself comfortable in playing Bastion and his ever wonderful turret.

And after Widowmaker nerfs from the last few matches from months and months ago, I finally got the hang of playing her in either Attack or Defense side. Yep. It turned out that i just needed 60 frames to snipe people.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Alright, i feel like i want to bump up this thread and provide some meaningful discussions so i figured I read on some incoming changes to the game thanks to some intel, and by that intel, I mean myself and my ability to follow up on upcoming gameplay changes and updates to the games I'm playing, Overwatch obviously included:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/overwa...idowmaker-and-dva-while-nerfing-pharah-564463

As seen here in this post, there are upcoming changes to the following characters. The URL Link already displays who's getting some changes.

Let me tell everyone how I feel about these changes.

BUFF MERCY -> She's obviously not strong enough to highly influence a game through her heals. Buff her ability to heal out of combat because she obviously has no way of sustaining her own injuries when things go chaotic.

BUFF Widowmaker -> Because obviously ever since they nerfed her abiity to snipe people down patches ago, she barely dents anything unless she gets a fully charged shot

BUFF D.VA -> because obviously even after the numerous buffs to her durability some patches ago, she is still underpowered and barely contributes to anything for the team. Also, Call Mech is obviously underpowered, so it needs less charge up time.

NERF PHARAH! OMG BLIZZO! NERF PHARAH PLZ! Her Rockets have so much splash damage and knockback that its SO DAMN EASY to stomp people and score some gosh damned Quake Live MLG Pro 360 Rocket Scope kills with Pharah while looking so god damn good in solo carrying your sh*t team.

Heck, there's so many things wrong in Overwatch that these changes must take place within the next few patches.

BUFF THORBJRON -> Because he's so weak and underpowered that you can't even win games with him. The turrets are so useless that they may just be there for helping the enemy charge up their own ultis.

BUFF JUNKRAT -> Because he can't fulfill both the Offensive and Defensive roles for the team. Heck, he can't even one shot people who catches him with his pants down. He's so bad that playing him makes me feel that I'm committing a mortal sin against myself, and I feel terrible. BUFF JUNKRAT!

NERF SYMMETRA -> She's obviously overpowered and unfair against everyone. Her mere presence pretty much gives an unfair advantage to the team she's playing for. Teleporters are so OP. Her Turrets can shreddify a Full HP Roadhogg empowered by Lucio's Sound Barrier.

NERF WINSTON -> OMG! HE'S SO TANK! HE CANT DIE! HE CAN SOLO CARRY HIS TEAM!

NERF KUNAI -> Totally relevant to this discussion.

NERF QUICK MELEE -> Its so Overpowered and overly viable, you can literally one shot people with it like in Halo
NERF ANA -> She heals way too gosh damned much! Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta? Forget about them! Ana is the best healer in the game and she heavily outclasses those three wannabees by a Long cockshot,

Seriously @Jeff Kaplan, @PlayOverwatch, @Blizzard.

Triple Thorbjorn Defense strategies are clearly working as intended. Nerf Pharah.

Make them happen.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I really, really, really want Witch Mercy skin. I would literally save 3000 coins to get that.

I am enjoying the Halloween brawl so much. I am mostly a Soldier main but I can go for Hanzo or McCree. I suck at Ana.

Quite honestly, Symmetra needs some sort of a healing power because she's not much of a "support" if all she does is deploy turrets and teleporters.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Alright, i feel like i want to bump up this thread and provide some meaningful discussions so i figured I read on some incoming changes to the game thanks to some intel, and by that intel, I mean myself and my ability to follow up on upcoming gameplay changes and updates to the games I'm playing, Overwatch obviously included:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/overwa...idowmaker-and-dva-while-nerfing-pharah-564463

As seen here in this post, there are upcoming changes to the following characters. The URL Link already displays who's getting some changes.

Let me tell everyone how I feel about these changes.

BUFF MERCY -> She's obviously not strong enough to highly influence a game through her heals. Buff her ability to heal out of combat because she obviously has no way of sustaining her own injuries when things go chaotic.

BUFF Widowmaker -> Because obviously ever since they nerfed her abiity to snipe people down patches ago, she barely dents anything unless she gets a fully charged shot

BUFF D.VA -> because obviously even after the numerous buffs to her durability some patches ago, she is still underpowered and barely contributes to anything for the team. Also, Call Mech is obviously underpowered, so it needs less charge up time.

NERF PHARAH! OMG BLIZZO! NERF PHARAH PLZ! Her Rockets have so much splash damage and knockback that its SO DAMN EASY to stomp people and score some gosh damned Quake Live MLG Pro 360 Rocket Scope kills with Pharah while looking so god damn good in solo carrying your sh*t team.

Heck, there's so many things wrong in Overwatch that these changes must take place within the next few patches.

BUFF THORBJRON -> Because he's so weak and underpowered that you can't even win games with him. The turrets are so useless that they may just be there for helping the enemy charge up their own ultis.

BUFF JUNKRAT -> Because he can't fulfill both the Offensive and Defensive roles for the team. Heck, he can't even one shot people who catches him with his pants down. He's so bad that playing him makes me feel that I'm committing a mortal sin against myself, and I feel terrible. BUFF JUNKRAT!

NERF SYMMETRA -> She's obviously overpowered and unfair against everyone. Her mere presence pretty much gives an unfair advantage to the team she's playing for. Teleporters are so OP. Her Turrets can shreddify a Full HP Roadhogg empowered by Lucio's Sound Barrier.

NERF WINSTON -> OMG! HE'S SO TANK! HE CANT DIE! HE CAN SOLO CARRY HIS TEAM!

NERF KUNAI -> Totally relevant to this discussion.

NERF QUICK MELEE -> Its so Overpowered and overly viable, you can literally one shot people with it like in Halo
NERF ANA -> She heals way too gosh damned much! Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta? Forget about them! Ana is the best healer in the game and she heavily outclasses those three wannabees by a Long cockshot,

Seriously @Jeff Kaplan, @PlayOverwatch, @Blizzard.

Triple Thorbjorn Defense strategies are clearly working as intended. Nerf Pharah.

Make them happen.

Do you personally think that D.va needs a buff? I feel like she's good at she is; she can be incredibly OP if played by the right person.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Do you personally think that D.va needs a buff? I feel like she's good at she is; she can be incredibly OP if played by the right person.

#NerfKunai, #BuffMoneyShot.
#BuffThorbjorn #NerfPharah
#BuffM16s #NerfShotguns

once again, refer to the link that I posted that showed who's getting the Buffs and who's getting a Nerf.

I reckon that people may or may not know the context of the entire "joke" regarding the questionable balancing act that Blizzard and @Jeff_Kaplan are doing regarding their game.

Back