• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Do you personally think that D.va needs a buff? I feel like she's good at she is; she can be incredibly OP if played by the right person.

Allow me to explain the whole context of what Xin just made because he's obviously titled as feck towards the Pharah change that just happened in the PBE, which to some extent makes me incredibly angry as well on why the hell Blizzard suddenly makes these nerfs.

The whole NerfKunai joke is something taken from Borderlands 2 where Zer0's Tier 6 or capstone skill in Death Bl0ss0m skill aka Kunai and its interaction with another skill Death Mark was nerfed because Gearbox thought that stacking a multiplicative damage amplication effect on an enemy was OP (Kunai Death Mark could stack 5 times on an enemy, and multiple Zer0's could use Kunais to stack the damage amp on an enemy), WHEN THERE WERE MANY OTHER MUCH MORE GAMEBREAKING THINGS in the damn game.

Now applying the whole idea of how game develoeprs have NO IDEA ON HOW TO BALANCE THEIR GAMES because they are F**king idiots, Overwatch's most recent balance changes, we can see that Blizzard is just suddenly making some unecessary buffs to characters who are already good, while suddenly handing some nerfs to characters who are fine the way they are. Why would Pharah suddenly get a nerf to her splash damage radius is beyond me. Blizzard pls? Suddenly nerfing Pharah for no god damn reason at all while offering unecessary buffs to Mercy and D.Va (when D.Va has already received numerous buffs from a patch).

Because if that's the case on how Blizzard's Overwatch team of boosted monkeys work, Blizzard should just Buff Thorbjorn. He's not defending control points hard enough. Triple Thorbjorn defense is totally working as intended. They should definitely nerf Symmetra because she's clearly overpowered, gamebreaking, and rage inducing.

#BuffMoneyShot, #NerfKunai, #BuffM16s, #NerfShotguns, #BuffThorbjorn, #NerfSymmetra

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I like to remphasize that everything i said on that very post was obviously a joke and should have not been taken seriously. But my jokes of questionable balance changes and NERFKUNAI make far more sense than Blizzard's revolving door of horrible balance changes.

BUFF MERCY -> She's obviously not strong enough to highly influence a game through her heals. Buff her ability to heal out of combat because she obviously has no way of sustaining her own injuries when things go chaotic.

BUFF Widowmaker -> Because obviously ever since they nerfed her abiity to snipe people down patches ago, she barely dents anything unless she gets a fully charged shot

BUFF D.VA -> because obviously even after the numerous buffs to her durability some patches ago, she is still underpowered and barely contributes to anything for the team. Also, Call Mech is obviously underpowered, so it needs less charge up time.

NERF PHARAH! OMG BLIZZO! NERF PHARAH PLZ! Her Rockets have so much splash damage and knockback that its SO DAMN EASY to stomp people and score some gosh damned Quake Live MLG Pro 360 Rocket Scope kills with Pharah while looking so god damn good in solo carrying your sh*t team.

If anyone thought that the call to Nerf Pharah's Rocket Blast Radius was something appropriate to the game, again, it makes sense for Overwatch's Dev team to Buff Thorbjorn, or even better for all the CONSORE players, Buff Bastion. Also, it would also make sense for Blizzard to nerf Genji even more after the series of meganerfs that Genji had because that obviously makes sense. Nerfing a character that took skill to use because people couldn't manage against it made so much sense.

EDIT: Here are the exact changes coming in to the game based on PTR testing

And WOW!

Ana
- Nano Boost
- No longer increases move speed

When people meant #NerfAna, people meant it as a joke.

Pharah
Rocket Launcher
- Minimum explosion damage has been increased to 25% of rocket's total damage (formerly 12%)
- Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0% of rocket's total knockback (formerly 75%)

#NerfPharah. However, that damage boost to her Rocket impact seems tempting. But I seriously think that her damage was fine as it was, and what made her usable really was she provided AoE damage while being able to semi-fly, unlike Junkrat who's grounded and has arcing projectiles.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Never really had a problem with Genji, I encounter a skilled one every now and then but console Genji's are generally the type of people you tend to despise because they're awful and on your team

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
#NerfGenji

Seriously obnoxious to play against Genji and I can never seem to beat him 1v1. :(

Never really had a problem with Genji, I encounter a skilled one every now and then but console Genji's are generally the type of people you tend to despise because they're awful and on your team

Yeah but as a Bastion-mainer, think about how many times I cry when I'm up against a Genji. Not because I'm dumb and keep shooting at him, but because most of the time he'll outspeed you at that point.

Spoiler alert: I've cried a lot cause of that ):

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I've been trying to branch out and meet new people besides Mercy

So right now Genji is my second most played character. I might just be bad (read: I am), but I find his ult useless and his shurikens inaccurate. The latter I can work on and have already quite improved my proficiency with, though, lol.

It is quite liberating to slaughter a Bastion with his own bullets, though, instead of having him mow through your entire team.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Yeah but as a Bastion-mainer, think about how many times I cry when I'm up against a Genji. Not because I'm dumb and keep shooting at him, but because most of the time he'll outspeed you at that point.

Spoiler alert: I've cried a lot cause of that ):

I love you and all but I also love making people that play Bastion cry

nothing personal ;(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'm pretty good with Genji, but my go to DPS are Reaper and Tracer. Reaper is the character I have the most hours on and I love how he absolutely tears through everything. Tracer is very fun to flank and harass with.

Never really had a problem with opposing Genji either, but as Doof said there aren't really that many good ones.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Which of you play on PC? If so, hit me up.

I main Reinhardt, Hanzo, and I'm branching out to play as Mei, Winston, Tracer, and Junkrat every so often. Enjoying Mei out of my new ones most. Terribly obnoxious opponent; terribly fun to be the obnoxious one.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Ugh, fuck Junkrat. Out of every character I use, I'm the absolute worst at Junkrat. I'm so horrible with him aim, I can never hit anyone. In terms of who I main as, Tracer, Lucio, Roadhog, and D.va are who I main on offense depending on the map, and Tracer (again lol), Bastion, Symmetra, and Hanzo are who I play as on defense. Tracer is just by far the best player in the game if played correctly. It's very easy to harass your opponents with her.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Console only here. I need a better computer before I can play with most of y'all.

I'm trying to get better with Ana, because she's supposed to be one of the 4 best characters in the game on the pro level (along with Lucio, Zarya, and Reinhardt). I'm getting to the point where I can get at least 8K in heals and shut down a lot of ults with a well placed sleep dart, and I've finally got her sleep dart + nade combo down for 1v1 scenarios.

Still can't get 4 nano boost assists though, which sucks because I really want her cute spray. I might just resort to using it on a Bastion sitting behind a corner or something.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Console only here. I need a better computer before I can play with most of y'all.

I'm trying to get better with Ana, because she's supposed to be one of the 4 best characters in the game on the pro level (along with Lucio, Zarya, and Reinhardt). I'm getting to the point where I can get at least 8K in heals and shut down a lot of ults with a well placed sleep dart, and I've finally got her sleep dart + nade combo down for 1v1 scenarios.

Still can't get 4 nano boost assists though, which sucks because I really want her cute spray. I might just resort to using it on a Bastion sitting behind a corner or something.

Wait, what's this sleep date + made combo? How does it work/can Ana beat most 1v1 situations using it? And you and I both, my dude. I can't get that 4 kill nano boost assist either. Honestly, I feel like the best startegy is playing with someone else who has the game, as then you can time it just right. Otherwise yeah, it's a very difficult feat to pull off /:

I've been trying to branch out and meet new people besides Mercy

So right now Genji is my second most played character. I might just be bad (read: I am), but I find his ult useless and his shurikens inaccurate. The latter I can work on and have already quite improved my proficiency with, though, lol.

It is quite liberating to slaughter a Bastion with his own bullets, though, instead of having him mow through your entire team.

Do you have any tips on using Genji? I still need to get those 2 achievements tied to him and honestly, I'm a terrible Genji player. I think I just need to devote some time getting used to his controls, but I feel like he is a more hot-and-run hero more than anything.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Wait, what's this sleep date + made combo? How does it work/can Ana beat most 1v1 situations using it? And you and I both, my dude. I can't get that 4 kill nano boost assist either. Honestly, I feel like the best startegy is playing with someone else who has the game, as then you can time it just right. Otherwise yeah, it's a very difficult feat to pull off /:

It's when you sleep dart someone, shoot them, melee, use your grenade and then melee again. It deals about 245 damage, so you should be able to take out anyone that isn't a tank or Bastion…provided they have no Symmetra shields or Torb armor. Just make sure Reaper and Mei are a bit under full health. You burn through all your abilities though, so I really don't suggest using it unless you absolutely have to.

Also Sombra hype. It's been a painful wait, but the lore and all that other good stuff is very interesting. Can't wait until Tuesday.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Do you have any tips on using Genji? I still need to get those 2 achievements tied to him and honestly, I'm a terrible Genji player. I think I just need to devote some time getting used to his controls, but I feel like he is a more hot-and-run hero more than anything.

I'm not fantastic at Genji, but after I realized (read: Syn told me lol) that I needed to lead more with his shurikens, I instantly became much more accurate. The same goes for Hanzo, in that regard.

Essentially, watch how your target is walking and aim right ahead of them, and then you're more likely to hit them with all three shuriken.

You can get good vantage points by combining the double jump and wall climb with swift strike to reach certain areas. And, as the game suggests, it's a good idea to keep swift strike available as an escape tactic.

He's definitely somewhat hit and run. He can deal high damage if you hit, and his agility makes him hard to hit if you play your cards right, but otherwise he's a glass cannon. Deflect is obviously a great defense, and it can destroy characters like Bastion, but you have to time it right and aim well. Use it too early, and non-braindead opponents will stop attacking you before you do much damage. It's great when a group is shooting at you, though.

As for his ult . . . yeah, still working on that. You're supposed to flank a group of weakened opponents with it, but I've still had little success when even doing that. Of course, opposing Genji have wrecked me with Dragonblade, so it's definitely possible.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I think at the very least we'll get a teaser video or official reveal for Sombra tonight. Her official artwork was "leaked" and iirc the ARG pointed to something happening once the Halloween event concluded on November 1st. If not today, then Blizzcon for sure.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
The fact we are still waiting for Sombra pains me no end. I want a new hero to play with!

I've had the game two months now and it's still my favourite to play currently. As of now, I main Solider, Junkrat, D.va & Ana from each category. I'm kinda terrible with Genji, Tracer and Hanzo, though.

also

#JusticeForSymmetra

I think at the very least we'll get a teaser video or official reveal for Sombra tonight. Her official artwork was "leaked" and iirc the ARG pointed to something happening once the Halloween event concluded on November 1st. If not today, then Blizzcon for sure.

Well you guys should be happy to know this was tweeted out 5 min ago

Attachments

• IMG_6208.PNG
    IMG_6208.PNG
    119.9 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Yeah I'm watching a live feed right now. Apparently whatever the countdown is for is at 90%.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Honestly this ARG is so ugly now I'm nearly over it

It just ultimately kills the hype for this. You already had everyone hyped for the new character, and instead of just revealing it they decide to shoot themselves in the foot. All those resources that they put into this hoax could have been, oh I don't know, actually been put in the game?

I know I'm just acting entitled but man, last night kindove left a bitter taste in my mouth. Person over at r/Overwatch summed yesterday's whole experience up pretty well with a simple gif: http://i.imgur.com/kOesj9F.gifv

Back