• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your favourite water type pokemon in b/w?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Well Oshawott of course! My reasoning is, first off look at that face. Second Oshawott can learn Razor Shell, on of the most powerful Second Evolution water moves. Also Oshawott has incredible speed and attack. The only I dislike about him is his defense. He has a terrible defense. But other than that, Oshawott!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Honestly, probably Keldeo, because I love his design, I love the source material he and the rest of the Musketeers are based on, and he's just really cute. But he's also a legendary and somehow that feels unfair picking him... Aside from legendaries, I'd say Jellicent is my favorite, because I love the gender variations and it's a good Pokémon competitively, too. Samurott and Tympole are honorable mentions for their cool (Samurott) and silly (Tympole) designs (and for Seismitoad being absurd in TCG).

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    samurott.gif

My favourite water type in Unova is Samurott, of course, as if I didn't say this enough times... it's probably the best Water-type to have in Black and White, and it was also my Starter Pokémon of choice.
    Honorable mentions go out to Swanna and Carracosta as well :]

Years
  • Probably Jellicent. It looks so fun and has a decent move set capability. Not many water types were introduced in Generation V, huh? Not many to choose from.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I would have to say Palpitoad. I just love the cool design of it and the fact that it is a pretty awesome battler even without any arms to provide balance. That electric immunity is pretty nice as well, though the grass weakness is a bit brutal.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I think that there are loads of awesome Water types in Unova - and as a Water-type fan that makes me very happy. There are loads of amazing ones like I said but that means some go under the radar and I have one in particular in mind. Swanna is a beautiful Pokémon that rights the wrong that was the monstrosity of Pelipper.
    581.gif

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I think that there are loads of awesome Water types in Unova - and as a Water-type fan that makes me very happy. There are loads of amazing ones like I said but that means some go under the radar and I have one in particular in mind. Swanna is a beautiful Pokémon that right the wrong that was the monstrosity of Pelipper.
    581.gif
    I totally agree with that, Pelipper was a disaster, never liked it at all -_-. Swanna on the other hand, is awesome.

Pika Pika :chu:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Jellicent is the best water pokemon in 5th gen.

Got to agree here! He's got a nice design, good typing, and pretty strong moveset. Always loved it after first seeing it. Although gen 5 has some great water types overall.

Years
  • Samurott ofcourse. It has solid Offenses, okay defenses, great movepool, Average speed for ingame and it was my first Unova Pokemon xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Probably either Oshawott or Samurott. I'm a sucker for water type starters, so they tend to rank highly for me, though I like water types a lot in general, too. Oshawott wins on the cuteness scale, though Samurott was actually useful on my team later in the game, so it wins points on that front.

Back