• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How have you been passing the time in preperation for the release of Sun and Moon?

Years
  • You can download RBY from the eshop, but they aren't free. They're $10 apiece.

As for me, I'm pretty busy with life, so I doubt I'll be playing many games. I finished the challenge I was working on on my eshop RBY, and I haven't had a chance to trade my teams to a storage pack and start over like I planned to yet. I've also been playing AS before bed, mainly just leveling at Blissey bases for 10-15 minutes per night.

A few weeks ago, I started Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, which I would like to get back to at some point. I'm also attempting to force my way through Paper Mario: Sticker Star (third attempt, and the first time I've managed to make myself play past world 1; apparently, I really just don't like the game, but I keep hoping it'll get better...), and I've been playing TTYD again on and off for the past few months. I really want to start another Paper Mario (N64) playthrough on the virtual console version I picked up recently, but that keeps getting put on hiatus due to my schedule.

iam buying 3ds first time (only for sun and moon), I live in INDIA but the 3ds is US(NTSC) version.
    Can i use PokeBank and eshop in my country??

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I haven't actually finished XY yet, so I've been doing that. Finally done with Team Flare, so just need to get my last badge and beat the E4 and then at least the maingame is done.

Years
  • I've been trying to complete the dex in my x game. I really want to finish it before sun and moon comes out. I'm also playing through heartgold.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2019
    I just restarted X with pokemon I have never had on my team in any previous games. So, I transferred from AS a pichu, a hitmontop, and a snorunt to start me off. I also picked Fennekin as a starter, which I would never really have considered before. Loving it so far!

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Fallout 4, soon to be Skyrim this Friday. Not to mention all the essays and dissertation stuff I need to do.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Pretty much just transferring and preparing Pokemon from 3rd gen all the way to 6th, so they can be brought over to S/M when possible. And currently rewatching the anime in Japanese, halfway through Advanced. Hoping to catch up completely so I can watch S/M's anime and not have to wait for it to be dubbed.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • I restarted Omega Ruby and have been breeding in Y. I opened a Pokédex completion service on a small Facebook group, so I'm breeding extras lol. As the release date draws closer I'' going to experiment with making malasadas to give out on release night, provided that my GameStop does midnight.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    iam buying 3ds first time (only for sun and moon), I live in INDIA but the 3ds is US(NTSC) version.
    Can i use PokeBank and eshop in my country??

I'm pretty sure you'll connect to the American servers so long as you have a US 3DS, regardless of what country you're connecting from.

Also, if you're getting a new 3DS and haven't played the previous games, in addition to the RBY downloads, I would also consider XY and ORAS. They're all great games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I have played Pokemon Black twice, Pokemon White 2, Pokemon X, Alpha Sapphire and Diamon all in preparation lol.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure you'll connect to the American servers so long as you have a US 3DS, regardless of what country you're connecting from.

Also, if you're getting a new 3DS and haven't played the previous games, in addition to the RBY downloads, I would also consider XY and ORAS. They're all great games.

Ok thnx also I have played all games from RBY to B2W2 but in my PC using emulators.I skipped XY and ORAS.But icant skip Sun/Moon. :p One more thing about conversion of rupee to dollar...How will it happen?

hoshizorashiro

Sylveon Lover ♡
    Years
  • I've been working on my OR nuzlocke but I'm about to be finished. However my copy of DBXV2 should be here tomorrow so I'll have plenty to keep me busy until next month!

I also want to go back and replay RBY and complete most of the dex.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Playing a crap ton of Paladins and League of Legends, checking up on the demo's time based events, and re playing the Dot Hack// Franchise...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Ok thnx also I have played all games from RBY to B2W2 but in my PC using emulators.I skipped XY and ORAS.But icant skip Sun/Moon. :p One more thing about conversion of rupee to dollar...How will it happen?

Since you're getting a US 3DS, I suppose you'll have to fill your eshop account with dollars. I don't know what credit card providers you might have, or whether any of those would be accepted by the eshop, but I'm wondering if a non-American billing address might cause problems. My guess is that you're best bet would be to buy an eshop card in dollars (which you could order over the internet) and use that to add money to your account, or you could get some other sort of prepaid card (like a prepaid visa or mastercard maybe) and use that. I haven't ever had to do anything like that myself, so I'm not sure which billing options would or wouldn't work, but I'm confident that the eshop cards that you can buy would work.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Crying and lamenting online about how the game isn't out yet. As the Daily peeps, I express in the Skype chat almost every day about how excited I am for this game :X

Years
  • Since you're getting a US 3DS, I suppose you'll have to fill your eshop account with dollars. I don't know what credit card providers you might have, or whether any of those would be accepted by the eshop, but I'm wondering if a non-American billing address might cause problems. My guess is that you're best bet would be to buy an eshop card in dollars (which you could order over the internet) and use that to add money to your account, or you could get some other sort of prepaid card (like a prepaid visa or mastercard maybe) and use that. I haven't ever had to do anything like that myself, so I'm not sure which billing options would or wouldn't work, but I'm confident that the eshop cards that you can buy would work.

Ok thnx a lot for your help.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Not really preparing for SM actually... just going about my life day to day and going through some pretty tough times right now with work and my family. But I'm still excited for these games, very much so.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    tbh I've been mostly avoiding this section of PC and avoiding any talk about the games hahaha. I've seen most officially released media, but I one day just decided to not look at any spoilers (leaks) until I played the game myself. Since it comes out several days later in Europe though, it'll be haaaaaaaard ugh

Back