• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nebula: The Multiverse's World Incubator

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • The Nebula
    banner credit

Do you have a world you want to share to the community, but it hasn't been fully fleshed out yet? Do you want to make a thread of your own, but you can't because you're having a hard time thinking up of new ideas for your universe? Well, look no further, as The Nebula is here to take care of your baby!

Welcome to the World Incubator. This essentially works like the Plot Bunny thread, but with a cooler name, over in FF&W. Post your world ideas that you think doesn't warrant it's own thread yet. You can ask help from your fellow Multiverse gods and goddesses on your ideas. Hopefully, by some time, your world is ready to leave the Nebula, and into the expanse known as the Multiverse.

Some notes before you post: Please no rough criticisms, we're dealing with babies here, and the last thing we need is a notice. Keep the civility while in the Nebula. Thank you!

Now, let your creative juices flow, and get to work!​

Important Rules for the Nebula

❋ The PokeCommunity Rules and the Multiverse Rules apply here
    ❋ No bashing of worlds just make a universe where that doesnt exist shh
    ❋ Salt > Pie. Tell gimmepie that ;)​

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I had an idea for a world where every religion was true, no matter how bizarre, so you could make a fake religion and it would be real.

Years
  • Good idea for a thread.

I don't have any bunny worlds, but I've got some spacey graphics I don't really have any use for right now so I might as well put them up for whoever wants them. Maybe you'll feel inspired or something?

Spoiler:

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
  • I had an idea for a world where every religion was true, no matter how bizarre, so you could make a fake religion and it would be real.
    What would the belief in lack of religion do?

Also, aaaaaah, those are some really pretty graphics!
    My idea is for a Pokemon region (Please don't kill me) based around the Norway/Sweden/Finland area that is constantly nighttime and the Pokemon have adapted to the cold climate and lack of sunlight. Instead of Sunny Day, there's Bright Night and Fire moves take on a bluish hue. Warm currents from Alola and Hoenn warm up the southern parts of the region, but it's mostly Sinnoh-like. The culture will be a blend oof Asiatic and European cultures and the main themes would be coziness and the night sky.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

My idea is for a Pokemon region (Please don't kill me) based around the Norway/Sweden/Finland area that is constantly nighttime and the Pokemon have adapted to the cold climate and lack of sunlight. Instead of Sunny Day, there's Bright Night and Fire moves take on a bluish hue. Warm currents from Alola and Hoenn warm up the southern parts of the region, but it's mostly Sinnoh-like. The culture will be a blend oof Asiatic and European cultures and the main themes would be coziness and the night sky.

I guess science would govern everything.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Adding to the stuff being given away, I was messing around in Inkarnate and created a map if anyone would like to use it.

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • concept: an area's traditional dish contains a plant that when cooked in a certain way (ie, the way the recipe calls for) becomes a hallucinogenic. in the distant past, it had been introduced to the population as a mandated thing to eat on [day of the week] by a ruler who [wanted to experiment/control his populace?]. this has been forgotten, but like our world's Christian tradition of eating fish on Fridays, it continues to be observed. people who observe the tradition are like. always high.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Has anyone read John Scalzi's The God Engines? I love the idea of god-powered technology...so "deipunk" XD Maybe if you pray more to computer gods/goddesses your laptop won't hang or freeze too much.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Inkarnate is a great mapping software for artistically handicapped people such as myself xD

And yes TVTropes, what a lovely time sink. I would rather keep up with the tropes than the Kardashians.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Actually during summer we have constant daytime here and the sun nearly never goes down... you should implement that as well (8

Years
  • Here's an idea: Planet Earth as we know it today, but after a peaceful alien invasion. Aliens arrived on Earth, not to conquer, but to live here with humans. Eventually everything works out, humanity doesn't start a war with the aliens or anything, and now there are aliens integrating with humans in everyday areas of life. Many of them are still new to it and because they're aliens some stuff doesn't work the same (perhaps what they consider food is different) and some ideas they don't understand (perhaps they have no sense of color).

There are lots of things you could decide. Do they aliens have advanced technology and do they share it? If they do, how does it affect life for humans? Are there more than one species of aliens? If so, how are they different? Can the aliens speak our languages? Can we speak theirs? How many aliens are there exactly? Are there more coming? Is anyone trying to take advantage of the aliens - steal their technology, their knowledge - or trying to convince them that humans and Earth are different from how they really are? Where do the aliens live? What mannerisms do they adopt? What do humans adopt from them? Why did they come to Earth in the first place? Where did they come from? There are lots of questions and probably a million answers.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Other than a buttload of Fakémon regions, I had my own "beta versions" of Biddenfore. They went by names like "Homa" and "Jome", the latter being a mix of Japan and Rome, and creatures like kappa existed there.

Here goes a bizarre idea I once had:

I once imagined making an educational series for adults...because the series is kinda...inappropriate.

I imagined a world where the different body systems were businessmen of some sort, the nervous system being the leader. Yes, that's what I imagined. Basically a less appropriate version of Inside Out.

Years
  • Other than a buttload of Fakémon regions, I had my own "beta versions" of Biddenfore. They went by names like "Homa" and "Jome", the latter being a mix of Japan and Rome, and creatures like kappa existed there.

Here goes a bizarre idea I once had:

I once imagined making an educational series for adults...because the series is kinda...inappropriate.

I imagined a world where the different body systems were businessmen of some sort, the nervous system being the leader. Yes, that's what I imagined. Basically a less appropriate version of Inside Out.
    I would like to see this world in a story. What are the businessmen really, are they inside of somebody's head?

Years
  • Here's an idea: Planet Earth as we know it today, but after a peaceful alien invasion. Aliens arrived on Earth, not to conquer, but to live here with humans. Eventually everything works out, humanity doesn't start a war with the aliens or anything, and now there are aliens integrating with humans in everyday areas of life. Many of them are still new to it and because they're aliens some stuff doesn't work the same (perhaps what they consider food is different) and some ideas they don't understand (perhaps they have no sense of color).

There are lots of things you could decide. Do they aliens have advanced technology and do they share it? If they do, how does it affect life for humans? Are there more than one species of aliens? If so, how are they different? Can the aliens speak our languages? Can we speak theirs? How many aliens are there exactly? Are there more coming? Is anyone trying to take advantage of the aliens - steal their technology, their knowledge - or trying to convince them that humans and Earth are different from how they really are? Where do the aliens live? What mannerisms do they adopt? What do humans adopt from them? Why did they come to Earth in the first place? Where did they come from? There are lots of questions and probably a million answers.

This sounds really fun actually, how did I not see this post before?
    It raises so many interesting questions.

Years
  • The businessmen are just workers in an office, and they're based off the body's different body systems.

It's interesting anyway. It seems fun.

I've been thinking about a Pokemon region based on Central America. Here it's a raw sketch I made:
    Spoiler:

Note that some Islands had their size increased to appear in this scale. The numbers are points of interest, mostly cities, but not only.
    I imagined a journey that draws a half-moon, begining on 2 (panama) and travellin across the continental part of Central America until 7 (cancun, in the Yucatan Peninsula). From there you would begin to travel through the Caribbean Islands, begining in 10 (La Havana) and ending your journey in 15 (Puerto Rico).
    Buuut.... this region became too big. Only the Continental part could be a single pokemon region.
    Then, I thought it could be like Johto and Kanto. You travel through the continental part, get eight badges and defeat the Elite Four. Then you begin a trip through the islands, collect more eight badges and go back to fight the Elite Four again.
    The name of the region would be Caraiiba, though now I don't know if I give a different name to each of the halves of the region.
    Right now I have more doubts than stuff made about this idea. Should I begin a thread and ask people's opinions about it or should I wait until it gets more mature?

Back