• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims Series And What You Remember

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Ahh the Sims. It was fun. I'm playing through the original Sims 1 (illegally downloaded Sims 1 Ultimate Collection, oops don't tell the cops, hehe,) and I got the Sims 2 from EA by showing them one of my physical copies codes (just contact management and if you have a physical copy they'll ask to see a picture of a manual and they'll give you a download. That simple.)

Sims 1 is so fun. I love the music and it gives me so much nostalgia. I first discovered Sims when I was eight years old. Now, I had a sister who was three years older than me. She told me what 'whoo hoo' meant when The Sims 2 came out and... My parents freaked cause they didn't realize Sims was a T rated game sooooo oops. But actually - I've never played an M rated game. I'm 19 and so, I've never had the desire to play one. I've seen playthroughs, they don't 'scare' me I'm allowed, I've seen R movies, my first ever was Child's Play/Chuckie - and well, its just I don't find appeal in M games. ; /

Moving on, what are some of your favorite memories from playing The Sims (from Sims 1 to Sims 3, now that Sims 4 is out, which one did you start with? And why?)

Also anyone remember Sims Bustin' Out on the console or Sims DS/Sims Urbz? My favorite was the DS game and I accidentally purchased two copies hehe. I thought I lost my one copy of Urbz DS and i got another so oops! Urbz is cool/fun despite on the console it's blatant advertising of Black Eye Peas. ; P

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Oh boy. I've had a weird experience with The Sims, because I've never played any of the main games on PC/console. I got suckered into Sims because I really, really liked Spore, and then naturally Maxis.

I played Sims 2 DS, which turned out to not be Sims 2 but 'Sims Build a Hotel and Waste Time Doing Nothing Interesting While Not Realizing How Bare and Unpolished This Game Is.' Looking back, I really don't like that game. I played Urbz next, also on the DS, but unfortunately the game bugged out and I ended up not making it very far before abandoning it. I got Sims 3 Ambitions for the iPhone when it came out, but it got repetitive too quickly because it didn't have nearly as much depth as the regular Sims 3. Lastly, I got the new free one for iPhone when that released, hoping for something like Ambitions but more fleshed out and true to the original, but instead I got exactly what I should've expected from a free to play game. Real-time tasks, micromanagement and micro transactions.

I haven't played any of The Sims since the free one first came out, all in all not a great experience, but I've seen a few Sims 3 & 4 streams and they were really good, so I've got nothing against the series.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes in games in the Sims series, I have played the following games:

The Sims Deluxe Edition
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 2 (DS version)
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 3 (3DS version)
    The Sims Medieval

Of all the versions I have played, The Sims Medieval is probably my favorite. For one thing, I like the RPG side to it. One fun way to get rid of Sims in that game is sending them to the Pit of Judgement where they have to deal with the Pit Beast.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Man, I used to play The Sims + all expansions all the time. The Sims 2 is where I started falling off with the series. Never bought The Sims 3 or 4.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Sims 1 was definitely the OG. I remember playing Sims 1 endlessly, taking care of my perfect family till I needed to move on and play more of Caesar 3. I discovered Sims 1 thanks to my cousin who had all of these great Sims and City-esque games, of course Sims 1 and Caesar 3 being the two games that i ended up discovering.

My favorite moments in playing Sims was watching my family just do their things while I enjoyed my hard work. Of course managing their needs and stuff, especially with children was something that stressed me out as a kid, but it was satisfying to solve them all up.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Sims 2 was the best! Sims3 is alright too but I think overall I prefer the second one. Never played the 4th tho.

I jsut found lately that I still have my cousin's Sims 2 and expasion packs copy.... I might play this a little bit before I give it back mwahaha

PS: I never killed someone on Sims... and will never do. I never understood those who removed the pool ladder.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Grown up with The Sims since it first released and I still play it to date. I started with the very first Sims game since it came out when I was around 7 years old, it was my sister who bought it but she's slightly older so I guess it was her who got me into it. Ever since then I've bought most of the expansion packs across all 4 generations. Gotta say it's definitely improved for me over the years as the Expansion Packs have just got stronger and more diverse with content.

Favourite in order goes:
    S4 > S3 > S2 > S1.

I do like all of them but the ones I find myself playing most are The Sims 4 & Sims 3.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Do they still have the "stretch skeleton" console cheat in The Sims 3/4? I remember using it to make some giant praying mantis style cats and dogs in The Sims 2.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Embarrassing/funny story time

My first Sims game was Sims: Hot Date, and despite the saucy name, I played this with my mom when I was like 6 (actually I don't really know why it was called Hot Date? Wiki tells me it was just because of the Downtown area). We made our own family and played as ourselves, basically, and one fateful day, the cheap stove caught on fire, as cheap stoves do in The Sims.

Me being 6 and my mom being not that great at games, we had no idea what to do in this situation (and that we needed a fire alarm/smoke detector in the house, apparently) aand after a few minutes of panicking and screaming, my (in-game) mom caught on fire and died. I started crying and was inconsolable, and I wish I could tell you that was just the in-game me, but no, I literally cried because my Sims mom died.

please don't judge me I was 6

So yeah, that was my first experience with Sims, and of course my mom thinks it's hilarious and makes sure I don't forget it, so here you go. :P

I still enjoy Sims, played 3 and 4 and I think one of the GBA titles since, did not cry. And also I know what to do in case of a fire now, so no reason to cry.

Jakuzure

The Snake
    Years
  • I've been a fan of the series since the days of Sims 1, though I didn't have a lot of expansions for that game :p

Sims 2 was probably my favourite of the whole series mostly due to the modding community, though I have also played Sims 3 and 4 and purchased most of the expansion packs. Sadly, they've lost of a lot of their appeal to me and seem far more limited than their predecessors(particularly in Sims 4's case - there's hardly any colour customisation :( )

I also had Urbz for the PS2 and adored that game. I used to sink a lot of hours into playing that. Kind of have the urge to go dig it out now actually. :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I still play. Favs are Sims 4 and Sims 1 for nostalgia reasons. I played urbz on ps2 and bustin out. LOVE DA SIMS.

Years
  • As a child I had Sims 2 for PC as well as Xbox and SimCity Deluxe, all of which were childhood. Then in middle school I bought my own Sims 3 and to this day I still spend time jacking around and burning families to death by fire.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I only played The Sims! The sequels seemed too complicated - I LOVED the expansions and the stupidness of the sims, how I could manipulate them and build huge houses they hardly even used and how they didn't have overly complicated goals in life haha. My fav expansion is Superstar.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I used to be rather famous around these parts for the shenanigans my Sims got into.

Started off playing the original Sims when it was first released. I remember when it first came out and no one knew what it was, but I bought it because it was right up my alley. It didn't really grab me back then, since the game was so limited. The only expansion pack that I had for TS1 was Unleashed because I'm also an animal fan. I do have the Complete Collection that has every expansion pack on it.

The Sims 2 is where I fell in love with the franchise. I got TS2 when my TS1 games started glitching out, and I knew that I wanted to upgrade from all the Sims stories that I read online. TS2 just seemed like it had more to do, and I was right! Even though I'm still playing to this day, there are features from expansion packs that I haven't explored yet. I do have every expansion and stuff pack in physical copy and the Ultimate Collection from Origin.

Haven't played TS3 because I couldn't get over how the Sims look in that game. TS4 seems interesting, and I'm debating about picking it up now. Especially since toddlers have now been introduced!

Sims Bustin' Out on the console
    I have that game, and played it here and there. Don't really like it. The Sims are a PC game to me that can't really be played on a console.

Back