• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • https://gamesdonequick.com/

AVGDQ (Awesome Video Games Done Quick) is on this week! For those not in the know, it's a big speedrunning livestream fundraiser for charity. :D It's super fun to tune into, I highly recommend it to everyone. You can check the schedule to see if they're speedrunning any of your favourite games, too!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Infinite Warfare campaign possibly the best in the series. So that's two campaigns down. Five to go before the Switch releases.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Just to let the COD 2017 skeptics out there who may think that a "Vietnam Era" game won't have much weapon diversity, let me prove you wrong:
    Vietman War weapons are actually quite diverse and would be badass for a video game

And not to mention, more than half of the weapons from CoD4 are stuff from said era. Modern Warfare weapons weren't that far apart. Anyway, i decided to post this here instead of the "CoD Hate train" topic that Drunk NOTLESBIAN Tracer I mean one of our mods made about said franchise.

Then again, some might tell or refer Battlefield Vietman to me. I can smell it the minute this post is up. Don't worry you synths, I've played BF Vietman before

Also, Warwick rework hype. Yep. Riot's finally done it. They've released some teasers on what the Warwick rework will be like. Finally. A decade old champion finally getting the rework the playerbase has been demanding for years.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Just to let the COD 2017 skeptics out there who may think that a "Vietnam Era" game won't have much weapon diversity, let me prove you wrong:
    Vietman War weapons are actually quite diverse and would be badass for a video game

And not to mention, more than half of the weapons from CoD4 are stuff from said era. Modern Warfare weapons weren't that far apart. Anyway, i decided to post this here instead of the "CoD Hate train" topic that Drunk NOTLESBIAN Tracer I mean one of our mods made about said franchise.

Then again, some might tell or refer Battlefield Vietman to me. I can smell it the minute this post is up. Don't worry you synths, I've played BF Vietman before

Also, Warwick rework hype. Yep. Riot's finally done it. They've released some teasers on what the Warwick rework will be like. Finally. A decade old champion finally getting the rework the playerbase has been demanding for years.

Nam as an era had a shedload of interesting weapons. Though how many saw use in Nam is debatable. Really CoD just needs to stop. I can't imagine the mess they'd make of a VN multiplayer again.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

• WEEDWICK REWORK HYPE! Anyway, I figured that before I revive the League thread that is in desperate need of life support, again, I post my s**t here in daily chat since well I played the most cancerous champion in a game in AP Shaco. Dear lord, I felt that I needed to go to church after winning said game. I felt bad. Daily chat isn't complete without my random ramblings ;) Also, i had a couple of games where i was playing with people who were playing top lane WEEDwick and failing to know about lane control and the importance of minion damage. I'm a pretty shoddy laner in League but at least I'm totally aware of how minion damage can influence a laning phase. Some people in our server has the common sense of a ghoul who just ate a radroach for dinner.

Spoiler:

AP Shaco is aids. I never thought that I saw the day that I'd actually play him. Oh and yes, he works well as "Support"

In other regards, my friend hasn't returned my copy of FE: Fates Birthright to me since the day he borrowed the damn game. Now I feel gimped.

Regarding Nam, reading a bit of Wikipedia and our own encyclopedia books that has some sheds about it, many weapons were in there but obviously some of them saw limited use, such as certain ARs being used by special ops, or were in limited numbers. Then again, Sledgehammer and Activision can make some magic. And in my obviously bad attempt at sarcasm (Charisma 1, and barely any points invested in speech), don't worry folks. Sledgehammer will definitely be making a great redemption of the franchise this year. I bet 500 NCR dollars that COD 2017-18 will be something different.

My face when talking about COD 2017 being great this year.
    Spoiler:

I GARENtee it. Of course, i may be trolling. But I never troll ;). Duck no. I'm so bad at trolling that I'd be banned in my poor attempts at doing so.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind it if Call of Duty went down the 'Nam route. They touched upon it briefly in the first Balck Ops right? It's definitely doable I think, and the fact that the franchise might want to return to its 'roots' may be a good direction to go in with the franchise. I can already see the "Call of Duty is copying Battlefield" comments incoming if that happened haha.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Looking like $250 is the price for the Switch, which is absolutely perfect.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Looking like $250 is the price for the Switch, which is absolutely perfect.

Is that really all it is? I'm shocked by that. That was the exact same price as the Nintendo 3DS when it was first introduced. I hope the processing power of it is stronger than the 3DS. Nonetheless, I am genuinely surprised.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Is that really all it is? I'm shocked by that. That was the exact same price as the Nintendo 3DS when it was first introduced. I hope the processing power of it is stronger than the 3DS. Nonetheless, I am genuinely surprised.

Someone who works at Best Buy posted verified information to the Switch subreddit that it was $250.
    Someone who works at Target posted verified information to the Switch subreddit that it was $300.

So who knows.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Someone who works at Best Buy posted verified information to the Switch subreddit that it was $250.
    Someone who works at Target posted verified information to the Switch subreddit that it was $300.

So who knows.

maybe it's because of packs/bundles that cause price variations or something? also i'm quite curious about the switch's battery life when it's used as a handheld.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Gravity Rush 2. I hope everyone can have the chance to play it or else Star Guardian Poppy will be Heroically Charging her Keeper's Verdict right into your secret bases. Anyway, aside from my older Sister's FFXV binge, i'm seriously thinking of getting Gravity Rush 2 mainly since we need something else than Final Fantasy in our PS4. Also, kinda weird how something that started on a PSVITA, aka a handheld that nobody or people rarely talk about these days, is a PS4 game, which again, no problem since we own one now.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • QUESTION: Would people be interested in a VG profile collab, similar to what the mods and supporters do but for anyone who wants to join!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Probably going to replace Super Bomberman R with 1, 2, Switch as a launch title since Konami seems to be price gouging. $60? No way in hell Konami.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • ADC in 2017 LUL.

Anyway, so apparently, Injustice 2's trailer just came out and... it didn't really tell much another than showing off some new characters like Supergirl. But wait, Brainaic? That one i sorta like. Oh and of course no trailer is complete without some AAA cringe like having to Pre-order the game in order to play Darkseid.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • ADC in 2017 LUL.

Anyway, so apparently, Injustice 2's trailer just came out and... it didn't really tell much another than showing off some new characters like Supergirl. But wait, Brainaic? That one i sorta like. Oh and of course no trailer is complete without some AAA cringe like having to Pre-order the game in order to play Darkseid.

Showed off that Poison Ivy and Robin are in there as well. Video for people curious.

Hopefully the paywall will be something limited; I know that they did that with the newest Naruto Shippuden game with Boruto, but he's (finally) being released as a playable character for people who don't preorder. So we'll see.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

• Just leaving this one here. But FINALLY, THE ROOOOCK FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS HAS COME BACK TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW into a reality which hopefully won't end up being one of those big projects that get scrapped out for d1(khead reasons.

Hypetrains aside, for an "extended gameplay" trailer, way too short nintendo. Way too short. Extended gameplay should be around 10 minutes for the ad revenues.

ADC Pessimistic thoughts and skeptism about gaming in 2017 LUL

Back