• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mario vs. Sonic [GCC Week 3]

Who is your favourite?

• Mario

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • Mario games have been pretty damn consistent in the overall quality since it's first release. Even branching out and trying drastically new gameplay styles over the years, to great success. I love the earlier Sonic stuff, but it seems after the Adventure games, which haven't age well mind you, that everything has been either hit or miss. For every decent Sonic game, there's a bomb like Sonic Boom or '06. Sonic's personality seem to change from game to game, but I sill think I prefer Mario's silent persona anyways.

So Mario.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • No questions asked, Mario. Every Mario game I have played is fun and never boring, from when I was younger to now. And what doesnt beat:

"ITS A ME, MARIO!"

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I like Sonic (at least I enjoy the Sonic Boom, CN show) but my vote goes to Mario. It's more iconic and popular than Pikachu (and everyone knows who Pikachu is). The games are also far more consistent (Bros, Kart, Land and all sorts of spin offs for Luigi and even Donkey Kong). I can't name as many for Sonic.

Sonic is fun. Mario is timeless.

Years
  • To be honest, I've played more Mario games, like Mario Kart, Bros, and many more but I like Sonic better. One of the reasons is because of its design and speed, he is very fast haha, I know, it's not a 'good' reason. Another reason is because of Sonic's companion and friends, I like everyone, Shadow, Tails, etc.

So yeah, my vote goes to Sonic.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I mean, it's Mario. Mario put Sonic out of business for a time there.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I kinda grew up watching Sonic Underground and Sonic X when they were airing on weekends. The Super Mario Supershow was... really cheesy. Overall, I prefer Sonic as a character, but over all, I love Mario games more consistently. But since this is a battle between characters, I'd have to choose Sonic I suppose! Still, Mario is pretty cool, nothing against him, again I just prefer Sonic a little more. ^^

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Mario has better games overall, though I do think Sonic has some great and some underrated games as well.
    That said Sonic is a much cooler and more interesting character. Mario is some strange Italian stereotype with no personality. Sonic is much cooler as a character and his personality has been explored a bit deeper than Mario has been, IMO. I'd definitely take Sonic.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Mario's games are consistently better than sonic games even though mario has basically no character, and sonic is an interesting character with games that aren't as good imo. It's a case of best games vs best protagonist.

Years
  • This was tough, though I've played more Mario games I had to go with Sonic simply because the few Sonic games I have played, I played a lot.

Years
  • The Sonic games on the Genesis/Mega Drive are what I grew up on, and I'd so as far as saying Sonic 2 is my favorite game of all time, so it was an easy choice for me. Granted, I don't think the 3D world has been as kind to the Sonic franchise as it has for Mario, but with a game like Sonic Mania coming out this year, I think looking to the past is the right idea by Sega.

User19sq

Sonic is speedy and powerful, having killed various abominations and divine beings with the help of his friends and the Chaos Emeralds. But Mario... has done the same, and is no more than an plumber! He's traveled long distances and taken down enemies without breaking a sweat, nor losing weight! I have to go with Mario.

Even moreso considering the direction Sonic's games have gone. I had to pick up the first games on the 3DS just to keep my faith in him alive. Maybe he'll come back to us. And the Chao too, hopefully.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I always liked Mario as a character more than Sanic so my completely biased vote goes into Mario. Also, Mario has a rather decent arsenal of tools and powers that go hand in hand in his numerous adventures.

Also, in a metaphysical sense, i felt that Mario has had a more consistently decent library of games, most of which are decent to of course being superb such as good ole Super Mario Bros for the NES, and Super Mario 64 which basically pioneered what smooth 3-dimensional controls are. Heck even the CD-i exclusive Hotel Mario was a half-decent game. The same can't be said for Sonic though, but one advantage that Sonic did have over Mario is that Sonic at Sat AM cartoon which was an amazingly well done series compared to what Mario's cartoons were.

Back