• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Princess Peach vs. Princess Zelda [GCC Week 4]

So? Who do you pick?

• Princess Peach

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Princess Zelda

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't like Zelda that much, but I still think she's better then peach.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    P E A C H all the way. I think playing SSBB really got me to like her even more to the point where I became a Peach main. Zelda isn't bad either, just me being biased :P

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Peach does have her own game, and I like her personality in the Paper Mario games, but most of the time she's relegated to damsel in distress. Not to say Zelda hasn't had her fair share of kidnappings either. Zelda definitely plays a more of active role and her Wind Waker incarnation is definitely my favorite version of her.

I'll go Zelda.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • @Cooler do we get to take into account that Zelda is Sheik or are they separated? Cause Sheik is one of my favorite characters hands down and would give Selda the unanimous vote if that's the case.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • GCCE2I.gif
    I see.

I just now realized this was a thing, and since this is my bread and butter, here's my take on it.

It depends on the chronology and games that we use for Zelda that determines whether she wins. Hyrule Warriors have certainly shown Zelda's abilities to fight on a battlefield, but it's in the main series titles (exception of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) that Zelda doesn't do anything in the games. Like, actually nothing. Sure, Sheik is a cool character, but in Ocarina of Time, most in most of her appearance, she sorta shows up, tells you where to go, and reveals herself to be Zelda at the end (is it okay that I say that... it's been like 19 years). Sheik doesn't do anything to really become a ninja. It's Super Smash Brothers and Hyrule Warriors which gave her those abilities. She's never done anything like that with her disguises. Because they were disguises to fool Ganon. Not suits of combat armor. Sure, she's aided in stopping him, but it's never without Link striking the final blow. She's not capable of killing Ganon with the Light Arrows, only merely stunning him for a short amount of time. When faced with Zant, she didn't fight at all despite possessing the Triforce of Wisdom. Yeah, you could chalk this up to Zelda not wanting her people to die, but she did so without even exemplifying if she's even capable to stopping a mere Shadow Beast.

Peach, on the other hand, has actually exemplified more physical and combat prowess a lot more than Zelda ever has in the titular series. She's athletic enough to keep up with Mario and the gang, knowledgeable to fight Bowser's henchmen, heck, in the Mario & Luigi titles, Peach played in active role in stopping the bad guys (at least in Partners in Time, as well as, Bowser's Inside Story). Peach actually has magic and has used her's... more than Zelda, surprisingly. That's the real reason Bowser kidnaps her in the first place. You could argue the point that Peach gets her abilities and feats from mostly spin-off titles, but Zelda only gets hers from spin-off titles as well, and Peach has a TON more spin-offs to work with when classifying a character's power, speed, durability, and skills. Zelda's cool and all, but Peach has survived in space and a subsequent black hole (both Sunshine and Mario Galaxy), multiple kidnappings from Bowser, being trapped inside Bowser's body, survived Mario Party, went on her own adventure to stop the big baddie, and never gave Mario cake (that's a joke).

Mario doesn't really have a true canon, unlike Zelda, which has been confirmed by its Hyrule Historia Timeline. So while it's easier to consider spin-off titles for Peach, it's not as easy for Zelda.

Peach may not run a kingdom as well as Zelda, but she can definitely take her in a fight.

If you include Hyrule Warriors, Zelda with very hard difficulty.
    Otherwise, Peach absolutely demolishes her in everything except intelligence.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • GCCE2I.gif
    I see.

I just now realized this was a thing, and since this is my bread and butter, here's my take on it.

It depends on the chronology and games that we use for Zelda that determines whether she wins. Hyrule Warriors have certainly shown Zelda's abilities to fight on a battlefield, but it's in the main series titles (exception of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) that Zelda doesn't do anything in the games. Like, actually nothing. Sure, Sheik is a cool character, but in Ocarina of Time, most in most of her appearance, she sorta shows up, tells you where to go, and reveals herself to be Zelda at the end (is it okay that I say that... it's been like 19 years). Sheik doesn't do anything to really become a ninja. It's Super Smash Brothers and Hyrule Warriors which gave her those abilities. She's never done anything like that with her disguises. Because they were disguises to fool Ganon. Not suits of combat armor. Sure, she's aided in stopping him, but it's never without Link striking the final blow. She's not capable of killing Ganon with the Light Arrows, only merely stunning him for a short amount of time. When faced with Zant, she didn't fight at all despite possessing the Triforce of Wisdom. Yeah, you could chalk this up to Zelda not wanting her people to die, but she did so without even exemplifying if she's even capable to stopping a mere Shadow Beast.

Peach, on the other hand, has actually exemplified more physical and combat prowess a lot more than Zelda ever has in the titular series. She's athletic enough to keep up with Mario and the gang, knowledgeable to fight Bowser's henchmen, heck, in the Mario & Luigi titles, Peach played in active role in stopping the bad guys (at least in Partners in Time, as well as, Bowser's Inside Story). Peach actually has magic and has used her's... more than Zelda, surprisingly. That's the real reason Bowser kidnaps her in the first place. You could argue the point that Peach gets her abilities and feats from mostly spin-off titles, but Zelda only gets hers from spin-off titles as well, and Peach has a TON more spin-offs to work with when classifying a character's power, speed, durability, and skills. Zelda's cool and all, but Peach has survived in space and a subsequent black hole (both Sunshine and Mario Galaxy), multiple kidnappings from Bowser, being trapped inside Bowser's body, survived Mario Party, went on her own adventure to stop the big baddie, and never gave Mario cake (that's a joke).

Mario doesn't really have a true canon, unlike Zelda, which has been confirmed by its Hyrule Historia Timeline. So while it's easier to consider spin-off titles for Peach, it's not as easy for Zelda.

Peach may not run a kingdom as well as Zelda, but she can definitely take her in a fight.

If you include Hyrule Warriors, Zelda with very hard difficulty.
    Otherwise, Peach absolutely demolishes her in everything except intelligence.

I like this guy. Here, have a cute puppy +1

funny-cute-animated-pug-gif-41.gif

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I like this guy. Here, have a cute puppy +1

funny-cute-animated-pug-gif-41.gif

Ye. I have a knack for these sort of discussions. I only found this existed through PC's twitter. Oh, I even completely forgot about the fact that you play as Peach in Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Bros. 2. And you fight Bowser and Wart, respectively. So there's that too.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Definitely gonna say Zelda. I will say I'm biased since Zelda is my favorite Smash character of all time but what can I say, the girl has some fighting skill!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well, it's Zelda, clearly. She has so many more notes than Peach does.

Years
  • Have to go with Zelda. I not really a big fan of either but the common idea is that Peach is too much of a damsel in distress, whereas Zelda can and has actually fought her way out of things.

User19sq

Tough. If the fight were on who I'd like to kidnap on looks alone, it's hard to decide (maybe Peach, because:)

In an actual fight, Zelda wins. She's a goddess reincarnated. Nuff said.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • On a gameplay perspective or at least in the subject matter of the games where you actually play as said Nintendo ~~waifew~~ NOTDisney Princess, Peach has had some pretty decent games that starred her. As mentioned already, she was a playable character in SMB2 who was probably the most fun to play as given her hover ability, and of course her own solo title in Super Princess Peach which was a pretty decent game.

Zelda on the other hand, well yes she's got some stuffs, and also a whole franchise of games is indeed named after her, even if she isn't the main playable character. But really its sad to know that Princess Zelda herself is associated with two CDI games that unfortunately were pretty awful titles but then again, anything that involved the Philips CDI was already asking for it.

Then again, I'll just say this, I like my fictional princesses how I like my cotton candy -> Fluffy, and pink. Princess Peach.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Zelda

She's not defensless, she has a backstory, she looks better Imo, she's a badass woman lol. Peach is more the distress princess which is a stereotype I don't like. (I know Zelda can be too but less than Peach)

Back