• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
the shield is definitely op for the reason given above. i don't think it absorbs too much damage per se, but the fact that it's usually ready to be re-deployed after breaking really makes it a nightmare to get past without having your entire team focussing on it. it could do with a longer cooldown, or have a cooldown that starts when the shield is broken. i also think her primary fire needs its spread increased quite a bit since right now it's way to easy to plant crit after crit from half way across the battlefield.

Just like with Reinhardt, use a Bastion to rip that shield down. Unless you're too "pure" to use such a character (;

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
I don't think Orisa's that OP. Haven't really had much of a chance to play as her though, and I suck when I do :P. She does get annoying when she's paired with Bastion, especially on maps like Eichenwalde (make the extra flanking route go live already!).

Now, if only my boi Zenny could use his Discord Orb though barriers again...

Also...

Also, why is getting Pharah potg so hard? I've been working at that one for weeks!

I feel you.
0db78b95f686c18c7149dae6877b3d1ecc2132c8d2deadb69b84094b78cb5b78_1.jpg

I haven't even unlocked any of Zen's highlight intros yet because there's no point, I'll never get potg with him xD

I found another NightRaven in Mystery Heroes today when I was playing with my brother. They were on the other team, so I said hi in the match chat. They didn't reply. :(

50px-House_Manderly.PNG

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I don't think Orisa's that OP. Haven't really had much of a chance to play as her though, and I suck when I do :P. She does get annoying when she's paired with Bastion, especially on maps like Eichenwalde (make the extra flanking route go live already!).

Now, if only my boi Zenny could use his Discord Orb though barriers again...

Also...

I feel you.
0db78b95f686c18c7149dae6877b3d1ecc2132c8d2deadb69b84094b78cb5b78_1.jpg

I haven't even unlocked any of Zen's highlight intros yet because there's no point, I'll never get potg with him xD

I found another NightRaven in Mystery Heroes today when I was playing with my brother. They were on the other team, so I said hi in the match chat. They didn't reply. :(

50px-House_Manderly.PNG
I don't think getting POTG is too hard as Zen - you just need to be more offensive minded with him. I don't know how you attack with him, but target his balls (lol) slightly ahead of the enemy. That's how you maximize damage/accuracy output.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
It's not really getting kills that's the problem, it's getting multikills. Zen's good at shredding down single targets as long as he can get headshots and also not die. When most dps characters have ultimates that have the potential to wipe out most, if not all of the enemy team at once when used in the right situation, Zen can't really compete for potg. :')

it's ok though a card at the end is enough recognition for me :)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
It's not that hard if you just bombard a choke point such as the one on Eichenwalde (which incidentally, I think they've fixed on the PTR - thank God) with orbs and use the Discord Orb a lot while you're doing it - I've got Zen PotG a few times doing that. It's also worth mentioning that the game does consider extremely fast healing to be PotG-able, so combining a double kill with a good Transcendence will probably net you one too. That said on any map with a choke point let's face it, Sym is getting PotG lol.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Apparently I'm pretty good at Reinhardt. Also, I might become a pharah main, pretty good at her.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So I just found today that Anjali Bhimani, the voice actress of Symmetra is coming to Anime Matsuri in Houston this next month. You can't imagine how excited I am right now.

She will be hosting the Overwatch Cosplay meetup over there. I'll try to get pics when I go!

Not only the voice of Symmetra, but also the voice of Sombra as well (forgot her name, but I am so excited to see her as well!) I'll be sure to get pics of them on Saturday when they do the cosplay meet!

Also, how is everyone fairing with Orisa now that she is out of PTR?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
This mode is fucking amazing. If they make it permanent by the end like they did with CTF, I'll re-up my XBL subscription now instead of waiting for August.

Playing this every day. Every single day thank you.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Still trying to get my hands on dat Blackwatch McCree and RNG hasn't been that friendly. Also, i found it kinda hilarious that Genji becomes a new hero in HOTS which okay may be a lil off topic.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Still trying to get my hands on dat Blackwatch McCree and RNG hasn't been that friendly. Also, i found it kinda hilarious that Genji becomes a new hero in HOTS which okay may be a lil off topic.

I really don't understand why they put Genji in HOTS. Same with Lucio. Just seems like you're plugging in random characters from a different universe. Doesn't really fit the themes in place in my opinion.

Years
I really don't understand why they put Genji in HOTS. Same with Lucio. Just seems like you're plugging in random characters from a different universe. Doesn't really fit the themes in place in my opinion.

They are just trying to get people to play HotS, specifically they want their huge OW playerbase to give HotS a try. That's also why to get the Oni Genji skin you needed to play HotS, and the new Nexus Challenge for HotS that will be revealed in 3 days they will probably make another OW skin that requires you to do the same thing. They want to make people give HotS a second chance and this is how they are attempting to do it.

Unrelated, I just got Blackwatch McCree in a loot box. Still hoping I can get Blackwatch Genji and the D.Va intro before the end of the event.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
They are just trying to get people to play HotS, specifically they want their huge OW playerbase to give HotS a try. That's also why to get the Oni Genji skin you needed to play HotS, and the new Nexus Challenge for HotS that will be revealed in 3 days they will probably make another OW skin that requires you to do the same thing. They want to make people give HotS a second chance and this is how they are attempting to do it.

Unrelated, I just got Blackwatch McCree in a loot box. Still hoping I can get Blackwatch Genji and the D.Va intro before the end of the event.

I understand the why of it, I just don't personally agree with it. That's like if you took a HOTS character and plugged it into the Overwatch pool of selectable characters. Just seems...out of place is the only way I can really describe it.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Ack yeah, I'm hoping to get Blackwatch McCree before the end of the event too, but I don't have the time these days to play. Might cave and just buy some lootboxes. I'm halfway there with coins, so even if I just get duplicates I might still be able to buy the skin. It's the last thing I want after getting Zenyatta and D.VA's highlights, and the skins for Orisa, Bastion and Genji.

I also got two legendaries and an epic in a lootbox during this event. And they weren't duplicates either! Needless to say I was very grateful to the RNG gods, lmao.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Ack yeah, I'm hoping to get Blackwatch McCree before the end of the event too, but I don't have the time these days to play. Might cave and just buy some lootboxes. I'm halfway there with coins, so even if I just get duplicates I might still be able to buy the skin. It's the last thing I want after getting Zenyatta and D.VA's highlights, and the skins for Orisa, Bastion and Genji.

I also got two legendaries and an epic in a lootbox during this event. And they weren't duplicates either! Needless to say I was very grateful to the RNG gods, lmao.

Just play 8 hours a day for a week or two. Got me all the skins and emotes except for Orisa and Pharah's emote.

Back