• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • So. Bastion is basically unkillable.

I had read about his sentry form getting nerfed and absolutely whooping for joy, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE CAN JUST TANK EVERYTHING INSTEAD.

So people who have seen or played with this, thoughts? Is he as un-killable as the video suggests? Can we just remove him from the game already?

I actually don't mind the changes. And no, thts not just because I do play as him. He's supposed to be a defensive hero, so it makes sense that he should be able to survive a lot. Just like how Mei can use her freeze ability to regenerate health and not get hurt, I think Bastions repair works the same way (and thankfully they made it so there's a cool down for that. Couple that with the fact he is a sitting duck, there should be no reason that you can't beat him (yes I know, I watched the video but if two people attack him you'll be fine; he's just more like a sturdy defensive tank now tbh.) And didn't they take a long to of his long range attack away as wel? So I think it's a good trade off and people will find ways to kill him, just like people were screaming about Someone Myra or Symmetra when they're changing were introduced.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Oh wow. *has flash backs to the dark times during quick play* How the hELL is his sentry mode so tanky now? Gosh. In the ptr can't he also self-heal in recon mode whilst on the move too? It's insaneeee.

Also, I love how with OW you could be having a terrible time solo queuing, only to then return later in the day to play with friends and immediately start to steamroll through the game haha. Happened with me in the arcade. <3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yeah, Mei's skins have a bug that makes her look thinner. It's being patched next time around.

Best excuse from Blizzard ever? Instead of stating "well, obviously some people don't know how clothes work," it's just "yeah must be a bug, we'll 'fix' it, okay."

Anyhow, I'm interested to see how this monstrous new Bastion pans out. It's gonna be hell, and I'm ready.

As far as Year of the Rooster, I only missed legendary skins---Roadhog, Zenyatta, D. Va and Winston. I got the rest (bought a few at the end of the event, since I didn't want to have to wait a year for them like I'll have to for some Halloween/Winter outfits)

I'd still like to see Doomfist be the kid from the first animated short, lol. It would be interesting to see him return that way. But, from what's been speculated and "confirmed" so far, I don't think that will be the case.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I wasn't able to play much during the event, but I was able to unlock one of the Mei skins and the Ana skin. I wanted the D.Va skin, but I wasn't lucky enough to get it in a box, and I wasn't gonna blow 3000 coins on it/buy loot boxes. There's always next year I guess.

Nakuzami

Years
  • What immediately came to mind, and what I think would be awesome, is that she could be the one to create Athena's artificial body, thus making her the next hero.

It's what's theorized to be floating next to Tracer in this image, at least
    Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • What immediately came to mind, and what I think would be awesome, is that she could be the one to create Athena's artificial body, thus making her the next hero.

It's what's theorized to be floating next to Tracer in this image, at least
    Spoiler:

People have also argued that the big giant red robot over on the right could also be a project that she has made. Plus, the colors semi-resemble the Numbani culture (loosely.) I'm very excited about this new character nonetheless.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Could be. We're likely to get a new tank or support, I think, and Athena would fit well with the latter, while the red robot the former.

But, according to this "leak," it won't be either, though it will be a tank
    Spoiler:

Reliability? Who knows. Still gonna keep on hoping for Athena, though, haha.

Years
  • Tracer is my favorite out of the overwatch characters though ive only gotten play of game as Tracer once on ps4 and twice on xbox one i can sometimes dominate as d.va (orginally started playing overwatch as D.va) but i wlll be honest i used to hate Tracer till i learned the way she operates and the sound files and stuff are rather amusing like eat my dust

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Blizzard keeps saying it's not Doomfist, it's not Anchora. So... I can only believe that it's both Doomfist and Anchora xD

I'm more excited for any shorts than any new characters though, ngl, being a lore geek. Knowing that my main Lucio (and Widowmaker, but then again when is Talon not involved XD) is in the upcoming one makes me soooo hyped to watch it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Blizzard keeps saying it's not Doomfist, it's not Anchora. So... I can only believe that it's both Doomfist and Anchora xD

I'm more excited for any shorts than any new characters though, ngl, being a lore geek. Knowing that my main Lucio (and Widowmaker, but then again when is Talon not involved XD) is in the upcoming one makes me soooo hyped to watch it.

I really hope the video unveils both heroes. The picture tweeted makes me think that Doomfist made that impact, so if we got an animated short of Doomfist being chased down by Anchora, that would be amazing. Plus, if Terry Crews actually is the voice for him, he would automatically become my new main. Love that guy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • New hero is out:

I'm seeing people complaining about how we're getting new female heroes three times in a row instead of a new male hero. It really reminds me of the complaints Pokémon fans had about having Fire/Fighting starters three times in a row before Delphox broke the trend.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I love Orisa's design. I love Efi's VA work; it gave me a lot of ATLA vibes.

(Everything changed when Doomfist attacked)
    ((Although Orisa's tank skills are great, she still has a lot to learn before she can save anyone.))

I find it amusing how people whine about her Fortify making her immune to crowd control but she's literally an "anchor" tank what did you expect lol

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • I figured it was about time I posted here, being the GM of Overwatch Mafia and all :3

I would love to try out Orisa but I had some terrible placement matches, so I'm currently trying to cleanse my profile of the awful stain that is bronze rank (pls don't judge me too much :(). Climbing is hard when you're a support main in solo queue.

I tried being a flex player when I first started playing but I just ended up filling up tank or support most of the time, so now I'm a Zen main who can also have a good go at some other characters, but Zen is my fav <3

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • seeing her being called OP for Fortify alone is rather amusing. But same happened with Sombra when she was announced and look at the state of that

What is the cooldown on Fortify and how long does it last for? I saw a gif of it stopping a Reinhardt charge and I actually really enjoyed that counter...although to be blunt, Orisa is sort of just a mesh of different hero abilities which disappoints me a little bit /:

I figured it was about time I posted here, being the GM of Overwatch Mafia and all :3

I would love to try out Orisa but I had some terrible placement matches, so I'm currently trying to cleanse my profile of the awful stain that is bronze rank (pls don't judge me too much :(). Climbing is hard when you're a support main in solo queue.

I tried being a flex player when I first started playing but I just ended up filling up tank or support most of the time, so now I'm a Zen main who can also have a good go at some other characters, but Zen is my fav <3
    Has Bastion been a huge pest in your placement matches so far? I purposely put off my placement matches because I didn't want to deal with the Bastion-meta that is going on currently. Thankfully, Jeff went on record saying that Bastion changes are going to be made and hopefully will pass through the current PTR quickly.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years

• *triggered*

I feel like Bastion was the sole reason I placed bronze lol

Bastion + Rein on first point on Eichenwalde is deadly, especially if you get a team that doesn't want to push. I feel like Bastion melts Rein's shield way too quickly now :(

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • *triggered*

I feel like Bastion was the sole reason I placed bronze lol

Bastion + Rein on first point on Eichenwalde is deadly, especially if you get a team that doesn't want to push. I feel like Bastion melts Rein's shield way too quickly now :(

Dude, that first choke point is the absolute worst point in the entire game game /: It's completely unfair for whoever is attacking. Rein + Bastion, throw in a Symmetra with turrets, Lucio healing everyone in a radius, Junkrat spamming bombs, and a Mei just being Satan, and it's the ultimate defense for that stupid map. I love that map- the aesthetics of it are amazing - but that first point is literally unplayable if the defense coordinates well.

Back