• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] [CONFIRMED] Nintendo Direct happening September 13th

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248376770&postcount=633

Take this with a grain of salt, but the person who leaked this information was the same person who leaked that a next gen remastering of LA Noir was coming to the Nintendo Switch (which was leaked in January and got recently announced by Rockstar this past week.) That being said and if this information is true, what would you like to see the Nintendo Company either touch upon or announce at this upcoming Nintendo Direct?

For some individuals who may be skeptical, a Reddit user summed up my feelings nicely:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This will be my official ask from every Nintendo Direct until the end of time; the first two Paper Mario games, remastered, on one cart.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • This will be my official ask from every Nintendo Direct until the end of time; the first two Paper Mario games, remastered, on one cart.

I think I would have a heart attack if I heard this on a Switch. Paper Mario for the N64 has one of the best soundtracks of all-time, hands down.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    And one was just confirmed for... this Wednesday at 6PM Eastern.

DJcshU7XkAAbYuK.jpg

45 minutes long, Switch and 3DS games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hoping for Animal Crossing mobile update and a new game announcement, Stardew on Switch release date and Gamecube Virtual Console. High hopes but 45 minutes sounds promising!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • One of the rumors of the now confirmed direct mentioned that we'll have even less faith in Capcom's support for the Switch, which wouldn't surprise me given how Capcom's doing right now.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I was actually referring to them ignoring their fans and re-releasing older games on the Switch rather than brand new titles. I got my information about Capcom's current position on the Switch here.

I'm going to give that a look in a little bit, but just spitballing based on my predispositions I wouldn't say that I'm that surprised. Considering the amount of IPs that capcom does have under their possession, it's a pretty easy cash grab to target a new console that hasn't had their games before (again that's just based on my knowledge, I can't personally think of Capcom games on the top of my head that have been on a Nintnendo console before.)

Years
  • I'm going to give that a look in a little bit, but just spitballing based on my predispositions I wouldn't say that I'm that surprised. Considering the amount of IPs that capcom does have under their possession, it's a pretty easy cash grab to target a new console that hasn't had their games before (again that's just based on my knowledge, I can't personally think of Capcom games on the top of my head that have been on a Nintnendo console before.)
    Resident Evil during the Gamecube era.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    In reality, just give me dates for Stardew and Terraria, some Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon information, and maybe a hint towards a Switch Animal Crossing game, and I'll be happy.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Really hoping for some info on Xenoblade. Also lowkey excited for Monster Hunter, maybe we'll have some more info on that as well.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Doom and Wolfy II on the Switch. Incredible. Will be buying Doom, that's for sure.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Xenoblade 2 out December 1st!

A pretty info packed direct. The 3DS still has a lot going for it with the upcoming Pokemon, Kirby, Mario Party, Layton and numerous Atlus RPGs.

Man, we even get a demo (available now!) for Octopath Traveler on the Switch too.

Mario Odyssey just looks like so much fun. I can't wait.

And Wolfenstein and Doom? Who saw that coming?

Yukari

Walked in hyped about Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Walked out less excited for it.

But at least we're getting a Radiant Historia Remake. I'm really really really reaaaaaaally hyped about that.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I am SOOOO hyped for Xenoblade 2. Also that trailer made me actually wanna play Mario Odyssey. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it looks AMAZING! It's like all my favorite parts of my favorite mario games + more!

Fe warriors is looking good, I haven't played anything aside from FE 13/14 but I know how popular lyn is.

Also I think the radiant historia remake was confirmed a while ago? unless I misunderstood or something.

USUM was amazing. Nuff said. I actually predicted quite a lot of the games shown in the direct, so I'm happy about that.

I'm not even sad Smash 5 isn't coming. imo a lot of games need to come out before it so we can get some more characters.

And Octopath Traveller? Heck yes.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Actually went through the Octopath Traveler demo, and it's got me excited about the game! I hope the release isn't too far off.

I'm glad Nintendo is making sure the Switch doesn't end up like the Wii U.

Back