• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcades

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm not talking about this one over in the Get-Together (but definitely check it out if you haven't already), but real arcades! When was the last time you played games in an arcade (if they aren't 'before your time')? Do you have a favorite arcade game?

A cousin I haven't seen in about 10 years is in town visiting me right now, and the last time he was here (when we were kids) we spent a lot of time at a local arcade, so a few days ago we went to check it out again for nostalgia's sake. A lot of the cabinets and machines we remembered have been replaced, but it was still fun (and we did a lot better in Jurassic Park this time around).

How about you guys? Have any arcade memories to share?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Well of course my state is home to the WORLDS LARGEST ARCADE (idk if it actually still is, but if not then it's still very close) called Funspot. They have a whole room of ancient cabinets and even more rooms of more modern ones. Havent been there in at least 9 months.

I prefer to drive the extra 3 minutes to Weirs Beach as they have a boardwalk on the lake with multiple smaller arcades. Being on the water makes it so much more enjoyable for me! Went there maybe a month and a half ago (ish)

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Indeed you are privy to the world's largest arcade...and I'm not jealous at all! Nope!

Here in the UK, our arcade has dwindled and essentially died, with one notable arcade being in London, which is the Heart of Gaming. I miss the whole scene, I really do. I dream one day of being able to go over to good ol' Japan and walk into one of their arcades, playing the likes of Third Strike or Darkstalkers for hours on end, I think it's something that needs to make a comeback, for sure!

It's just a ticket to Manchester International away! There's even mini-golf, go-karts, and paintball within walking distance to Funspot. Plus the lake that Adam Sandler has a summer house on, and Cage The Elephant has their summer vacation on (plus many other famous people)

It has a Classic Arcade museum Rabinator... No games newer than '87! At least 50 cabinets!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Haven't been to an arcade in years. As 9-10 year old, living in a small California town, I use to frequent our local video store, which had it's own arcade room, just so I could play Marvel vs Capcom! That Megaman special was the coolest thing ever for me as a kid, lol.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There used to be a Jillian's at the local mall here. Mall wanted too much for rent, so they went away a few years ago. But my favorite game there was this:

91521ca1a595cbfba5267830289c6579.jpg

Cyclone! I was so good at this game, and could get the jackpot so reliably, that they would have to refill the tickets multiple times a trip.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    We have a mall over here with a decent sized arcade. It's not the same as it used to be, but it's still pretty cool. They now have a 10 players F1 racing sim which is super dope. I remember back in the days (maybe 07-08), my friend and I spent hours and hundreds of dollars playing Time Crisis 4. We held the highscore on that game for quite some time.

Years
  • I sometimes go to a (somewhat) nearby Dave and Busters, it's always a fun time. My favorite arcade was one near me, it was small but had a bunch of awesome classics. Unfortunately it closed down about 10 years ago however!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I sometimes go to a (somewhat) nearby Dave and Busters, it's always a fun time. My favorite arcade was one near me, it was small but had a bunch of awesome classics. Unfortunately it closed down about 10 years ago however!

Arctic Thunder will forever hold a special place in my heart as THE best arcade game to play. Please tell me your Dave and Busters had that game.

Years
    • Seen today
    It wasn't a full arcade, but a restaurant I went to over the summer had a Mario Kart arcade machine in the back, along with a few other random racing games.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I just recently (roughly 10 months ago) went to the arcade that's in our downtown mall. Just about every time I step into an arcade I scope it out for any pinball machines and drain about $10-15 on those before looking for Time Crisis or Air Hockey. I tend not to venture out much from those since the majority of the rest of the games that make up arcades now are all about giving out tickets so you can win ridiculously expensive tickets and... well, I think it's just a waste of time so I just end up playing what I know I want to play.

Back