• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest! week 29

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome! In this thread, I will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it goes well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use! Now, isn't that glamorous?

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
    • You can only submit one caption / week.
    • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else.
    • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
    • Post your entry in this thread. VM/PM any questions to me. If you want to chit-chat - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!
    • This week, the entries will be judged by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers alone >:3

Panel #1

pmc1_zpsf24e0ff0.png

Get your creative juices going and give it a shot ;D It's easy!
    Good luck~​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    PROTEIN
    Use with moderation.

Can't the winner also get to choose the next panel together with you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can't the winner also get to choose the next panel together with you?
    Yes, that can totally be a feat! I find it difficult to choose panels haha, so that would be really good actually.

Just asking before starting that this thread is like solving a riddle right???
    Nah, this is more like coming up with what you think the characters in the panel should say. It does not have to be what they are actually saying in the manga. Actually, it can't be the same as the manga because that would defeat the purpose a bit ;) In this particular panel, there are no speech bubbles anyways, so it's all up to your imagination.

I'll do a caption as well just because it's fun. But I won't officially enter the contest.

A wild Machoke appears!
    Go Bulbasaur!
    Machoke: *flex*
    Oak: "Hmm. No, this one has only got four teeth."
    Red: *clicks RUN*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    pmc1_zpsf24e0ff0.png

Machoke: Where... is... my... poffin...
    Bulbasaur with stuffed mouth: Red, for the love of Arceus hit 'Run'.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • "You see this fist right here? It's a Machoke fist. Why is it called a Machoke fist, you ask? Because IMMACHOKE YOU!!!.........btw check out my muscles guys I've been working out lol."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Love your captions, guys! On Friday/Saturday some time, I will announce a winner. It sure won't be easy picking one! Then, the winner and I will hopefully have enough time to choose a new panel and get the next week's contest up on Sunday.

If you're looking at this and haven't gotten your own caption up yet, do eet! :D

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Machoke: Holland & Barrett whey protein sale now on!
    Red: (in deep voice) PROTEIN! huuurgh!
    Oak: I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Week 29 winner...

w29_zps602ce5ad.png

Manga Reader X! I find your caption funny and smart and it captures the image perfectly. Looks as if Red just stuffed a dozen Protein down Machoke's throat xD

Congratulations, you will get your name featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner.

It was a difficult choice! Special shoutout to BlahISuck because that made me laugh out loud, haha. Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun and if you don't win one week, you might win the next. The panels as well as the judges will vary, after all!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Naaaah. There are emblems for so many other things, even here in PG, so I thought I'd switch the rewards for this thing up a bit ;) Plus, it's fun to get members other than mods to help out around the forums, be it with useful threads such as your manga list, or by doing events.

>The new week's thread is up!<

Last edited:
    Back