• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which is REALLY better? Zekrom vs Reshiram

Zekrom or Reshiram?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ok so other than Black vs White this is the major debate of the Unova games. Which of the two is the best? Why? In terms of concept, who would win in a battle... everything! Which side do you choose?

pkmin3033

I think Reshiram has the better design, but...well, Truth is just an Ideal. Zekrom represents the more holistic concept, and Reshiram is just one aspect of it. On that basis alone Reshiram's very existence is narrow-minded stupidity: it seeks an ideal. So Zekrom would win.

Years
  • I have had experience with both, but I can see the appeal with Zekrom's design but Reshiram did introduce a long-awaited type combination so it is hard to call. I'd probably call it a draw since they're both awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    96px-517Munna.png

Pfft, Zekrom.

hides

Last edited by a moderator:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I love Reshiram's design and I love what it stands for. I dig the Truth vs Ideals thing and I'm definitely on the Truth side; to me it also equals knowledge and the search for that. Zekrom has a cool design, but Reshiram's is what ultimately made me pick Black over White.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Black was the game that got me back into the series after taking a break during Gen 4.

Whilst I didn't buy Black because Reshiram was on the box I do think it has an excellent design. Other than Virizion and maybe Cresselia few Legendary Pokemon can be described as elegant but Reshiram fits this adjective.

Whilst I have not used either Unova Dragon extensively I have kept all my Reshiram through my various playthroughs of Black and White 2. Dragon/Fire is also a great type combination.

Also my favourite game in the Pokemon series is White 2 which Reshiram is also catchable in.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think it's obvious which one I think is best....

....Reshiram! JK. Zekrom, while holding no type advantages over Reshiram, would effortlessly beat it due to being trained by our protagonist. We were strong!!

Also imo more people should give their thoughts here... :)

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I do like both of the dragons, but I have to say Reshi is my favourite. Although Meyneth does bring up a very interesting point, I feel the devs were going for a "passion vs. thought" type of dynamic (similar to Valour and Mystic). Both are important in my books.

In the end, my choice came down to design, and I prefer the more graceful, cloudy aesthetic Reshi had going on. The only thing I don't like about it is that poorly placed tuff of fur, but it's not enough to ruin the dragon/fire type's overall look in the end.

Vragon

1) Design expresses a more formalistic style showing wisdom and perhaps serenity.
    2) Dragon/Fire typing was the first we've had for that and still is the only first Dragon then Fire type.
    3) The lore of him being truth embedded.
    4) The fire typing with Dragon (good combo)
    5) Fusion Flare and his good special selection

Pros to Zekrom:
    1) Design to reflect a more modern and edgy style showing fierceness and will
    2) Dragon/Electric typing was the first one we've had and still is the only one outside mega evolution.
    3) The lore of him being a being of ideals.
    4) Black Kyurem
    5) Fusion Bolt and his good physical selection

But the reason I pick Zekrom (besides him being my favorite of the two and my favorite legend of all with no competition so far and probably till Pok?mon's end) since he was more of a fit for the hero. While Reshiram is indeed awesome, I found that he and N made good partners. Reshiram was the truth and you combat it with your ideals on how to see the world and affect it. It for this, the ones above and many MANY others that Zekrom Rules!

Also PS: Generations episode 15 best episode. Zekrom so deserved the spotlight!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Zekrom all the way... Something about the black color scheme, and the electric based typing that just enables my inner kid.

In short, Zekrom is a badass in my eyes :D

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Reshiram. Beautiful, magestic, fluffy dragon.
    Evened the votes woohoo!

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • Choose Zeckrom.
    Gee, I just hope to meet an electric Pokemon with "neon Lighting" and then I found ZEKROM.He absolutely perfect for my playthrough since I lack Electric type.Also Black and Blue is great color combination

Back