• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you like RPs here based on PMD? Actual research question. Why/why don't you like to join/read/lead those?

Years
  • I don't mind them, but I generally prefer to play as the trainer in pokemon RPs. I couldn't say why though in all fairness.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • /buckles up.

I'M READY.

Hm, I don't mind those rps, it's interesting to be a Pokemon so long as it's not going to be a wreck.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't actually care much for pokemon outside of some nostalgia and casual gaming. I don't like to talk about it much, and I don't know that I wouldn't want to rp about it either as a trainer or the pokemon but I probably wouldn't be as dedicated to it as something else. That being said, if there was a pokemon RP that I'd be likely to join then it would probably either have a darker atmosphere or be something like reburst.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Depends on the type of Roleplay. If I'm playing a Pokemon, I want it to be more serious, like Odyssey. Although it is fun to play a super serious He's actually silly character, like Konzu, for example. (For those who don't know, Konzu was a steroid Snorlax who could only say the word Konzu)

Years
  • To be completely honest, I'm a huge nerd who loves monsters and creatures of all types. So getting to play as one is always something I look forward to.

That said, I've never played any of the PMD games, so I just show up to play as a Pokemon without actually caring for the setting much. One of my most fun characters to play was a Flygon in a PMD game, but since I didn't know the world, he was never in a group, and just kinda flew around trying to help out.

I'd say it would be fun to play as a Pokemon in a regular setting, but then trainers would try to catch you all the time. (Unless you were already owned, of course. I was in a game like that once. The GM was a trainer, six players were his Pokemon. It was fun, but sadly didn't last long.)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • YAAAASSSS

I love roleplaying as a Pokémon way more than as a human in the Poké-world. I mean, for one thing, it is way different to act as an animal compared to a human. And I think human characters lose their novelty for me very fast. Pokemon come in all shapes and sizes which makes for abundant room to challenge tropes and character archetypes and coin up unique personas. Furthermore, battle roleplaying becomes really fun and less mechanical.
    (Unless you were already owned, of course. I was in a game like that once. The GM was a trainer, six players were his Pokemon. It was fun, but sadly didn't last long.)
    Rika's Captured! I remember that – it was so ingenious and I loved reading it.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • I enjoy PMD's universe alot, but unfortunately any PMD RPs I've been involved in either don't last long, or just can't really nail it.

Back