• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: Happy birthday, Discord!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Happy Birthday Discord!

Our Discord Server Has Turned 1!

Today, the PokeCommunity's Discord server is one year old! Thanks, everyone, for continually making it a fantastic place to chat and relax. We've had plenty of fun in the day-to-day chat, as well as in organized events such as The PokeCommunity Get-Together. In just one year, as you'll soon see visually, we've grown an outstanding amount: our active and online user count has grown consistently month after month, we got partnered with Discord in roughly six months, and we're now over 1.5 million total messages sent! It's been a blast so far and it won't stop any time soon. If you haven't joined the server yet, make sure to drop by! Everyone is welcome.

With love from PC's Social Media Team...

Big thanks to Achromatic for whipping this up!

Server Activity Stats

Messages per Month (in thousands)
    Happy birthday, Discord!

This past month wasn't our best, but overall our activity has risen incredibly quickly! We've gone from around 20 users online at a time and a few hundred messages a day to 300+ users online and ten thousand messages per day, all in only a year.

Messages by Channel
    Happy birthday, Discord!

This graph is based on a logarithmic scale, so it looks a bit misleading. The numbers on the bottom axis are purely for visual purposes. The real numbers are printed next to the channel names. At this rate we should be celebrating 1 million messages in #general alone sometime within the next month!

Share Your Discord Memories!

Some highlights this past year:
    • PokeCommunity Get-Together 14
    • E3 Discussion
    • Sun & Moon hype & release
    • The Great Christmas War of 2016 (Go Team Grinch)
    • The Nintendo Switch announcement discussion

Do you have any fond memories on our Discord server? Post them below!

What is Discord?

Discord is a free live chatting application, similar to Skype and Slack. It's like those two had a baby. You can use it in-browser at www.discord.gg or download the app on your computer and phone. By joining our server (click here), you can join the community and chat about, among others, #pokemon, #rom-hacking, #gaming, #music; share your work in the #artist-studio or #writers-lounge; find your 6IV ditto in the #tradecorner (yea, right); or just hang out in #general! Discord is a pressure-free environment where you can come & go as you please. We're all there to hang out, make friends and have fun.

How Are We Doing?

We'd love to hear from you! If you have any feedback or simply want to drop a comment, feel free to PM any of the Discord moderoids! If you'd like to keep your feedback private, please specify that in your feedback PM. Only the one you've chosen to PM will know who you are.

The Discord mods are: McCree, Rainbow, engineer, Frieza, hashtag, Hands, Nina, Bebop, bobandbill, Hiroshi Sotomura, Sylphiel and Rukario. Click a name to send a message!

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This server has been an amazing part of my life for the past year and I adore all of you guys that make it so much fun and all the moderoids that help run it with me. You're great. :)

Like Alex said, we'd definitely appreciate feedback, so if you have any, feel free to PM it to one of us! Don't be shy, anything helps.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I have only been on Discord for about a few weeks. But that time was about the time of my life at least this year. The best part to me was making some friends like Raffy98 and Coffee (thats not all of them). There would be too many to say, but for the most part everyone is really nice on there. I hope I will be here for a full year like the discord server has! :)

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Really enjoying Discord, there are so many nice people there and I made a lot of new friends.
    Also Voice Chat people are great. {XD}
    Happy first birthday!

Years
  • This is incredible and I'm very proud of the staff who have been upkeeping these channels. You guys are awesome & congrats!! Adding Discord to PC was one of the best decisions we've made.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've only been there for about a week now but I really enjoy the place. Happy birthday!

Back